Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-05-2015, 12:06 AM   #61
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 
Default Re: Ford 300+ Coupe for sale WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOUR View Post
I miss the ol terminator, was such a bad *** street car with the 4.6 motor the first kb and the viper spec t-56. that build thread was mr toads wild ride for car guys....
She's only sleeping, will "be back"
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-05-2015, 03:41 AM   #62
falcongt4me
TSCoA member Qld

Here's the final few pages from MOTOR (sorry had to get to work before):

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

2002 AUIII TS50 Liquid Silver #206 (ex NZ)

T-Series Club of Australia member; QLD

falcongt4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-05-2015, 03:44 AM   #63
falcongt4me
TSCoA member Qld

Sorry last pic won't rotate properly on here.

2002 AUIII TS50 Liquid Silver #206 (ex NZ)

T-Series Club of Australia member; QLD

falcongt4me is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-05-2015, 05:30 AM   #64
timeout

wow some of the comments here are really bitchy, proper female in fact from grown men one can assume.

No one says you have to like it or buy it. However respect it for the piece of history that it is and will never be again.

Should we rename this place hyundai forums or something???

One the falcon ks finished in 2016 its all over.
timeout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2015, 09:59 AM   #65
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
your comparing a FGX XR8 to an AU Coupe?

2 totally different markets there.
Ummmmm... both are v8 powered ford falcon sedans?? Different markets?

Yesterday i met a bloke who bought a EA falcon which was apparently super rare factory turbo, AIT or something, ford factory complianced car. He said he bought it for $9000 and thought he got the bargain of the century as its rare etc. (Apparently they came in 180kw & 215 kw kits)

To me it looked like a really rough EA falcon, dented up here and there, 230,000km, that whirring engine fan. I didnt want to break him but ba xr6t can be had for that price and will trounce that car in every which way

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptune blue View Post
It's an AU. Doesnt matter how it's tarted up its still the ugliest car ever produced by Ford Australia. They never recovered from that disaster
Exactly. Sort of the same scenario with this AU coupe..anyone who buys it (regardless of price) is getting an AU falcon for their money and they will have to park it next to a FGX xr8 and explain their purchase.
HULK_I6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2015, 10:27 AM   #66
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
Ummmmm... both are v8 powered ford falcon sedans?? Different markets?
Yep, incredibly different markets.
One is new and everywhere, the other is very very rare, being almost a one off.
An FGX buyer isn't looking at a 15yo car, and an AU coupe buyer isn't looking at an FGX.

BTW, the AU isn't a sedan.
Quote:
Yesterday i met a bloke who bought a EA falcon which was apparently super rare factory turbo, AIT or something, ford factory complianced car. He said he bought it for $9000 and thought he got the bargain of the century as its rare etc. (Apparently they came in 180kw & 215 kw kits)
Dunno if that's a bargain or not, I'm not really up to speed on EA Falcons.
I'm also not aware of any factory complianced turbo EA's.
If it's legit, then $9000 is probably ok.
Quote:
To me it looked like a really rough EA falcon, dented up here and there, 230,000km, that whirring engine fan.
That's because you don't get it. Don't feel bad, you're not alone.
Quote:
I didnt want to break him but ba xr6t can be had for that price and will trounce that car in every which way
I'm sure it would, however the BA XR6T isn't an exclusive factory EA turbo. Which clearly means more to a select few.
Quote:
Exactly. Sort of the same scenario with this AU coupe..anyone who buys it (regardless of price) is getting an AU falcon for their money and they will have to park it next to a FGX xr8 and explain their purchase.
I'd absolutely love to do that, like taking candy from a baby...

You'll get it someday Hulkster, maybe.
3 users like this post:
Old 10-05-2015, 10:41 AM   #67
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Yep, incredibly different markets.
One is new and everywhere, the other is very very rare, being almost a one off.

An FGX buyer isn't looking at a 15yo car, and an AU coupe buyer isn't looking at an FGX.

BTW, the AU isn't a sedan.

That's because you don't get it. Don't feel bad, you're not alone.

I'm sure it would, however the BA XR6T isn't an exclusive factory EA turbo. Which clearly means more to a select few.

I'd absolutely love to do that, like taking candy from a baby...

Maybe if you explain to another AU owner perhaps.

The AU coupe is not regarded by anyone outside of the ford AU falcon community where a FGX xr8 is well respected by a wider band of enthusiasts even across different brands.

