Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-08-2006, 03:25 AM   #1
Danny
GT4.

Default Fiesta Factory Upgrade Alarm Kit - $89.00 on Ebay!

Hey Guys,

Surfin on Ebay Friday during the day I came across this.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

For those of you who dont know, It's the factory Option upgrade Alarm for the Fiesta. From Ford spares or on the Fiesta "Tick the Option" Box it's around $450 odd. Its the Top of the range alarm ford do for the Fez.

It Features:

- Battery Back Up siren.

- Arming of doors, Hatch, and bonnet

- Arming of Ignition Switch

- Beeper and Indicator flash On Door Lock and Open (Fiesta's usually do nothing when you open them)

- Indicator Illumination for 30 Secs on opening to Illuminate around the Vehicle

- Window Break Sensor

- Auto Arm (Switchable)

On Ebay from Broadford Spares, the Kit is $89.00 with FREE Postage! I know its not gonna be as good as some pony Autobarn systems, but for $89.00 I decided to be a Guinea Pig (And having factory stuff on the car is good for resale rather than loads of Aftermarket crap), and bought one.

Because it's in Melbourne I picked it up today rather than go through Ebay (It was paramount that I check it out and make sure for everyone else that its the real deal). The pack comes with detailed Instructions that are easy to follow, and I did it myself in about 4 hours, everything works, and its a very good system, works all off the key! So now, My Fiesta is alarmed with a "Ford Anti theft Device".

So there ya go. $89.00 for something that Ford usually charges in excess of $400 for. I'm Happy as a Pig in Poo.

So for you guys who are after a good value alarm, I reccomend you should order this now. What a fantastic Bargain, and good for peace of mind when you're not around your Fez!

-Dan

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 03:31 AM   #2
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
- Beeper and Indicator flash On Door Lock and Open (Fiesta's usually do nothing when you open them)
good to hear Danny, hope it proves reliable for you.

just curious though what you mean with the line i quoted ^^ up there. Mrsfantz' Fiesta flashes the indicators (like most cars do) when you open and close it.. doesn't chirp obviously but does indicate. Also if you lock the car with the keypad button when the hatch is open, once you close the hatch the indicators will flash to indicate it's all locked up.

Good find though.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 10:11 AM   #3
EstaFiesta
went bigger and better..

Hey Danny. I have been eyeing off this system for quite some time, thanks for being the guinea pig. Would you say the installation was an easy one? Worried it will take me 12 hours fo fit and will finish up still in the box..lol

Thanks Simon

2007 BF XR8 Magnet ute
Silhouete, leather, Luxury pack, 6sp auto, hard cover with power bulge and spoiler, HOT!.

2006 VE Calais V 6.0lt with CSV 3 inch exhaust, sweet.
EstaFiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 11:56 AM   #4
Danny
GT4.

Took me about 3 or 4 hours to do. The most time consuming part was getting the siren wiring loom into the engine bay.

Oh and Fantz: What I mean was that before the alarm, the Fiesta used to indicate once when locked, and when unlocked it didn't indicate at all. Now it indicates twice when locked, and three times when unlocked.
Old 20-08-2006, 01:49 PM   #5
Sonia

Quote:
Oh and Fantz: What I mean was that before the alarm, the Fiesta used to indicate once when locked, and when unlocked it didn't indicate at all. Now it indicates twice when locked, and three times when unlocked.
Well.... that's odd. My Fiesta flashes the indicators twice when locking and once when unlocking.

I might get myself one of these alarms seeing as Bayford Spare Parts in around the corner from me :P
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 06:53 PM   #6
Danny
GT4.

I'm actually very surprised that theres such little interest here!! Unbelieveable!
Old 20-08-2006, 07:26 PM   #7
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got the system when I first got the car. It seems ford changes minor things each few months as almost every fez ive seem doesn't something different when locked or unlocked with a ford alarm
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 08:53 PM   #8
lupin

Yea I seen these a week ago. (when we got the car) and was wondering what kind of features they had.

Is there are shock sensor and is the siren a battery backup.
lupin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 09:02 PM   #9
timmyTTjr
Come On Arsenal

Do you reckon they would be fine for the WQ fez?
Because I have been thinking seriously about an alarm system, and was going to go to autobarn or some alternative to get one fitted... its a bargain.
timmyTTjr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 10:40 PM   #10
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupin
Yea I seen these a week ago. (when we got the car) and was wondering what kind of features they had.

