Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-11-2021, 05:32 PM   #3931
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

So i tested the gps unit. So same setup but using effectively wheel speed it ran 81. On gps 1st run was 81. Run 2, just for repeat results. That didnt go so well. So atleast now the speedo doesnt give false readings due to wheel spin, but on the grass with the fronts spinning i copped the concrete of my driveway on the sidewall and ripped a tyre. Just my luck. So new rims and tyres ordered. But in that time new gearing should arrive and i can install that whilst the rims and tyres are on the way. I could have just ordered tyres, but my rims are pretty beat up, so a good excuse for new ones.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-11-2021, 10:21 AM   #3932
slowsnake
Banned

Being me, Billy, or slowsnake!....yep that makes me feel good today, just being me and a very happy me.....
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2021, 09:14 AM   #3933
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
So i tested the gps unit. So same setup but using effectively wheel speed it ran 81. On gps 1st run was 81. Run 2, just for repeat results. That didnt go so well. So atleast now the speedo doesnt give false readings due to wheel spin, but on the grass with the fronts spinning i copped the concrete of my driveway on the sidewall and ripped a tyre. Just my luck. So new rims and tyres ordered. But in that time new gearing should arrive and i can install that whilst the rims and tyres are on the way. I could have just ordered tyres, but my rims are pretty beat up, so a good excuse for new ones.
I was of the opinion you were going to start a special RC thread number 4?
I think good idea, but don't really matter does it, as long as it makes you feel good!.....
Old 13-11-2021, 10:54 AM   #3934
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

geez slowsnake this would be a boring forum without you yakking every hour your a crazy dude but I think your sense of humour would work well with mine.
I just control mine more ...
Old 13-11-2021, 05:59 PM   #3935
Kicking back

So many months ago my mum was, complaining isnt the term, but reffering to the mobile phone lifestyle. So cracked screen, battery life shot so charger to charger. So for me, eh, thats normal. So again, months ago i bought her a new phone for her birthday. Im a heaps good child. So i not only got her the new phone, i baby proofed it. So rear case and screen protector. My mums not that old, shes 67, but still, treat the old as you do the young.
Anyhow, she chose not to use the new phone but texted me yesterday to ask if i was available on the phone today as tech support.
Long story short (its long enough already) my 12 year oldkid did the data transfer. Only issue he had was a minor fouble. Sim cards dont fit if the tray us upside-down.
My mums larry as happy but. Dont ask my why it took her months to decide to swap over to a new phone. She did ask me what my kids phone cost. His phone is the same as hers. I got a mad deal from optus, so $36. Hers, well i paid retail, and it wasnt $36. Im not going to say price, and if it wasnt for my mum i wouldnt have done it.
Old 13-11-2021, 09:37 PM   #3936
slowsnake
Banned

Waking up early as usual, but noticing almost immediately that my right shoulder which had a good workout on my bonnet, well was feeling very good, but, last night I was feeling even better, my good friend and neighbour who is a fine young lady by the way, has had a very bad wry neck, couldn't get in to see her GP so I got her in to see my GP, all in an hour, this was 2 weeks ago, after MRI Scan which was carried out at my behest, did the same morning at my request to the Radiology clinic, these folk know me well and like my attitude towards life, and death, hold me in high regard, mainly because I do not whine or complain.

So, after getting showered last night, covered in sanding dust and needing a good scrub, I decided to check on my mate and neighbour as you do, I asked about her neck, she asked about my shoulder, that's a fair exchange eh, so I said to her, sitting in her cut off denims and singlet, no bra that time of night, that about 7:30pm by then, and told her Lethal Weapon 2 was on, so she put TV on and we had a cuppa, I noticed though that like me she had to turn her torso to talk to me, I asked when she is getting her cortisone injection, turns out she had more than a pulled muscle, but a nerve the C5 was impinged in the left side exit foremen but her pain was on the right side, neck and shoulder blade?

I had explained to her about referred pain, which she now fully understood, that the pain from one place is felt in another place!
So what's next?......hehehe, a massage of course, she had Goanna rub creme, so I asked her to put her hair up and sit on the carpet infront of me, mmmm, singlets in the way, what can we do, she paid $45 bucks for it, so I'm about to pull the straps to the side, and before I could she lent forward and whipped it off in one swift move! so I got the Goanna creme and massaged this beautiful young ladies neck, shoulder, spine and around her scapular, we watched the movie from start to finish, I was still massaging this woman, 2 hours all up, what a way to end the day!.....nothing sexual of course, just one neighbour helping another in distress!.lol.....and I loved it too!

This morning at about 10pm, I was up very early working on bonnet and heard this sweet, soft, soothing voice behind me, telling me how well she slept and how good she felt after waking, cool, what are neighbours for!

