Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 18-07-2015, 09:38 AM   #1
atcji
Starter Motor

Default 2007 hatch: replacing high mounted brake lights

Hello,

Some of the bulbs in the high mounted brake lights are dead and I need them replaced with 5W W5W. The car is Mondeo 2.3 hatch 2007

I have trouble removing the trim to reach the assembly, as per manual I removed 2 screws and by pulling I can disengage 2 clips below the screws. The trim doesn't come off as there are apparently 4 more clips somewhere on the boundary with rear window screen. Can't feel them and afraid to break plastic by pulling too hard. Could not find any video on youtube.

Did anyone manage to remove the trim and can share his know-how or point me to a video?

Thanks!
atcji is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2015, 11:54 AM   #2
ljf12

Default Re: 2007 hatch: replacing high mounted brake lights

I don't know what the owners manual tells you to do but I have had the unfortunate experience of removing the tailgate trim to instal a camera.
If you need to remove the big panel at the bottom of the tailgate it has to come off last, you need to remove the piece across the top first,then the the sides, then the bottom.

They are very hard to pull off, metal clips are attached to plastic barbs on the trim, some of the clips will probably end up inside the hatch, I had a couple of plastic barbs break off.

Like you I struggled with removal and everything I found on the UK forums tells you to remove as per above.
ljf12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2015, 01:45 PM   #3
ljf12

I just found the owners manual, there are clips all around the large bottom panel so considering that the trim down the side locks in to the big panel I reckon you would struggle to do it as shown.
Old 18-07-2015, 01:47 PM   #4
atcji
Starter Motor

Thanks for rhe info, would you bw able to provide any links to UK forums where it is discussed?
Old 18-07-2015, 11:09 PM   #5
ljf12

talkford.com, do a search for Mk4 Mondeo tailgate/hatch trim removal.
Old 20-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #6
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

I'm not sure you can access the centre brake light from behind the panel. I've removed the panelling before and there's bugger all access to get to it.

cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2015, 09:53 PM   #7
atcji
Starter Motor

Thank you guys! By going in correct order i was able to remove all trim without breaking any clips. Centre brake light can be pulled easily then by squeezing holding clips. Just waiting for canbus errorfree leds to replace w5w, leds i got originally doesnt light unless i left at least one normal bulb and given how hard is to get there i'd rather put something long life there