Is there are shock sensor and is the siren a battery backup.
All in my first post mate! ;)
Old 20-08-2006, 11:50 PM   #11
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like a bargain! Ran it over with dad this afternoon and he's given the thumbs up, however, how much would it cost to have it installed by the dealer?
Old 21-08-2006, 01:11 AM   #12
photn
AFF Post NAZI

yer i purchased myne as well when i bought the car,

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 01:38 AM   #13
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
Sounds like a bargain! Ran it over with dad this afternoon and he's given the thumbs up, however, how much would it cost to have it installed by the dealer?
Phht Stuff that. It's easy to do! I'll do it...
Old 21-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #14
photn
AFF Post NAZI

danny i just saw the time of your last post lol, all i have to say is WHAT the, lol hehehehe, are u that much of a machine that you dont sleep lol, just jks, but damn thats early.!!

Old 21-08-2006, 07:00 PM   #15
04RSD
shinanigans

doh
i asked him if they fit a wq? NO
i work at autobarn and even i think that is cheap.
the universal upgrade alarms have alot of troubles in most cars so this would be a great investment for all wp owners
04RSD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #16
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats probably why its so cheap. With the WQ been on sale and this only fitting a WP demand must be at rock bottom so they wanna get rid of stock
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 07:56 PM   #17
lupin

Can you disable the beep for arm and disarm?
Id prefer it if it were silent when arming and disarming
lupin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 08:58 PM   #18
Danny
GT4.

Yes you can.
Old 22-08-2006, 08:45 AM   #19
JD2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
danny i just saw the time of your last post lol, all i have to say is WHAT the, lol hehehehe, are u that much of a machine that you dont sleep lol, just jks, but damn thats early.!!
Ive made some pretty early posts aswell i.e 4:40am and so ... im in the construction game so its not odd to be awake by 4am but danny works late some nights which would explain his late posts true dedication to the forum .. (No i wont goto sleep yet i will check the forum and make sure everything is answered!!) Top work Danny
Old 22-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #20
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

I just ordered one, hopefully I'll get it fitted on the weekend.
BTW I rang Metro Ford up here, was quoted $206.95+gst trade price.

Danny, any tricky bits in fitting it?

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??

Last edited by Scareybear; 22-08-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 05:23 PM   #21
Danny
GT4.

Just make sure when you have to tap the Wires on the GEM (On google search, this stands for Generic Electronic Module) That you do it carefully making sure that the wires from the alarm module to gem module match, and that it matches up with the Diagram in the instruction book. It's Kinda like Ikea really.

The only other tricky thing is getting the Siren wiring loom through the rubber grommet behind the glove box and into the engine Bay. With one person, it was kind of difficult. But thats about it. In the instructions there's a freecall number to the manufacturer if any problems are encountered as well so its all good.

Good luck.
Old 22-08-2006, 07:09 PM   #22
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Cool, thanks for the heads up

Old 22-08-2006, 08:08 PM   #23
photn
AFF Post NAZI

i found with the fire wall what u should do is get that really long flat head screwdriver and tape the wire to the end of the screwdriver and then thrust it through the hole (yes i am talking about the car!!!! dirty minded ppl lol) then just leave it there and go to the bonnet and retrive the cable from the screwdriver!!!

Old 27-08-2006, 11:11 PM   #24
norm999

We just bought one off ebay it arrived yesterday!! So I think we're just going to get ford to fit it when we get back to Townsville. Cos we had the standard one fitted when I first got the car so it could be a bit confusing with the one already in there. (It's the one that runs off the beep) We'll let you know how we go.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 06:47 PM   #25
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Mine finally arrived today, now just need time to fit it... hopefully this won't take as long as my springs....

Old 28-08-2006, 09:54 PM   #26
Danny
GT4.

Come on Carey, you should be done by now!!!!
Old 29-08-2006, 08:13 AM   #27
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Red face

Quote:
Come on Carey, you should be done by now!!!!
I only got it yesterday, had a hell day at work..... (I know, I know excuses, excuses...) : :

Old 10-09-2006, 03:41 PM   #28
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Well, I finally got a free weekend, (between work & the wife, I don't get too many of these) 2 1/2 hours under the dash and the alarm is in.

The biggest problem I found was getting the siren loom across to the left hand side of the car, took me about 5 goes.
Anyway its in, only took a couple of weeks to find the time ;P
Thanks to Danny for giving us the heads-up about it.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:55 PM   #29
Danny
GT4.

How did you go with The initial Set up?

Did it take a few goes before it actually worked properly? Mine did.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:26 AM   #30
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

I did'nt have any problems, although I had everything connected for about 15 mins while I went away to find my radio code, maybe that made a difference?