Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Pit Lane Performance

Pit Lane Performance Pit Lane Performance, tuning for power and satisfaction. Website Link

Old 21-10-2015, 08:58 PM   #31
99AUXR
Brad
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Installing starter motor advice on ba / bf 6cyc Falcon. 
Default Re: FG Fuel pump testing

Sorry unsure on that one.
Old 21-05-2016, 01:01 PM   #32
gp351
Papa Smurf

hi, this is no doubt quite a lame question, for you guys ,but I bet you can help me!!..Worked on a FG XR6 Non Turbo only 110,000ks its a really well looked after car, almost stalling when stopping when cold. Everything fine when hot, and even when cold motor hammers, heaps of power. Checked and cleaned throttle body, was quite clean anyway. Check air filter OK. Checked fuel filter, stuffed full of crap and only been on for maybe 15,ooo ks "holly cow a real bad batch of fuel from somewhere"!!!!. Changed it and motor I am guessing seemed the same (gets hard to check something like this when it needs to be dead cold!!). But anyway I am hoping it may improve itself...maybe computer has to re tune itself?... maybe a bit of crap got into injectors?. Couple of questions, if crap has got into injectors is it worth replacing injector filter baskets...I have never done this before. Also somebody said change fuel pressure regulator...would have thought fuel pressure problem would be more constant fault, and from my experience usually worse hot..... any ideas.
gp351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2017, 09:19 PM   #33
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. 

Just bumping to the top as we are getting asked about fuel pumps a lot recently

Authorised KPM, Herrod Motorsport & SCT Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-08-2017, 05:02 AM   #34
xyfalcon383

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post
Just bumping to the top as we are getting asked about fuel pumps a lot recently
Hi have you done any testing on BF f6 fuel pumps seems some people are running alot of power through the stock pump ?
xyfalcon383 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2017, 08:28 AM   #35
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. 

Is there a difference on those pumps?
Many people have fuel systems working beyond their actual capabilities to work 100% correctly, their results are based entirely on the afr number, this is not a true indication things are working as intended

Old 03-08-2017, 08:19 PM   #36
xyfalcon383

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post
Is there a difference on those pumps?
Many people have fuel systems working beyond their actual capabilities to work 100% correctly, their results are based entirely on the afr number, this is not a true indication things are working as intended
Will a Walbro 255 gss342 fit straight into a bf f6 typhoon fuel pump carrier or does it need to be modified ?
xyfalcon383 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2017, 10:17 PM   #37
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They go in but it's not just as simple as pulling one out and the other just takes it place

This user likes this post:
Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM   #38
M5R

Hi Guys
Which part # do i need to order for my FG XR8 Ute?
I'm chasing 400kw.

Cheers Matt