Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 21-03-2007, 01:20 PM   #31
Talldude

been a few stories that the engine mounts in a MPS break off.

kinda making ur engine fall out

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=65861.0

too much power...........maybe

so go the Xr5 remember there is such a thing as too much power in a front wheel drive car.
Talldude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 01:45 PM   #32
photn
AFF Post NAZI

hmm still. Mazda3 MPS looks awesum..

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 03:12 PM   #33
Marshy79

Looks awesome?

haha I personally think it looks like a hairdressers car..... and from another point of view looks to similar to the other Maz3 models.

Good sleeper car...

But it all comes down to personal perception really.
Marshy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 04:30 PM   #34
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy79
Looks awesome?

haha I personally think it looks like a hairdressers car..... and from another point of view looks to similar to the other Maz3 models.

Good sleeper car...

But it all comes down to personal perception really.
i agree with you. it does look alike to other maz3 models. and yes it looks Very sleeper. but for some reason the interior to me looks alot better than that of the XR5. it seems to be a class above!! i dont know why it just does.

Old 21-03-2007, 05:22 PM   #35
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
When your Cam proflies go from Stun, to Pulverise after 5k, You tend to want to actually...
Realistically, most normal day to day driving won't exceed 3000rpm. And at those kind of revs... well.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 06:39 PM   #36
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Quote:
When your Cam proflies go from Stun, to Pulverise after 5k, You tend to want to actually...
Only the type R torque curve is very flat and won't go to plverise, no road car will
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 06:45 PM   #37
Danny
GT4.

May be true, but what It feels like inside the car is different to what someone can easily pluck from 5 mins of google research... I've been passenger in a Teggy R and an S2000 and felt it for myself.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 08:09 PM   #38
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What colours are these in. Blue, Orange, Black and Grey. Any others. Theres a heap of new ones on Car Sales and a few demostrators. I definatley like the Blue and the Grey. Black and Orange are nice as well, but I like the Blue and Grey. Not a fan of the cloth seats. Leather looks nice.

I've often thought about selling my focus and getting another Falcon, but like you, the XR5 looks really good and well priced.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 08:18 PM   #39
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guliver_TwiSt
Personally I would get the new HONDA CIVIC Type R...

Rave reviews all over the NET...

Undoubtedly a far better car! (way better looking too)

8000RPM before you hit the Red Line.. and better 0-100 times than the XR5 even though slightly less power. etc...etc...

If you do your research you may find that it is belived to be the Current Hot HATCH King :d

Good Luck Mate!!
I don't want to be disrespectful. But IMO that front end looks cr%p !!
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 09:12 PM   #40
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy79
Pretty much sums it up what Teki04 said.

I personally thought the dash on the MPS was worse than the XR5... but that comes down to personal choice.

Out of all the cars.... i thought the XR5 had the best seats too. The GTI / R32 had the next best... harder... but their square bolsters would stop that hot patch i get on my sides with my seats.
Thanks!

I just think the MPS' dash is a little more classy and well laid out, but again - personal preference. Spent the day today driving a Mazda3 Maxx Sport, and must say the dash was pretty nice, but I wasn't a fan of the visibility it provided. The A piller could lose a car in it! Damn. (could have been different in the MPS given the seats... can't remember).

The XR5T's seats are really nice, but I love the leather, yet hate the fact it is strictly a 4 seater. Sure, I could re-trim the cloth, but again - not a fan of getting someone to touch my car. The GTI on the other hand has nice leather seats and to be honest, I sat better in the GTI then I did in the XR5T. Again, person preference. Is it enough to swing me into a GTI though? Never. I refuse to purchase a nanny-driving car. Sorry fellas, but that DSG gearbox means that HEAPS of 60yo women in my area (Inner West, Sydney) drive Golf GTIs. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talldude
been a few stories that the engine mounts in a MPS break off.

kinda making ur engine fall out

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=65861.0

too much power...........maybe

so go the Xr5 remember there is such a thing as too much power in a front wheel drive car.
You could then argue that Mazda are FIXING the problem. Ford on the other hand are having dramas with sorting out the problem with 'missing rear windows', as well as supply issues and delivery dates (out of their control, I know... but it's still an issue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
hmm still. Mazda3 MPS looks awesum..
I beg to differ. The MPS looks like a SP23 form a distance - similar front bumper and all! Plus, there are sooooooooo many Mazda3s on the road, it's disturbing. I think the wheel choice is the issue with me. It just doesn't look great unless you have the Sports Pack, and even then...

But then you said this;

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
i agree with you. it does look alike to other maz3 models. and yes it looks Very sleeper. but for some reason the interior to me looks alot better than that of the XR5. it seems to be a class above!! i dont know why it just does.
So yes, it's a sleeper. I guess if that's what you want... But then, I don't pay $40k for a understated car. I wanna show off what I have :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Realistically, most normal day to day driving won't exceed 3000rpm. And at those kind of revs... well.
I do. Actually, my car saw 5,000rpm today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
What colours are these in. Blue, Orange, Black and Grey. Any others. Theres a heap of new ones on Car Sales and a few demostrators. I definatley like the Blue and the Grey. Black and Orange are nice as well, but I like the Blue and Grey. Not a fan of the cloth seats. Leather looks nice.

I've often thought about selling my focus and getting another Falcon, but like you, the XR5 looks really good and well priced.
Simply,

Blue, Black, Grey, Silver, Red and Orange. I could get technical with the names of the colours, but who cares?

And yes, the Cloth seats don't feel that great, but at least they have colour! Full black leather isn't exactly eye-catching and dulls the interior. Plus, you lose that middle seat :

Cheers all!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 09:15 PM   #41
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Simply,

Blue, Black, Grey, Silver, Red and Orange. I could get technical with the names of the colours, but who cares?

And yes, the Cloth seats don't feel that great, but at least they have colour! Full black leather isn't exactly eye-catching and dulls the interior. Plus, you lose that middle seat :

Cheers all!
Thats a good assortment of colours. I like the leather, but if you lose the middle seat, thats a little weird. Thanks for the Info
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #42
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
youve obviously never driven with me then huh rofl.

Old 21-03-2007, 09:24 PM   #43
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Thats a good assortment of colours. I like the leather, but if you lose the middle seat, thats a little weird. Thanks for the Info
Yep. Depending on the colour of your car, you can get Orange, Red or Silver highlights with cloth trim.

On other hand, get Leather and you just get BLACK. Oh, and you lose that middle seat because of a bigger 'hump' :sm_headba

Who ever buys a car for the rear seat comfort anyway? I just want to be able to fit the mates in after a drink or 10 @ the pub. _2:

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 21-03-2007, 11:24 PM   #44
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Did you mean to say that?

Given my Focus sits just under 3000 rpm in 4th at 80kmh, it is constantly going way over 3000 rpm under acceleration.

If you constantly change gears below 3000rpm in these cars, then they are real slugs.

IMHO anyone who is changing gears like that doesn't know how to drive these cars
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2007, 12:02 AM   #45
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

In normal driving I shift my fiesta @ 2.5K and its no slug, about the same acceleration as the cars around it.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 01:16 AM   #46
Danny
GT4.

Fiesta is geared a lot shorter than a focus Pie, Theyre intellingent gearing for acceleration. Which is why it feels liek its got more poke than 74kW.

As for you Sean, You make me do the sign of the cross when you drive, and I'M a nut behind the wheel!
Old 23-03-2007, 09:48 AM   #47
photn
AFF Post NAZI

:evil3: Teehee... i dont know what your on about danny. i drive perfectly Normal.

What is it i do that makes you draw a Cross with your Fingures.??

Old 23-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #48
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
Did you mean to say that?

Given my Focus sits just under 3000 rpm in 4th at 80kmh, it is constantly going way over 3000 rpm under acceleration.

If you constantly change gears below 3000rpm in these cars, then they are real slugs.

IMHO anyone who is changing gears like that doesn't know how to drive these cars
I shift every gear in the Fiesta at ~3000rpm except 4th to 5th, which I do at 80km/h. And yeah, my car sits at ~3000rpm at 80km/h in 4th too, which is why I put it in fifth!

With a puny 74kW 146Nm, and driving the way I do, 90% of the time I'm infront of most of traffic... people don't drive that aggressively... having your power all coming on at over 5000-6000rpm is useless.

These are after all, cars intended for every day use, not winning F1 GP's.

Oh and to FourBarrel... XR5? Yes you should. The only thing I don't like about them personally is the interior feel. Though some of the ones I've sat in after the first time at the Motorshow felt alot better.

:
Old 23-03-2007, 10:59 AM   #49
photn
AFF Post NAZI

sure all the power comes in at 5-6 pu tht torque pull starts at 3 and i mean PULL. i just love that back in your seat Thrust you get from an accelerating car.

Old 23-03-2007, 06:56 PM   #50
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
having your power all coming on at over 5000-6000rpm is useless.
I take it you'll never be a proud owner of a 5.4L Boss engined car : :
Old 23-03-2007, 09:01 PM   #51
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

i would dislike having all my power high in the rpm range.

I love having 220 nm @ a low 1,950 rpm.

Keep the engine hovering around 1,500 through gears and its a rocket still.

Give it 2,500 and its enough to see you pull away from alot of things at the lights
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 09:08 PM   #52
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
i would dislike having all my power high in the rpm range.
Who mentioned anything about 'ALL' the power there? My car has maximum power high up (gives you a kick in the seat when you hit it - makes it more fun!), but still has ample low down torque for the weight.

Remembering it develops 160Nm @ 2,000rpm - which is more torque then the Fiesta produces @ 4,000rpm - YET they weigh the same!

:

Mr Fordbarrel - have you test driven the XR5T yet?! Can't wait to read your thoughts.

Old 23-03-2007, 09:20 PM   #53
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

cant wait to be making 330 nm @2,500 rpm which will be soon.

After they plug a computer into my car and press a couple buttons
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 11:25 PM   #54
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
I take it you'll never be a proud owner of a 5.4L Boss engined car : :
You're not wrong. If I can ever buy a new FPV... I'll be going there, asking for a Silhouette F6 Typhoon, leather, six-speed auto, and slapping the cash on the table. Wouldn't even look at the hopeless 8. But I made up my mind when the Typhoon was first released about that, then I drove one which cemented it further. If only I had $65k.... :(

:
Old 29-03-2007, 06:26 PM   #55
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Mr Fordbarrel - have you test driven the XR5T yet?! Can't wait to read your thoughts.
I guess you mean me. ;) Nope, haven't driven the XR5. My situation has changed in the past few days and I'll most likely be trading my XR8 on a 911. :

I've wanted one since I was a kid. It'll just be a toy for use when I come to Melbourne. 0-100 in 5.0 flat. Insurance is going to suck as I'm under 30, but that's life I guess. Last time I tried to insure a Corvette I nearly choked and cancelled the purchase on principle. No way I was forking out $5K for insurance.

I'm still undecided on my daily transport. I'm going to have some fun with my Turbo EF then give that to my sister and look for something else. An XR5 still might be on the cards, not sure yet. If it were RWD or AWD I'd be pretty much sold.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post