Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 09-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
Flokos
Starter Motor

Default Coolant solution Telstar 1985 AR

Dear members,
I have a difficult time choosing the appropriate solution. The manual indicates an anti-freeze ethylene glycol antifreeze solution [ESR-FM7C-35C or ESB-M97B-18C] based on old AS standards(?). Presently there are for sale solutions, like ESE (second E, rather that R) M97B18-C Type A on AS2108-2004 standards, but there are others for Type B. I'm also confused if I should find just an a/freeze - a/boil, rather that a (just) a/freeze solution.
Finally, should I just stick on the abovementioned chemical compound only? I'm worried that if something else is used, it may affect the engine. Can you please assist? Many many thanks, Flokos.

Flokos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2011, 06:43 AM   #2
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Coolant solution Telstar 1985 AR

Hi Flokos, use Nulon anti freeze, anti corrosion @ 50/50 with de-mineralised water. Reasonably priced, 4 year life and good reputation. I have no idea why nobody has offered advice on this. Recommend flushing your cooling system before you put the Nulon in. Gives the Nulon a fresh start with no residue of anything else to cause problems. By the way, Nulon gives a good warranty/guarantee and the product is recommended for virtually all motor vehicles as it meets or exceeds most Australian and international standards.

Last edited by graham7773; 02-07-2011 at 07:02 AM.
graham7773 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #3
Flokos
Starter Motor

Default Re: Coolant solution Telstar 1985 AR

Again Graham7773, your info is invaluable. Well, the car's manual/specs are a bit outdated and there is some risk in using the wrong product, I suppose, as you can see from my confusion. Cheers and Cheers from my 242k tank!
Flokos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post