Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-01-2006, 10:05 PM   #271
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwigybo
woo000 galaxy made 2000 posts.
i've been trying to gain weight for the last 12 months and it hasn't worked in fact i lost 3 kgs i think i'm under th BMT thingy 5'11 62kg
Heaps of food. Meals every 3 hours. Weight training( 3 times a week is what i do) and creatine if your not worried about taking it. Always weigh yourself under the same circumstances (same clothes, similar food intake etc) is another good thing to get accurate results. Sometimes you lose a kilo or so just from going to the toilet or not eating for a while. As galaxy xr8 said, you have to be strict and schedule your meals and training.

All of that worked for me last year. I was a stick insect and went from 57kg to 70 kg. Im gonna try and put on another 5 kg this year.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 10:09 PM   #272
parawolf
beep beep

Yeah best thing to do for weighing yourself is immediately after you wake up in the morning.
Old 20-01-2006, 07:13 AM   #273
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
It really comes down to setting out a schedule and sticking to it, mainly focusing on your food habbit's, lot's off protein, egg's, fish, skinless chicken, and have a balenced diet off carb's for the energy, and weight tranning and sticking to it, and it really depends on how active you are, you might be burning more calories than you consume, so you may need to up the intake but don't think eating crap food like takeaway which is known to put on weight will help, it won't, you need to eat right and train to turn that into muscle, you really don't know how weak you are untill you start weight tranning, when I 1st started I could only bench press 50kg for 12 rep's x 3 set's, now I'm 100kg for 12 rep's x 3set's, I'm aiming to weigh 90-95 kg before easter, I think I need to up my intake though as I've hit a hurdle.
thanks for the advice I was going to the gym every second day for 6 months but then i got stuck down with work and haven't been for a while went from benching 40kg 3 sets of 8 to 70kg 3 sets of 8, mite have to try some weight gainer as well i think and to get back into training.
Matt
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 12:13 AM   #274
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
thanks for the advice I was going to the gym every second day for 6 months but then i got stuck down with work and haven't been for a while went from benching 40kg 3 sets of 8 to 70kg 3 sets of 8, mite have to try some weight gainer as well i think and to get back into training.
Matt
No worries mate, anytime, I'd like to try some off that weight gainer or creatine to but it's so damn expensive.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 02:48 AM   #275
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

yes yes it is, hey you're in bendigo did u lose power friday night ?
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 12:18 PM   #276
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
Yeah best thing to do for weighing yourself is immediately after you wake up in the morning.
...and after you take a dump but before you eat, and also while your naked. :yeees:

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #277
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
No worries mate, anytime, I'd like to try some off that weight gainer or creatine to but it's so damn expensive.
creatine isnt that expensive. I got a 750gm tub for $55 and its lasted me about 6months already. You dont take that much of it so it lasts.
Old 21-01-2006, 11:47 PM   #278
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
yes yes it is, hey you're in bendigo did u lose power friday night ?
Only for a little while, but it was one hell off a storm wasn't it, and it's happening again now, we lost power again before.
Old 21-01-2006, 11:49 PM   #279
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJLynx
creatine isnt that expensive. I got a 750gm tub for $55 and its lasted me about 6months already. You dont take that much of it so it lasts.
I must be looking in the wrong places the cheapest I've found is $90 for 900g, and you have to have 3tablespoon's every workout or so, but really the more you take the more it work's, the more it cost's you.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:07 PM   #280
max^power
Formerly au^ute

11 weeks in im down 10kg. Still more to go before i'm happy with my weight (another 10 or 15). The important thing is i've been working on my cardio, which has helped my energy levels heaps! my breathing is better too. The weight will drop off when my legs are able to cope with the 60min runs!
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 11:21 AM   #281
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Well from the 3rd January to today I've lost 6kgs Only now have 9kgs to reach my goal weight, which I'm hoping to have done by my birthday in late March. Am already down a dress size which makes me feel really great! People are starting to notice now too, which makes it better, its nice when people say 'wow you've lost weight, you look good'

