Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 30-09-2010, 09:13 AM   #61
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Yep, discovered my XR5 tailgate is also rubbing near the hatch lock. Job for the 3000km service.
>>>>> Should this warrant a bumper respray as now almost rubbed thru? (pre-emptive question for upcoming dealer response).

Along with
- non-functional boot light (since new)
- poor aircon (I get 8deg when measured), and barely copes with a 20deg day, let alone the 36deg we get here.
- wheel alignment - slight drift since new 8 wks ago, wheel now turns 1/8 turn when you stop gently and hands-off. Notice some scrubbing on outside of (expensive) Conti-Sport.
- 'unlock' switch on drivers door does nothing ('tho this may be user ignorance!!)

I'm doing nearly 500km a week, so these things come around quickly.

I'll report back on success.

(Like one of the other respondents above, I'm an ex-owner of 2003 Subaru Outback. One of our two dealers was great (multiple visits), other did not do work requested (never again). Vehicle very good overall, with only 1 minor niggle when new. Just not intersted in current product range)
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2010, 10:53 AM   #62
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt
Yep, discovered my XR5 tailgate is also rubbing near the hatch lock. Job for the 3000km service.
>>>>> Should this warrant a bumper respray as now almost rubbed thru? (pre-emptive question for upcoming dealer response).
yes. you don't buy a car for it to rub its own paint off!! sinclair's gave me no grief about it what-so-ever... had it adjusted and will be picking it up today after being sprayed...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #63
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Just collected car after complementary 3000km service (@ 4061km, before 5000km cut-off).
Results:
- Tailgate - problem acknowledged and recorded. Tailgate adjusted. Paint buffed - unsatisfactory result (noted by Service rep). Will see what happens in 3mths then line up for re-spray if no worse. No issue with service attitude.
- non-functional boot light (since new) - missing globe from factory (Doh!!)
- poor aircon - claimed measurement is 4deg. Will see what happens with the coming hot weather. Again, noted on service report.
- wheel alignment - rear left wheel tracking outwards, thereby pushing front to right. Re-aligned.
- 'unlock' switch on drivers door does nothing - Yep - user ingnorance due to porly written Owners Manual. You global lock the doors with silver triangle above Drivers door handle, and this one unlocks them all again. Anti-hijacking feature I believe. (Too many switches to play with !!)
- ABS suspect (due to smokin the tyres when someone pulled out in front at my green light in 80km/h zone - theirs was red!!). ABS tests OK, will take closer notice if it ever happens again. Apparently the old-style pedal-pulse is much gentler these days...hmmmm

And....
posed question about reducing the ACC 'safety' distance - even on 'tailgate' mode there is a huge gap, and I find I'm slowing down before I notice it. I like to slowly come up behind people, then move out when close to float past them w/o touching the speed settings. Service Rep to ask their Techs about de-sensitising this.

I did find (playing with menu options) that if you switch ESP off...then you have no ACC (i.e. no cruise control entirely)...What the ..?

Overall rating:
Service - Excellent- couple of things to watch for future ....
Cost - Nil (of course)
....quite refreshing really, given other peoples experiences noted here........
Old 05-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #64
Dusty1
Giddy up!

At my 45k service the dealer registered my a/c at 4 degrees. I've never thought it was cold enough either.
I came from a BA Futura which had great a/c. Could just be a European thing that it's not too flash.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2010, 09:02 PM   #65
wusyc

Quote:
- 'unlock' switch on drivers door does nothing - Yep - user ingnorance due to porly written Owners Manual. You global lock the doors with silver triangle above Drivers door handle, and this one unlocks them all again. Anti-hijacking feature I believe. (Too many switches to play with !!)
I found that the "unlock" switch doesn't do anything if I lock the door (using the silver triangle) before I switch on the car. If I lock after I switch on the car (start button), the unlock switch works.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:09 AM   #66
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Had the 3,000 done on the cooks XR5 T today..

Only issues

1) Hoodlining marked from factory, will replace.
2) Boot rubbed on bumper, quoted awaiting Ford approval to paint.
3) Dud aircon, which now feels much colder but that could be just my mind playing tricks on me (was 27 degrees).

Overall we love the Mondeo and are very glad we got one of the last XR5 T's built. Its not perfect but hey what car is and for the money I personally think they are bargains.

Does anyone here have headlight protectors?? Apparently Ford dont make any for them??

If Ford brings the new Diesel we may trade this one on a Titanium diesel in a few years time just because id prefer an Auto, the car only does city travel and the manual is already starting to annoy me, as is the hill start assist (I know it can be turned off but the Mrs needs it).
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2010, 07:20 PM   #67
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Overall we love the Mondeo and are very glad we got one of the last XR5 T's built. Its not perfect but hey what car is and for the money I personally think they are bargains.
Agree with the XR5 being a bargain. Very quiet and comfy, well appointed......just too many things that go bing, ping, ting, beep whenever something happens. Time to switch off some 'alarms'.

Just returned from a weekend away. More than 700km racked up and the 'puter thingy says still more than 200km before refill due.
Pretty impressive given four people plus luggage/food and crawling up the Blue Mtns to Katoomba (^&#%$^&# roadworks everywhere!!), and slow windy bits back via Oberon/Abercrombie. The thing just pulled and pulled and pulled up those hills, even in sixth gear !!

Big test will be the Tassie trip in Jan.

Also..one of the last XR5T, 10weeks old and 5000kms.

p.s. Hill hold will win you over slowly. The now ex-Subaru Outback had it. I was skeptical at first but then got lazy....he he.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #68
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Agree with the XR5 being a bargain. Very quiet and comfy, well appointed......just too many things that go bing, ping, ting, beep whenever something happens. Time to switch off some 'alarms'.

Just returned from a weekend away. More than 700km racked up and the 'puter thingy says still more than 200km before refill due.
Pretty impressive given four people plus luggage/food and crawling up the Blue Mtns to Katoomba (^&#%$^&# roadworks everywhere!!), and slow windy bits back via Oberon/Abercrombie. The thing just pulled and pulled and pulled up those hills, even in sixth gear !!

Big test will be the Tassie trip in Jan.

Also..one of the last XR5T, 10weeks old and 5000kms.

p.s. Hill hold will win you over slowly. The now ex-Subaru Outback had it. I was skeptical at first but then got lazy....he he.
I dont mind the Hill start but sometimes it seems a bit sticky when im trying to take off.

Rest of the car is great.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #69
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

must be just your perception of it because as soon as you start letting the clutch off, the hill assist turns off.

i likey as we have a hill start away from our place and in our old car my missus used to rev the crap out of it to stop rolling back...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #70
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

re Hill Start......and the clutch take-up point is much higher on the Mondeo XR5 than on the 2003 Outback we had.