Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 27-10-2005, 10:28 PM   #1
DeepPockets GTP
Starter Motor

Default Lakeside International Raceway - Pine Rivers Brisbane

Notice in The Courier Mail - Car Guides caught my attention and thought I would pass it on :
Friends of Lake side international raceway have been battleing Pine Rivers Shire Council to re-open this historic track for club and historic race meetings.
To support their effort please view www.petitiononline.com/dnq and sign on for support.
For the future of all motor sport enthusiasts lets get behind :

Last edited by DeepPockets GTP; 27-10-2005 at 10:55 PM.
DeepPockets GTP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 07:24 AM   #2
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Default Awsome

Done and Done, I hope they re open it. I remember Dick Johnson saying it was one of his favourite tracks! especially the kink in the front strait.
Old 28-10-2005, 07:37 AM   #3
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have signed. I have raced on this track once with the Super Kart Club of Brisbane. What can you say, 180 Kay's through the kink and the into the carousel. Hungry corner is the best off cambered corner ever, and the Eastern loop is just awesome how it whips you down onto the straight. Lakeside has so much more character the the Queensland paper clip.

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 09:21 AM   #4
The Colonel

Done and done. Was one of the best tracks to ride on

Cheers Rob
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 09:32 AM   #5
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Signed it last night - Can never have too many tracks and from the sounds of it this ones a ripper.
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 09:42 AM   #6
SP Ken

G'day All,

The circumstances surrounding the track and ownership by Pine Rivers Shire Council (PRSC) is very untidy. I live in the shire and my rates helped pay for it but at the moment it is closed. Lakeside Motor Racing Enthusiasts (LMRE) have been fighting the PRSC to have it reopened for club level motor racing but to no avail. It was heritage listed which meant that it had to be used for the purpose it was listed for (racing) but the PRSC took legal action and was going to take the Heritage Council to court. They backed out and dropped the listing. Now the PRSC can basicly do what they want with it. LMRE will continue the fight but the future of the track does not look bright. The PRSC has a history of doing their own thing no matter what the residents think so I think it will be an uphill battle to win this one.

Cheers,

Ken
Old 28-10-2005, 09:49 AM   #7
747FLI

Default Lakeside

I love Lakeside, had my XF Fairmont around there in the late 80's and like many others...the kink in the straight is brilliant...I hit it at just under 170kmh...what cost me about $30 to get on the track for the arv ended up costing me around $600 - $700 in new front tyres, brake pads etc, but it was bloody worth it...signed in support...wouldn't it be great to have all of us out there for a day! This is for the Pine Shire out:
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 10:31 AM   #8
LighteningXR6T
Starter Motor

I had a lot of fun at Lakeside in the late 80's as well. I don't think anything stopped me from doing stupid things on the road more as dumb 18yr old than having the odd run at Lakeside, seeing what happens when you get it wrong, learning from it and developing your driving skills at the same time. In my opinion using tracks such as this for driver training/having a blast in the car can go a long way towards improving driving skills and reducing the stupid behaviour exhibited by some on our roads. Where else on the best side of town (Northside) is there to go and have a play in your car? I'm sure Pine Rivers Council's motives are purely well intentioned and they really don't want to use Lakeside to sell to a housing developer for a large amount of money.
LighteningXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 03:20 PM   #9
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Talking Sounds great

The foxs just signed. havent been to the track but it sounds like it would rip your head off if you didnt no what you are doing. :sm_headba .

The fox cub and clan.

Rolling back in my au forte
*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Still got a V8 but wanting to offload the shell if anyone is interested PM me.

(1993 EB body, some minor marks, full interior (electrics need attention) NO MOTOR, gearbox needs 5th. Make offer.

Also in the shed is a 3.9ltr straight six (1990 EA). headers, crow cam, 5spd manual included. may need minor rebuild. Again make offer

WHIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 03:30 PM   #10
Mk II

Signed as well. My first dose of motorsport was at lakeside and i remember sitting near the eastern loop, best corner i have ever seen on a race track besides the dipper.
I would hate to see this track destoyed.

Mk II
Mk II is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 05:21 PM   #11
Black Panther

MK11 what are you talking about, we are talking about Lakeside in Queensland which I would doubt you have been there at all, MATE!!! :
Black Panther is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 06:11 PM   #12
EFIwindsor
Haltech 302w XW

Signature added....I used to work at the Liberty service station on Doles Rock Rd.... Drive past it on the way to Lakeside and when the track was open were were sooo busy...would bring some business back to the local area if it was reopened.... and as an added bonus i only live 20min away
Fuel/intake -XR6T injectors, 255 LPH intank pump, 4" intake, HaltechE11v2 Exhaust-custom Tri-Y headers, Twin 2.5" HiFlo Cats, duel 2.5" exh Driveline-close ratio 4spd, 9" LSD, 300mm AU XR8 fr, XC rear, ZH Fairlane Mas/Cyl & Booster