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #282
falcon91

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Gal
Well from the 3rd January to today I've lost 6kgs Only now have 9kgs to reach my goal weight, which I'm hoping to have done by my birthday in late March. Am already down a dress size which makes me feel really great! People are starting to notice now too, which makes it better, its nice when people say 'wow you've lost weight, you look good'
Congrats,. keep it going. it is great when people notice, it seems to give you more incentive.
falcon91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 11:42 AM   #283
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6Gal
So what methods of weight loss have you been doing? what sort of exercise? diet changes have you made? Certainly an impressive loss!
Old 06-02-2006, 03:16 PM   #284
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Little to no exercise..heheheh...I'm on low carbs & high protein, I take meal suppliments (herbalife). Its been hard but is well worth it. Bakery food & bikkies are what I miss the most. :( I know this way isn't the best way to do it but its working well, once I hit my goal weight i'll get stuck into the exercise so that I can maintain the weight that I get to.

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 03:39 PM   #285
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

I have never really noticed this thread, but I think it might become a regular visit for me. Ever since I joined the army, I have been a solid lad, but after a knee recon a few years back and another 2-3 month rehab injury last year, I am a litle bigger and decided that weight loss is necessary.
I'm 6'2" and 115kg at the moment. I havs agut but I not sure where the rest of the weight is. I have a fair bit of muscle, and am afraid mass weight loss will reduce me to a weakling. Has anyone had diffuculty mixing cardio for weight loss and weights for weight(muscle) increase.
Shopping tonight and will get Low carb, High protien products. Any other tips. I do walk most nights (running out atm as knee isn't the best, another op due) and restrict my booze intake to special events.

https://****boxrally2015.everydayher.../martini-rally

Ford Courier XLT Crew Cab, 160rwkW+ AUII Forte Family Sedan is now the Race Car!!!
Mack 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 03:48 PM   #286
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Well I was 95kg on Australia Day ... I have managed to get myself down to 91kg now.
I am back at work now and back into shiftwork with weird eating habits again.
I have changed to types of food I have been eating and have dropped my portion sizing as well.

Have been out doing manual labour at home in the heat ... so that has helped drop some weight ... and also running around doing courier work in my off time has kept my fitness up a bit ... have also been walking a few kms every night I can.

I want to get back down to mid-low 80s though.

I am a fraction under 5'11" in height.
I am finding though I am turning fat into muscle though ... so I really am not losing weight though ... just moving it to different areas.

I think now getting back into shiftwork isn't going to help ... I might find it harder to drop the weight now ... as long as I don't add anymore ... I'll be happy.

Slowly but surely.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 04:41 PM   #287
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

Before I did my hand. I lost 6 kg in 4 weeks from healthy lunch, lots of water and a physical labour in the heat. In hospital I lost another 4 in 5 days (although 200-300 grams was flesh and bone).
Then 8 weeks of being home and no physical exertion allowed (the swelling and tenderness was crazy) I put all the weight back on.
I'm now an office freak and I have to be very careful,
Mack 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #288
masters24
I gots me a UTE

I have lost 3 kilo's in 3 weeks, steady, 1.5 1st week, .5 second, 1 3rd...
Am i right in saying that the first 5 are rather easy to loose, then after that it gets harder?

masters24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2006, 11:49 PM   #289
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
I must be looking in the wrong places the cheapest I've found is $90 for 900g, and you have to have 3tablespoon's every workout or so, but really the more you take the more it work's, the more it cost's you.
Are you sure thats creatine? 3 tablespoons sounds like a hell of alot. With the one I have you only have 5gms (1 teaspoon) a day. If you take more than your body needs yuo just urinate it out.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:27 AM   #290
efI_Fairmont

Guys' it's probably a bit late but count me in for Weight loss. My wedding is in June so i'm aiming to loose about 15kg before then. Wish me luck!
efI_Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 02:29 PM   #291
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by efI_Fairmont
Guys' it's probably a bit late but count me in for Weight loss. My wedding is in June so i'm aiming to loose about 15kg before then. Wish me luck!
Good Luck and welcome to the forums!