She asked me what movies are on tonight, lol, and said I have to get some more Goanna rub, I said ok no worries, so looks like old slowsnake gets to help my "poor painful" neighbour out again tonight!.....
4 users like this post:
Old 13-11-2021, 11:21 PM   #3937
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gee SS, I thought the story was going to get frisky there as she sat there braless in cut off denim shorts.
Dear Playboy, this is a true story, I dropped in on my neighbour and before long one thing lead to another and we....
3 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2021, 11:29 AM   #3938
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The day has only just started, but reading Lewis Hamilton has been hit with a 5 place grid penalty for an engine swap.
Old 14-11-2021, 11:32 AM   #3939
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
The day has only just started, but reading Lewis Hamilton has been hit with a 5 place grid penalty for an engine swap.
Yippee, go Dan go
Old 14-11-2021, 11:58 AM   #3940
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
That really does make me feel good, Hamilton has had a charmed run, fast car, moderate opposition, but Verstaffen closes on the mighty Team Mercedes with Red Bull, and as for Dan, don't think he will ever become F1 World Champion, and its not inferior equipment, it's inferior attitude and thinking, but I have never trusted Mercedes, not one micron, they are as sneaky and as deceptive as Schumacher and Vettel were, but 5 places, well depends who 2,3,4 and 5th place are, I am assuming he is in P6.
Old 14-11-2021, 12:07 PM   #3941
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Gee SS, I thought the story was going to get frisky there as she sat there braless in cut off denim shorts.
Dear Playboy, this is a true story, I dropped in on my neighbour and before long one thing lead to another and we....
Hahaha, if only it was a Dear Playboy story, but alas it's all true, and what's worse is my severe lumbar spine injury from 1989 finally did what my neurosurgeon said it would, and that is destroyed my ability to do anything ( Playboy or Hustler like ) lol, past 9 years have been arid, not that I haven't had proposals, but like the Pope I am only good for ****ing
Old 14-11-2021, 01:02 PM   #3942
Kicking back

So it begins again. Not so much in a bad sense, but it begins. So years ago my mum would talk up buying cheap a cheap phone then days later start asking why it didnt do the stuff her friends fancier phones did? So i didnt crack it at my mum, she is my mum, but come around to her birthday i bought her her old phone. So it was the runout model of the samsung s7. I couldnt afford a current model, but still a major step up. The timewasting phonecalls ramped up. Did you know it does this that and the other etc. So she was over the moon.
So yesterday with her new phone mum was happy but going through the motions of setting up background photos etc. Today its back to you know it does this and that etc. So as happy as she is she asked me if its the current model knowing her last wasnt when i gifted it, brand new but not the latest. Answer is yes. She was stoaked hearing that.
So reasoning behind getting my mum a new phone, well, when i gave my kid my mum was there. You can read my mum like a book. Just stuff like statements towards a bigger screen and old eyes. So i knew.
So she appreciated the new phone but didnt swap over because something like if its not completely broken.
But hey, she now has a phone where the screen is seemingly the size of an a5 sheet of paper and the battery should last 3 days not 3 hours. So stuff my mum is all over she doesnt mind spending on, stuff she's not all over i can poke and prod as much as i like but she wont budge. Kind of like when her printer/flat scanner crapped out. My recomendation was get one with an auto feed scanner that does double sided printing. I had to march her into officeworks and turns out its the best thing since sliced bread. And you can print emails off your phone....
So i dont mind dragging my mum into the age of technology, she does go a bit over the top appreciation wise for what would be considered normal to most but is new to her. But hey.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-11-2021, 01:10 PM   #3943
slowsnake
Banned

You are a good son number 4, a credit to ya parents!
Old 14-11-2021, 02:13 PM   #3944
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
You are a good son number 4, a credit to ya parents!
Its more akin to you dont know what you have untill its gone. So my dad died in 2019 aged 65. So back then i spent most my time career based.
My mum, shes 67, she doesnt need help, shes doing quite well for herself, but the few minor thing she isnt all over i help out where i can. So im not going to tell her this, but ive shifted my efforts towards what i value.
Mainly just little stuff. Like being an electrician by trade (ex electrician) mum asked my opinion if theres anything simple to lower electricity bills. Simple answer was yes, LED lighting upgrade.
Didnt like the quote she got. Labour was ok, but parts were well overpriced and colour was way off for my liking. So i got more appropriate downlight fittings, and for the pendents LED 78mm r7s in 3k for wholesale, fitted all in maybe 3 hour due to tea breaks etc. And its my mum. A tri colour led 92mm downlight fitting is $6 wholesale. So i wore the cost for 46 of them, because mum. Same with labour, did it for free because mum.
Ive spent many years doing lighting design.
Monster improvement moving away from 50w halogen downlights with iron core transformers (roughly 13w loss in the transformer) and 100w 78mm r7 linear halogens to 8w LED downeys and 8w 78MM LED r7s. Way more light coverage, still similar soft colour which for domestic i recomend, and power savings. Well, mum says its a big yes. Havent done the maths, but 7 100w r7s =700w. Swapped out to 8w LED r7s = 46w.
46x 50w dichroics using iron core tm50s at around 13w loss, that = 2898w.
So 46×8w LED downeys = 368w.
So, granted not all lights are turned on at the same time or all the time.
And its not unlike my mum cannot afford the bills. Hell, she has an upright minigrand piano in her 2 story waterfront penthouse. But not the point, in that case, it was just the initial quote was just effectively installing, no lighting design. But, whilst it may have worked perfectly fine, it would have ****ed me off. Did i want to do the work on my off time, no. Do i work for free? No. My mum has a nice place and to **** up the lighting, will i stand for that, no. Hence why i made it right for free. But hey, im happy with it, have been for years. Mums happy with the outcome and the lower electric city bills. So all around no complaints.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2021, 10:30 AM   #3945
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We won the T20 World Cup.
Takes away the pain of Hamilton winning, again and Dan a DNF.
Old 15-11-2021, 11:25 AM   #3946
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

