Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 28-09-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
Thru 'N' Thru
Starter Motor

Question Service recommendations ???????

G'Day all, This is my first post so please forgive me if I stuff things up. My BA XR6 NA is due for its 15000km service. Can anyone recommend where to get it serviced or not to get it serviced in the brisbane area and who to talk to. I bought it from surfside miami and I live in ipswich. I read some threads on xrclub.com a few months ago but I cant remember who was the best.

Thru 'N' Thru is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2005, 11:05 PM   #2
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking

I really like my mechanic (but I think he is getting sick of me or maybe just my car LOL).
Trade Mech at Logan Village (which is probably a bit far if you are in Ipswich though).

Good luck in finding someone, but if you do want contact details for the above guys, pm me

Cheers
Kerri
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 02:03 PM   #3
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Default Mech?

Who needs a mechanic? All you need is a good looking car!! (free plug for kerri) Fiery Detailers!!! :evil3:
Old 29-09-2005, 05:18 PM   #4
piacaming
Starter Motor

Default Qford service

Q ford are pretty good, my ef (not xr) is getting fixed there and so far no probs with them.

pia
Old 29-09-2005, 06:58 PM   #5
Black Panther

Just had our GT in for it's 15000km's service at Bryan Byrt Ford at Mansfield today and very happy with the service, they even drove us over to Garden City so we could see a movie will we waited.
Black Panther is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 07:04 PM   #6
SP Ken

G'day Thru N Thru,

For Ford Dealers you couldn't go past Bryan Byrt on the southside. On the northside (god country) Byrne Ford are good I have used them before. If you are looking for a good workshop that will do logbook servicing and performance work give Bob Romano a call. He and his son Chris worked on my N/A XR6 and did an excellent job.

Cheers,

Ken
Old 29-09-2005, 08:10 PM   #7
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I might add that Byran Byrt ford are Club sponsors and look after the club's members. I have been there a number off times and Byran Byrt are head and shoulders above the rest.

Ask to speak Greg Parsons he is the service manager and good to get along with..

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2005, 10:59 PM   #8
Thru 'N' Thru
Starter Motor

Thanks so much to all for replying. Great to know that there are people around prepared to offer advice.

Thanks again.

Ford Thru 'N' Thru 4eva
Thru 'N' Thru is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 12:12 AM   #9
philut
XR8 driver

Default Ipswich service

Hi Thru n thru. I live in Ipswich as well. I take my XR8 to Bryan Byrt service at Mansfield. Ring for the night shift guys and ask for Victor as he will take good care of you. I can't remember his name. Victor starts at about 3.30pm if I remember correctly.

Philut
philut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 04:17 PM   #10
phoon
BOLLOCKS

take your ride to Q Ford service centre at Browns Plains Rd, Browns Plains. Ask for Jason, I have been taking my fords there for years and they are terrific.
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2005, 10:01 PM   #11
RAPID
Starter Motor

I Just had my xr6 TURBO serviced at Bryan Byrt Ford at Wecker rd mansfield and I left very happy, and if you show your club membership card you'll recieve 10% off the price so thats better than a kick in the teeth. The more clubies that go there maybe we'll end up with a bit more discount in the future.

Matt
RAPID is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 10:41 AM   #12
XR6TU
Addicted to BOOST!!

Yeah, Bryan Byrt are great, may be more coin then "other" service departments but they have looked after me in the past. This is my 2nd BA XR, although it's 2nd hand, not new like the Phantom XR6 NA but yeah, I'd recommend them.
XR6TU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 07:52 PM   #13
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Q Ford is the best Ford Dealership on the Southside of Brisbane, thats why it won national dealer of the year last year.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2005, 08:53 PM   #14
RAPID
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Q Ford is the best Ford Dealership on the Southside of Brisbane, thats why it won national dealer of the year last year.
Thats great for Q Ford but don't you think its a good thing to support club sponsors when possible because they support us.
CHEERS
Old 04-10-2005, 09:03 PM   #15
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Post service recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID
Thats great for Q Ford but don't you think its a good thing to support club sponsors when possible because they support us.
CHEERS
I agree with that Rapid, but there are reasons someone may chose to use other places (cost, time, personal preferences etc).

That is not saying others dont or shouldnt support sponsors but sometimes its just impossible to.

Cheers
Kerri
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2005, 10:03 PM   #16
phoon
BOLLOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID
CHEERS
Im sure Bryan Byrt are good as well, nobody is bagging them and I certainly would never bag sponsors of this site, but we can only go on personal experience and I have always had great service from QFord as it seems others on this thread have had from BBF.
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2005, 11:19 PM   #17
RAPID
Starter Motor

All I'm saying is that where possible use sponsors, use your common sense and don't drive pass 2 ford dealers and drive one hour out of your way to save 10%. But in saying that I know of one clubie that drives from Yamanto to BBF for all his servicing needs. So in conclusion stick to what ever service outlet that you can trust to do the right thing by you whether its a sponsor or not.

Bye for now
Old 13-10-2005, 09:42 PM   #18
foxylady

BB ford have been excellent to us regarding servicing and putting up with all our little complaints as well as after sales service(go Ben!), all the more so as we live in Rocky and drive down during the day to get our services done by the afternoon shift. Also the curtesy bus is a bonus.. :eclipsee_
foxylady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post