Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-09-2019, 08:16 PM   #121
augo
Starter Motor

Default Re: Beware importing a car from the US

Sent you a msg paynie
augo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2019, 06:45 AM   #122
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The company that unpacks as you say, are far better off dealing with the owners of the cars directly. I feel sorry for all that have already paid for clearance and landing fees thru usatoaus, but it may be you may have to again pay directly to the clearance agent to recover the cars ... Is there any Clearance agents on this forum willing to take this on??
Hemihunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2019, 12:56 PM   #123
Malroy
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy1 View Post
I have no experience with this mob, but reading through the thread makes one feel sorry for the victims, and that this is allowed to continue with advertising and ongoing business or new victims.

Unfortunately there have been cases when scammers or crooks threaten or take legal action against people that give true (negative) reviews of a poor service. It doesn't look like that is happening in this case, simply total lack of communication.

It looks like the company has a facebook page, but it hasn't had any new updates for a long time. The updates from 2018 was just excuses for why there was no communication from them, such as storms, blaming the phone provider, etc. Interestingly, Just Cars magazine (JC) has placed a 'like' on this company's facebook page which gives some credibility they don't deserve.

Have you tried to report the Facebook page for the business, perhaps you can succeed in having that page taken down?

We could also try to start a 'call Just Cars Magazine' campaign by the members here, and try to influence them to decline ads from this business.

Cheers,
just cars have suspended ads for them after the current issue im told.
Malroy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2019, 03:21 PM   #124
ossietim
Starter Motor

For those in Melbourne ,I'm told the freight and vehicles are sitting waiting for payment of account ,including over one months storage fees. The container company will not release individual lots , it must be a total invoice payment .
The owner is trying to find PHIL to get paid ,failing that he will issue a notice in the paper and then will approach all people with freight/cars on this container to see if collectively they will settle the bill.
Sad but I truly thought they where honourable people .
ossietim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2019, 06:01 PM   #125
berntd
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossietim View Post
For those in Melbourne ,I'm told the freight and vehicles are sitting waiting for payment of account ,including over one months storage fees. The container company will not release individual lots , it must be a total invoice payment .
The owner is trying to find PHIL to get paid ,failing that he will issue a notice in the paper and then will approach all people with freight/cars on this container to see if collectively they will settle the bill.
Sad but I truly thought they where honourable people .

Well, the end of September is today. Phil's message said he will be back end of September. We shall see...
berntd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2019, 12:56 PM   #126
Paynie
Starter Motor

Alright everyone who has stuff with USAtoAUS you have 45 days left to get a lawyer or such. I am getting onto QCAT to get things started, USAtoAUS have already had to answer to QCAT before and lost. In 45 days time your container will be shipped to Brisbane and your stuff will be valued before going to auction. If your too lazy and think Phill And Indy will pay the 60k they owe you will loose your stuff and your money. These guys have had a great holiday in the states on your money with no intention of you getting your car. How will you feel when some guy gets a great deal on a car that’s already here and you got nothing. Get on to Qcat or loose it.
Paynie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-10-2019, 01:20 PM   #127
ossietim
Starter Motor

MELBOURNE
I have contacted the agent that usatoaus use .The lady Nadia won’t be back till Monday.
My freight # isn’t even on the container according to the freight yard (CFS)
All freight from #11304 -> is on this container. CFS is waiting for payment but won’t move until it is advertised in the paper or contact is made to the owners of cars /freight .(Told too me from the directors mouth)

Last edited by GasoLane; 01-10-2019 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:44 PM   #128
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ossietim... so your car is not in australia at all? it must be sitting in the USA still if thats the case.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:02 PM   #129
berntd
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paynie View Post
Alright everyone who has stuff with USAtoAUS you have 45 days left to get a lawyer or such. I am getting onto QCAT to get things started, USAtoAUS have already had to answer to QCAT before and lost. In 45 days time your container will be shipped to Brisbane and your stuff will be valued before going to auction. If your too lazy and think Phill And Indy will pay the 60k they owe you will loose your stuff and your money. These guys have had a great holiday in the states on your money with no intention of you getting your car. How will you feel when some guy gets a great deal on a car that’s already here and you got nothing. Get on to Qcat or loose it.
Are you saying that the container has cleared customs?
If not, then there is no way that any yard can do anything with it as it will be in a bond store.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #130
augo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paynie View Post
Sorry mate what is qcat?
Old 01-10-2019, 02:20 PM   #131
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For those involved in this, i made a call today to Dominic from Personal Imports.

If you would like to contact him with details of your shipping info he may be able to help.
I hope this helps in someway to you guys involved.

Dominic Bonasia
Managing Director
Phone: 0412880925
Intl: +61412880925
P.O.Box 472 Carina Qld 4152
Email: info@personalimport.com.au
www.personalimport.com.au
Old 01-10-2019, 02:24 PM   #132
ossietim
Starter Motor

I only have freight I have not received & is not on this container....it’s gone missing ?
The container in Melb is @ CFS (container fumergation services ) in Spotswood Melbourne .
I spoke to a Director who is waiting to be paid for the unpack & over 1 months storage.
He told me if he doesn’t get paid he will advertise the fact in the paper ,then contact people with cars /freight to see if they will pay the amount owed.

It looks as though there is a container in Qld & one in Melb

Ps.i also have the name & phone number of the crompton depot in Cali ,so I will call tomorrow & get the Melb container number

Last edited by ossietim; 01-10-2019 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:40 PM   #133
Malroy
Starter Motor

Hi . I also have freight in Melbourne as advised by Ned at the freight logistics company .They would only advise it was there or not and no further info .

I called them again yesterday.They said yesterday phil had contacted them and was going to call them today to sort stuff out??.

The Compton depot would not release any info to me a couple of weeks ago and its not USATOAUS either,just a mob they use to do all their work.

Where did you get the container number (which isn't complete) from as i've never been supplied that even after requesting over the last 5 months .
So which person at CFS advised you please? (PM is ok)
Thanks
Old 01-10-2019, 03:50 PM   #134
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Technically, they can't.
This is what I would have thought. The assets aren't owned by usatoaus, theyre owned by the customers. It would be akin to auspost workers taking possession of parcels/mail.... ?
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-10-2019, 04:25 PM   #135
ossietim
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemihunter View Post
ossietim... so your car is not in australia at all? it must be sitting in the USA still if thats the case.
Turns out my freight from May is at ANOTHER depot in Melbourne that is waiting payment .
Old 02-10-2019, 08:39 AM   #136
Malroy
Starter Motor

so…. email arrived from a new address from phil.
I know others received the same.
hopefully in a week we will start seeing goods available???

Not holding my breath.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:44 AM   #137
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good news then !! hope it sorts itself real soon, but you have to ask why put your customers thru all this BS
Old 02-10-2019, 08:47 AM   #138
Malroy
Starter Motor

hopefully good news.
unfortunately I don't have confidence in it.
buying time again??
we will see I guess.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:54 AM   #139
papito
Starter Motor

To all waiting on Items
for

SYDNEY - MELBOURNE - BRISBANE – FREMANTLE
We all now know that USATOAUS owe money to the logistics companies that they used to get our items here going as far back as MAY 2019. This is not a secret now or the names of the logistics companies along with the $$$ owed we are hearing from USATOAUS to logistics companies.
CFS – Cassie freight logistics
&
Dazmac
Note : Dazmac have served “AUSSIE CAR IMPORTS” with a 90 day demand notice to pay up in full across all states which is now to my knowledge 30-40 days in. Dazmac, has followed what they had to in order to protect them self’s and the contract agreement with USATOAUS due to no payments since May for Service’s provided by Dazmac to AUSSIE CAR IMPORTS.
We also have to do the same thru our legal service’s as our agreement is with USATOAUS “AUSSIE CAR IMPORTS”
We have all lost trust in USATOAUS hence many of us have not payed the remainder of the bill they sent to us and we should not pay it to them as it’s a clear risk and will not get you your item anyway. Problem right, you can thank yourself for this USATOAUS.
USATOAUS, they have enjoyed a luxury holiday in the US at our expense and now send a ****ty e-mail we are working thru the issue, BS you POS. USATOAUS AUSSIE CAR IMPORTS you are just once again buying more time.
Actions that I have taken and advise all to do the same to commence the process.
If you want to make a difference it’s in your hands guys.
Lodge your complaint to QLD fair trading and follow up to ensure they action it. My one is currently with an Agent and assigned and in progress.
One complaint per person to QLD OFT is required.
Link below
You need to lodge your complaint ASAP via QLD first and mostly. We are stronger in number’s with valid proof we have. State the facts, how much money they owe you, goods and services not received when it all started. Take emotions away so they can see the pattern. Encourage others in this mess to do the same or this is all gas bagging on the forum "PUB TALK" and it will continue to get others and @#USAtoAUS# @#AUStoUSA# @#Aussie Car Imports# will continue to Bait others in when knowing all too well they are incapable to deliver goods and service as they state.