Project car: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=21641
EFIwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 08:15 PM   #13
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was actually ejected from a LRME meeting with the PRSC by the council heavy weights (ie the wimps called the police) about 18 mths ago.
I let slip a few nasties to the local Mayoress and her enviromental offsider on my opinion what they have done with the track and their money grubbing ways
If you don't get passionate about this what is there to live for

I have signed the petition again and I should got to another LRME V's council meeting just to see if I get thru the door :king:
Like Typhoon Ken I live in the area and pay my rates and I want the track open

Also I forgot to add I do not want this track closed like they have done with a few top drivers tracks in the past.
Amaroo , Surfers , and soon to be Oran Park - just council being money hungry pricks to get more money from turning it into housing development
LONG LIVE LAKESIDE
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White

Last edited by Lightning Strike GT; 28-10-2005 at 08:22 PM.
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2005, 09:36 PM   #14
Mk II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Panther
MK11 what are you talking about, we are talking about Lakeside in Queensland which I would doubt you have been there at all, MATE!!! :
Blackpanther your the one who introduced me too motorsprt at lake seide. I do believe that you were the one who took me to watch the konika V8's there a few years back with your good friend danny. I believe we even had a chat with Craig Lowdnes in the pits.. Maybe you are getting too old and are suffering from alsimers (if thats how you spell it). I know exactly and precicley where lakeside international raceway is.

Mk II
Old 29-10-2005, 12:40 AM   #15
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk II
Blackpanther your the one who introduced me too motorsprt at lake seide. I do believe that you were the one who took me to watch the konika V8's there a few years back with your good friend danny. I believe we even had a chat with Craig Lowdnes in the pits.. Maybe you are getting too old and are suffering from alsimers (if thats how you spell it). I know exactly and precicley where lakeside international raceway is.

Mk II
Mk11 I am sorry you do have a good memory, :jab: you are right I must be getting old as it was such a long time ago. "Bring Back Lakeside"
Old 29-10-2005, 02:30 AM   #16
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Talking Told

Yes black panther. Told, go MKII. :hihi: The man obviously knows his motorsport race tracks. Well he nows more about them than me, havent been there but sounds awesome and i have signed the petition so maybe one day i can grace its grounds

Rolling back in my au forte
*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Still got a V8 but wanting to offload the shell if anyone is interested PM me.

(1993 EB body, some minor marks, full interior (electrics need attention) NO MOTOR, gearbox needs 5th. Make offer.

Also in the shed is a 3.9ltr straight six (1990 EA). headers, crow cam, 5spd manual included. may need minor rebuild. Again make offer

WHIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2005, 09:37 AM   #17
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHIPLASH
Yes black panther. Told, go MKII. :hihi: The man obviously knows his motorsport race tracks. Well he nows more about them than me, havent been there but sounds awesome and i have signed the petition so maybe one day i can grace its grounds
Hey Josh he wishes he was a man :thebirds: :thebirds: :
Old 30-10-2005, 06:15 PM   #18
Mk II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Panther
Hey Josh he wishes he was a man :thebirds: :thebirds: :
Hey deano, im sorry to say but im more of a man then you will ever be :

Mk II
Old 31-10-2005, 06:11 PM   #19
747FLI

Question Planning & Environment Court Decision

I have done some research and come up with the followingextract on the PRSC website. It was undated but I take it that it is quite recent. And although we know that local govt councillors are terrifc spin doctors, this is the media release relating to the Lakeside Raceway issue...hopefully it is as promising as it is portrayed??? :

Pine Rivers Shire Council has welcomed Friday's decision by the Planning and Environment Court to remove Lakeside International Raceway from the Heritage Council's register.

Pine Rivers Mayor, Yvonne Chapman, said the court ratified an agreement between the two parties and Council was now able to explore possible usage and management options for the 40-year old icon.

"Council is very keen to look at a variety of recreational opportunities for the facility and will soon be calling for expressions of interest for management proposals for the property," she said.

"We have some preferred uses for the site, but we are open to suggestions."

Some of Council's preferred uses include a historical motor racing hub encompassing a motor museum or

a multi-purpose sporting facility catering for cyclists, karting, roller blading, car club events, motor dealer new car launches, or driver and rider training for youth and police and emergency services.

Cr Chapman said Council was mindful of Lakeside's historical significance and the motor sport fraternity's passion for the venue, but was keen to examine ways it could continue to remain both an icon for the enjoyment of this group and the community as a whole.

"We are looking for the best outcomes for all stakeholders for this facility," she said.

Cr Chapman said as part of the arrangement Council would leave the signficant buildings in their current state for at least the next five years.

"Council is keen to preserve elements of Lakeside's history and look at other opportunities to renew interest and revive activity at the site," she said.

For more information contact Council on 3480 6666.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 06:24 PM   #20
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

done...
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2005, 06:36 PM   #21
SP Ken

:

Sorry to doubt what the Mayor of Caloundra (Dave) has found but I strongly believe that you will never see motorsport there again. Driver training (not performance) will be as close as it gets. Sprint days??? again I doubt it. It is a shame but the residents of the 10 or so houses (built after the track) that might, I say again, might be affected by a small amount of noise will win out in the end.
:

Ken