A new chapter in MotoGP starts from today free of the yellow goons.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2021, 02:10 PM   #3947
slowsnake
Banned

I am watching a movie, called "Defiance" I copied it last week to watch during the first boring morning, that's this morning, look it up if you like to see the downtrodden get their revenge, lol, Daniel Craig plays the main lead, and it makes me feel good, its violent but acceptable violence!.......
Old 15-11-2021, 02:15 PM   #3948
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought you enjoyed getting distracted by half naked damsels from watching movies
Old 15-11-2021, 03:16 PM   #3949
Fgute

Got the harmonic balancer off my 3 valve(stripped the first puller)and fixed a 44 year old CB radio for a mate.
Fgute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2021, 04:03 PM   #3950
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
A new chapter in MotoGP starts from today free of the yellow goons.

2 aussies next season woot woot.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2021, 07:06 PM   #3951
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Finishing this digger in 3 days made me feel good...

Next...

Last edited by GasoLane; 15-11-2021 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Resized pics
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2021, 07:14 PM   #3952
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
I thought you enjoyed getting distracted by half naked damsels from watching movies
That's tonight, be massaging her while we watch "Black Snake Moan"
Can't wait, and its just mates, both of us liberal minded, but her neck is bad, but she complained about her ribs being sore too, front ribs, just below her bra if she wore one.....
Old 15-11-2021, 07:16 PM   #3953
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Thanks Gaso :/

Gotta show me how to do that again...
Old 15-11-2021, 07:18 PM   #3954
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
Thanks Gaso :/

Gotta show me how to do that again...
Use Postimage. https://postimages.org

I like the Dozer Daz, but out of my budget for now

Now you need to light up the Liebherr!

Old 15-11-2021, 07:21 PM   #3955
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Thinking about it mate , definitely lighting up the Boom Wrecker

Last edited by GasoLane; 15-11-2021 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Resized pic.
Old 15-11-2021, 07:24 PM   #3956
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Ahhh postimages... sorry i just "copy image" from bookface but they are not normally that Large, are they ?
Old 16-11-2021, 04:06 PM   #3957
Kicking back

So i met my brother at the mechanic we use this morning to give him a lift home. So my brothers manual au lost 1st gear and reverse. This mechanic is a top bloke, no bs, takes pride in his work etc. So i was waiting in my car in the ac for maybe 20 minutes whilst the mechanic did some stuff on my brothers car in the car park. Then the mechanic backs it out and takes it for a test drive. Turns out the clutch cable needed adjustment. The mechanic refused payment. So anyhow my brother went back with some beers to say thanks. The last time this bloke helped me out of a bind and refused payment, he refused to accept the carton of beer i dropped off (he likes asahi's so thats what i got) so i left it on the counter in the office and walked off. But seriously, an absolute top bloke.
5 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2021, 04:52 PM   #3958
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Selector forks bent from slamming gears? Might be almost too late, but look at a short shifter. It’s cheaper than buying him a rebuild kit and the labour required.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2021, 05:30 PM   #3959
slowsnake
Banned

Working on my car, visiting my GP and getting a new COPD inhaler, he said not on his books, I said it only come out on 1st November, said I read it on internet, so he looks it up and there it was, so I get script for chemist, he said never heard of it, I said try harder!....so he did, place was empty except for the "domeheads" but he found it, insaid to him and my GP, why don't you get told about these products, he said haven't seen a salesman for a few years?.I said a salesman, he said yeh where do you think we get all the free pads and pens etc, I said so you accept bribes eh!...he said no Billy I nick em out of his bag when he goes and has a pee!.....
Old 16-11-2021, 07:09 PM   #3960
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I first stated work in a bygone era I was in a corner grocery store,
Our policy to all sales reps was.
welcome anytime
leave car keys on that hook
make yourself tea or instant coffee
if young Tony gets time he will scout through your car and see what he can.

We kept ourselves very well fed out the back.