@Aussie Car imports, USATOAUS, AUSTOUSA,

@#USATOAUS, @#AUSTOUSA, @#AUSSIE CAR IMPORTS. - This is very poor and you need to come forth to resolve your customer's needs given you have our money in full and have gone all MIA with radio silence and a crappy voice msg we will be back end of SEPT.

You and you alone are to thank for all this negative reviews and feedback you are receiving due to you lack of professionalism and cooperation to resolve and clarify your customer questions and concerns around money owed and Paid for or Items missing.

Remember you claim to be the expert and so we have trusted you with our business so it would be a much more positive result if you and yours showed transparency with proof of documentation to your customer and communication as we are living in a world of IOT and
Ubiquitous.

@#Aussie Car imports, @#USATOAUS, @#AUSTOUSA,

Your cooperation in resolving your customer needs ASAP will be proof to be demonstrated and how much you actually value our AUSSIE business.
papito is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2019, 06:08 PM   #140
deanp100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemihunter View Post
For those involved in this, i made a call today to Dominic from Personal Imports.

If you would like to contact him with details of your shipping info he may be able to help.
I hope this helps in someway to you guys involved.

Dominic Bonasia
Managing Director
Phone: 0412880925
Intl: +61412880925
P.O.Box 472 Carina Qld 4152
Email: info@personalimport.com.au
www.personalimport.com.au
I dealt with Dominic as an Aqis officer for 20 years in Brisbane and you will not find a better man to deal with. I can thoroughly recommend him if it helps.
Cheers
Dean
deanp100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2019, 08:33 AM   #141
Malroy
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Technically, they can't. Start by seeing a chamber magistrate or similar for advice on how to declare your interest.
they can as freight companies generally have a clause in their contracts that allows them to have a lien over any goods until debt is cleared regardless of ownership. They have the right to sell goods to recover their costs .
Old 04-10-2019, 09:53 AM   #142
berntd
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malroy View Post
they can as freight companies generally have a clause in their contracts that allows them to have a lien over any goods until debt is cleared regardless of ownership. They have the right to sell goods to recover their costs .
Yes but this depot is not the freight company. Are they not just the unpacking depot?

Either way, it is a huge effort to sell stuff to try and recoup dept.
If smart, they will avoid this since it is likely to result in heartache for them.

My parts for example would not bring even $20 as only I know what they are for.

Nevertheless, that probably won't stop them.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:42 AM   #143
papito
Starter Motor

Default Re: Beware importing a car from the US from USATOAUS

:t down

@AUSSIE CAR IMPORTS - USATOAUS - AUSTOUSA

Hey guys, Takes less then 5 min - leave them the review they deserve so as to minimise and better imform others and they dont get dragged into this mess.

5 Min is all it takes. Leave your review and make it count.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/lindsay/pr...stomer-reviews

@AUSSIE CAR IMPORTS - USATOAUS - AUSTOUSA

Old 09-10-2019, 12:15 PM   #144
berntd
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by papito View Post

Hey guys, Takes less then 5 min - leave them the review they deserve so as to minimise and better imform others and they dont get dragged into this mess.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/lindsay/pr...stomer-reviews
I think you need to be careful here. Writing bad reviews like that in Australia can easily result in a defamation case.
3 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2019, 12:56 PM   #145
papito
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by berntd View Post
I think you need to be careful here. Writing bad reviews like that in Australia can easily result in a defamation case.

We are the Victims here not them, Insolvent trading and ignoring all peoples e-mails for months on in but yet still responding to new business to get coin and not deliver. They knew all too well that they could not deliver but yet insisted on requesting payment for goods.

I am one of those victims here pay up pay up pay up that was burnt with the practice they operate under "Insolvent".

If court it is ,so be it - at least this way we will make them attend and we will all know that they do have our hard earned coin hidden away vs paying the bills as we intrusted them for the service for which we never received at all or on time but yet have paid in full as per our contract with them.

No - im not comfortable with this nor should I sit on the bench.

We are not talking candy $$$ here they owe and not to mention the value of the items it owes some of us currently awaiting on them to pay up to get our goods. Keep in Mind they have our money in full we have paid them many months ago. "GRUBS" "Insolvent trading"

Not fighting with you here berntd or having a go at you but rather telling it how it is, but will do what I can from my end to raise the alarm and awareness to others so as no one else is burnt in the future by this immature business "AUSSIE CAR IMPORTS" and could cost them a lot more then what some of us are going thru here.

Nothing wrong with what I've done and posted to date as it's true facts not BS or assumptions.

The choice is yours to make a difference along the way to this terrible situation they have caused and dragged us all into.

Feedback is well deserved and if they are in any such way business minded and aware they will take it on board and look at measure’s and changes to take place to better the business as they have been running for 20 odd years.

5 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2019, 01:14 PM   #146
berntd
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by papito View Post
We are the Victims here not them, Insolvent trading and ignoring all peoples e-mails for months on in but yet still responding to new business to get coin and not deliver. They knew all too well that they could not deliver but yet insisted on requesting payment for goods.

I am one of those victims here pay up pay up pay up that was burnt with the practice they operate under "Insolvent".

If court it is ,so be it - at least this way we will make them attend and we will all know that they do have our hard earned coin hidden away vs paying the bills as we intrusted them for the service for which we never received at all or on time but yet have paid in full as per our contract with them.

No - im not comfortable with this nor should I sit on the bench.

We are not talking candy $$$ here they owe and not to mention the value of the items it owes some of us currently awaiting on them to pay up to get our goods. Keep in Mind they have our money in full we have paid them many months ago. "GRUBS" "Insolvent trading"

Not fighting with you here berntd or having a go at you but rather telling it how it is, but will do what I can from my end to raise the alarm and awareness to others so as no one else is burnt in the future by this immature business "AUSSIE CAR IMPORTS" and could cost them a lot more then what some of us are going thru here.

Nothing wrong with what I've done and posted to date as it's true facts not BS or assumptions.

The choice is yours to make a difference along the way to this terrible situation they have caused and dragged us all into.

Feedback is well deserved and if they are in any such way business minded and aware they will take it on board and look at measure’s and changes to take place to better the business as they have been running for 20 odd years.

Yes but in writing this stuff, you are getting the website operators in trouble, not yourself. And in the process, we can loose this thread and all the valuable information.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2019, 07:11 PM   #147
Maxter
Starter Motor

Im genuinely surprised at the extent of people being burnt by usatoaus.
Im glad I finally got my van etc and hope this all resolves itself.
The best progress I made was after contacting Lawrence Ryan in the USA.
Good to see a few reputable companies being mentioned on here as well and there is nothing like a good track record and referrals to rely on.
Ive learnt my lesson for sure and wont make this mistake again.
Maxter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2019, 02:30 AM   #148
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One of the hits you get for USATOAUS on Bing is this forum thread:

https://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=6637.0

There is a reply by USATOAUS in May, where they defend themselves, why so little communication etc. Sad to see.

If any of you are members on that forum, you should leave an update to that thread.
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2019, 01:46 PM   #149
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did anyone receive their cars or parts as yet ?
Old 16-10-2019, 02:36 PM   #150
augo
Starter Motor

No everything is tied up.