Sort of like getting a qualification from some college in timbucktu and comparing against a world recognised university. More emplyees rate the well known education institution.
HULK_I6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2015, 10:44 AM   #68
sly_ba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post

I doubt it...
sly_ba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-05-2015, 10:51 AM   #69
timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly_ba View Post
I doubt it...
Me either trying to explain how rare a ford endrosed prototype is for sale.

see below back from 2001:

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...2572100028B7A1

or reread the howard masden / geoff polities article earlier in this thread.

also take note as it being a test fit of a quadcam in a falcon engine bay.... 2 years later the ba is out with the 5.4 boss.
timeout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-05-2015, 11:08 AM   #70
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Quote:
Maybe if you explain to another AU owner perhaps.
It can't be explained mate.
It's called passion.
Quote:
The AU coupe is not regarded by anyone outside of the ford AU falcon community where a FGX xr8 is well respected by a wider band of enthusiasts even across different brands.
Well naturally. I doubt many are even aware of the coupes existence, so how can it be regarded by many?

FWIW, I'm not even slightly interested in an FG XR8, however I'd snap up the coupe in a heartbeat if it were sensible money.
I'd also grab a TE50 before the FG.

6 years ago I chose a P250 over and above an XR6T and BA GT ute.
I'm still glad I did.

None of that is right or wrong, it's what makes us individuals.
Quote:
Sort of like getting a qualification from some college in timbucktu and comparing against a world recognised university. More emplyees rate the well known education institution.
Perhaps, but by the same token the Timbuktu qualification may actually be the better thing to some.

You gotta understand, enthusiasts don't buy to please their mates.
3 users like this post:
Old 10-05-2015, 01:21 PM   #71
Sioso
irregular member

Proof that rare doesn't equal desirable.
It looks like it has had a cut and shut performed on it and a set wheels off ebay China.
Sioso is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2015, 04:27 PM   #72
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How to
Take a historically significant show car, change the rims to bling, change the spoiler to 'fully s i k'

At least they're not major mods. And yes, the owner can do whatever they want with it as they own it but

Last edited by Sprintey; 10-05-2015 at 04:28 PM. Reason: didn't know s i k would trigger the swear filter
Sprintey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2015, 05:27 PM   #73
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Cool Re: Ford 300+ Coupe for sale WA

Your best mate is your best mate,
but he quickly becomes an idiot when he picks the wrong car or supports the wrong footy team.

I don't know if I would buy the AU.
But looking at the second lot of pictures supplied by falcongt4me (Thank you)
the car 'looks' a lot better with grey mags and the angles/light the used for the pictures.
It might be you would have to see the car 'in the flesh' to make a final decision.
But each to their own, I bought an AU XR8 over a BA so go figure. I'm happy with my pic at the moment.
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2015, 06:40 PM   #74
Winter XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For those that are interested, this car is owned by the owner of Lane Ford in Mandurah and is currently in their showroom for sale.

Current Rides
2014 FGX XR8 - Kinetic, auto.
Mods: Manta Twin 3" S/S Cat Back - Loud Version, DPE High Flow Cats, KPM Streetfighter Stage 2 Intercooler, KPM Twin Air Filter, Herrod High Flow Fuel Pump, JLT/Herrod Oil Catch Can.
Tuned by Monsta Torque to 403rwkw.
2013 Ranger XL - White.

Previous Rides
2005 BA MK 2 XR8 - Winter White, auto, custom twin 2 1/2" s/s exhaust, pacemaker extractors.
Winter XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2015, 07:39 PM   #75
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^Lame Ford.
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2015, 07:57 PM   #76
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Quote:

To me it looked like a really rough EA falcon, dented up here and there, 230,000km, that whirring engine fan. I didnt want to break him but ba xr6t can be had for that price and will trounce that car in every which way

The AIT EA Falcons are as rare as rocking horse crap and are actually fully compliance and ADR approved.
9k is definitely a bit exxy for what appears to be just an EA turbo but try and put one together yourself and get it thru engineering.
Doing it right makes 9k cheap.
But your wouldn't know much about doing stuff right Hulk since your supercharged BA wasn't engineered or legit.
Some people like to have a car that they can drive anywhere and do anything with and not have to worry about potential police and EPA hassles.
Same as some people like AMG's some people like EAs.

Its called being different and individual. Something you of all people should know about , after all you are very different and individual.........................

Would a BA XR6T outperform the EA. Quite possibly. But the EA is different whilst the XR6T is a clitoris.

Maybe the guy who bought the EA likes to talk to his neighbours and friends at BBQs that he has a fully complied and approved EA Falcon which is not something you see everyday?
MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: