Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-02-2018, 07:02 PM   #31
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Young girl who was the face of Akubra takes her life at age 14 after being ‘overwhelmed’ by online bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Arguably, the biggest problem is that schools take no action. They might separate problem kids, suspend them for a few days, but it never goes beyond that. Even assaulting a teacher is no guarantee of expulsion.
I'm glad you started that sentence with the word arguably, coz I really struggle to see how much of this is a school issue. Now, I'm not suggesting that you are implying this b0son, but I hate people who try and make any social issue the responsibility of teachers and schools. Parents have the prime responsibility for the way in which a child is reared. It is not the government's responsibility! It is not a school's or teacher's responsibility! It is not a club's responsibility!

Sure, all of those organisation's that a child interacts with has influence, but it is not their responsibility. If the organisation is not a positive influence on the child, then the parent has the ability to either counteract that or influence the organisation so that it changes. Or remove the child from that influence.

Our kids are influenced by so many factors, that not all of them can be responsible. The parent should be and is the only constant. The buck stops with the parent.

I do agree that schools, and teachers, have a role to play, but it does absolve the parent(s). Even if the school only separates the kids or suspends them for a few days, what action are the parents taking? That is far more likely to be influential than anything the school tries to do.

IMHO of course.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-02-2018, 07:35 PM   #32
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Young girl who was the face of Akubra takes her life at age 14 after being ‘overwhelmed’ by online bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
No, they're learning it from each other. Trolling and flaming are simply part of online culture. Most parents didnt grow up doing this stuff, and blaming the parents passes the buck up the chain. Its the kids that need to be accountable first and foremost. Arguably, the biggest problem is that schools take no action. They might separate problem kids, suspend them for a few days, but it never goes beyond that. Even assaulting a teacher is no guarantee of expulsion.
Our basic views and ideals are instilled by our parents, not other children. You know whats right and wrong by the time you start school. Dysfunctional kids come from dysfunctional homes. It is the schools job to teach education, it is the parents job to lead by example and teach life.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2018, 09:08 PM   #33
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
I'm glad you started that sentence with the word arguably, coz I really struggle to see how much of this is a school issue.
If assault occurs on school grounds, it is very much a school issue, and in most cases, the bullying starts at school.
b0son is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2018, 10:13 PM   #34
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It really is a different age. Back then not so long ago I only had a phone because I worked and paid for it.

The worse you got sometimes was a nasty text but you said oh well **** that and moved on. Obviously not growing up in this age where it's free to be an *******.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2018, 09:45 AM   #35
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Compassion here for this poor little girl and but yet there are two current threads mostly viciously laughing, deriding and bagging out those LGBTI “freaks” and degenerate weirdos...
How does one link the tragedy of a little girl to that of degenerate perverts?
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2018, 12:49 AM   #36
au350hp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
How does one link the tragedy of a little girl to that of degenerate perverts?
Your description of these people ''degenerate perverts'' is unfortunately, a perfect example of the link between the two. It is called having a 'sense of entitlement'.
au350hp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post