Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-08-2021, 10:52 PM   #1
Edxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU Overflow bottle sensor

Guys,

My overflow bottle sensor appears to show up on my instrument cluster intermittently when the car is on a decline or incline, however the water level remains normal. Any ideas.

Regards
Edxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2021, 02:11 PM   #2
FERG_51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AU Overflow bottle sensor

Might need to remove it and clean all the crud around it, I would try this first.
FERG_51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2021, 01:07 PM   #3
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Hey mate, i'd take the sensor out and clean it, they get full of crap and then play funny buggers.

When you pull it out, you'll need a new grommet, you can get them off ebay pretty cheap.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/23126025...kAAOSwFh5gUqDL
Old 13-11-2021, 08:14 AM   #4
Edxr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Guys,

It appeared to fix itself. However I will replace the coolant and clean the sensor at the same time now that summer is around the corner.

Cheers
Edxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post