Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-06-2016, 02:49 AM   #31
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New FGX XR6 XR8 Sprint Wheel alignments

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahh View Post
Anybody who just bought a new XR or Sprint should be asking their dealer for a wheel alignment check within the first 500KM.

This statement is based on my own experience from buying both the XR6 and XR8 new in the last 3 months and finding out that all is not well in the wheel alignment department.

Both vehicles wheels were found to be significantly out of alignment (3 - 6mm) on both the front and rear. The two vehicles were from different dealers and different build months.

The comment from my Service Advisor after the XR8 alignment was completed at 160KM - "Mate, if you hadn't had that done, your front tyres would have scrubbed out in no time".

I'm sure that the correct alignments are being set up in the factory but as things settle in over time with the vehicle being a few months old when purchased or the vehicle is driven on some less than perfect roads, the settings seem to be changing from what they should be.

Anybody else have the same happen to them?

P.S.
Don't rely on the pre-delivery inspection for any level of detail such as wheel alignment. I got copies of mine and it's just a tick the box exercise which in many cases is being carried out when the dealership received the car several months before you bought it.
Indeed mate you are spot on with the pre delivery assessment , i have been saying this for years , different dealers approach the pre delivery in different manners , and so do some mechanics and apprentices , the old she`ll be right tick the box mentality is alive and well , and i`d say this would be the case in many brands of vehicle , i have seen the tick box thing in action in that other brand , ;) you know who i mean .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post