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2006, 09:49 PM   #292
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJLynx
Are you sure thats creatine? 3 tablespoons sounds like a hell of alot. With the one I have you only have 5gms (1 teaspoon) a day. If you take more than your body needs yuo just urinate it out.
No I'm not sure, you could be right.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:33 AM   #293
efI_Fairmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval
Good Luck and welcome to the forums!
Thanks!!
efI_Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 04:40 AM   #294
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

OK, finally got around to it.
I'm 109.5 kilos, and around 6'2" in height. Maybe 6'3". I haven't measured my height recently. (well, once, with my hair up. I was 2 metres tall.)
Looking to get into the 80's. 89 is good. 85 is great. 80 is, well, pushing it a bit too far. 84 would be perfect.
First step: Better eating, and less of it. Already started that, I've lost a little weight, but I'm fluctuating lots. School holidays mean I'm less active.
Excercise: Don't really have the money required for gym membership, so it'll likely be walking, running, and cycling. If only I wasn't moving, cause my mate's going to a boxing training thing that I did for a while back in the day with a different instructor than they have now. Hard work, but at the end it felt great.
Wish me luck!
Old 11-02-2006, 08:29 PM   #295
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Well another 2 week's have passed and with a different approch to my weight trainning I have put another 2kg on, I'm now 87kg, still going for 90-95kg, so since October last yr, I've gone from 72kg to 87kg, now I need to buy new clothes, lucky the FPV day is comming up.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:25 PM   #296
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Well on Doctor's advice (and for my own self esteem) I've started trying to lose weight as well. My goal was -20kg from where I was, and since November I've lost 8kg, so I still have 12kg to go.
I can finally see that my clothes are becoming too big for me, though I haven't yet dropped a full size.
I'm trying the low carb/low gi approach, though I really need to start being more active as well.
It's just so hard when I come home buggered from work, and all I want to do is sleep.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2006, 10:38 PM   #297
parawolf
beep beep

For those that think that coming home buggered from work and just wanting to sleep is a demotivator for exercise, make sure you either go to the gym before or after work - directly.

I can tell you I was like that, but with the exercise I get now (15km ride each way commute to work) my energy levels are not dropping off until 11pm at night. It means I don't just drop, have dinner and be on the couch in front of the telly all night, until bed, i'm doing washing of clothes, and other general house work. Now my weekends are free for other things.

Exercise will improve your energy levels throughout the day, not sap them.
Old 16-02-2006, 09:55 AM   #298
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Well from 95kg on Australia Day ... I have managed to get myself down to 89kg.
More exercise ... smaller portions of food per meal ... more "healthier" snacks throughout the day. Word harder at both jobs and also at home.

Situps have been helping a fair bit as well.

Still got a bit more to go yet ... but I am getting there.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 01:02 PM   #299
parawolf
beep beep

Mechan1k: thats great news... a word on situps unfortunately can increase the size of your gut/belly as you will be building the size of those muscle groups. Situps should be done periodically to maintain shape, but core exercises such as running, skipping and similar exercises (including pilates) are far better to ensure a good looking chest. If you build up your abs with situps, and don't do much else to support it - you can end up with similar look to a beer belly.

We've got two sets of scales in the house at the moment, so to report in based on the scales i've been using for all previous measurements i'm 82.5kg! (the new 'digital scales' show me at 84kg).

Either way i'm very happy. I gotta eat more vege's and more protein though.
Old 16-02-2006, 01:05 PM   #300
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
I've started... 5th of Jan was my weigh in at 94.3kg at 188cm (no shoes) to put me at a BMI of about 27. Ideally my weight range is about 77kg (to low imho) to 88kg. I'm shooting for 84kg in about 6 months.

I've started eating better, and I walk the dog twice a day, taking the stairs at work and play volleyball once a week. I also dusted off the inline skates over the weekend!

Bring it on !

Looking back... here was my original post a little over twelve months ago.... I've made it! Well I guess it took me more than 12 months, but I was 94.3kg! On the same set of scales that I weighed myself on that date i'm now 82.5kg!

Well - i'm still playing volleyball - i'm eating better - but i'm cycling to work daily - that made the biggest impact. 1 hour of dedicated activity every day...

I'm rapt!