Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #31
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth_lks
Indeed, it doesn't worth to spend a huge money to mod a 1.6L 16V Fiesta cause you might be able to buy another car with more power and comfortable at the end. There is plenty of new and high performance small vehicle such as Mazda 3 MPS, Clio Sport, XR5T, Golf GTI etc..ahha..manufactured turbo and engine, keep the legal standard :sm_headba

Gonna make a testdrive booking for the Mazda 3 MPs and Golf GTI
A word of advice, test drive the Mazda first. This way when you're driving the GTi, you'll be able to drive past the Mazda dealer and scream "OWNED !!!" out the window...

But seriously, let me know what you think of the GTi!
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 08:21 PM   #32
kenneth_lks
Fiestata!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaytan
A word of advice, test drive the Mazda first. This way when you're driving the GTi, you'll be able to drive past the Mazda dealer and scream "OWNED !!!" out the window...

But seriously, let me know what you think of the GTi!
I absolutely like the overall design of GTi, I've tried the GTi before but the power of that car was 'ok' for me. When i heard the ad of the new Mazda 3 MPS with 187Kw, 0-100KM=6.1sec totally gained my attention cause the most powerful car I'm owning is only 179KW, 0-100KM=7.1sec. However, I just don't like the look of Mazda 3..

I didn't mean that I will going get any of them, but just want to test a medium-small car with that sort of power (stocked)..u know?
kenneth_lks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 08:45 PM   #33
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Swaytan]
It's like anything, you pay for what you get & obviously a $16k car will not do the same job as a $36k car.

All I know is almost any proffesional driver that has compared the Fez to all other cars in it's range has voted Fez hands down.QUOTE]

"Well put Sway", these 2 statements completely sum up this debate.
Price is the all important factor, "ya get what ya pay for!!", car manufacturers can only supply what their manufacturing budget alloys for in any particular model run, from design concept right through to the actual manufacture and finally the supply infrastructure to delivered global markets for any one of its particular product range.
For under 20k I cannot personally think of any other "NEW" vehicle currently available on the Australian market that stacks up against the Fiesta Zetec, the only vehicle that I would even compare to the Zetec as comparable competition would be the Suzuki Swift Z series which itself has received glorious reviews all over the globe......but......imho the Swift is not as attractive a car as the Zetec, certainly does not perform as well as the Zetec and generally the overall quality of the Swift is not quite up to the Zetec's......"but does come pretty close", in general though I personally think both Ford and Suzuki should be congratulated for providing what are two excellent products at an attainable price point the average consumer can enjoy in a market that is fast becoming full of cheap and nasty products that are simply not up to scratch for the sort of dollars that are being demanded.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 09:41 PM   #34
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Lets not get carried away guys...

We all know the Fiesta is the best (NEW) drivers car under $20k!

Just purely saying that the added money spent in making the Fiesta better (without a major R&D budget like Ford Motor Company) is unlikely to give you the benefits you could get from spending that money on a better car.

Basically, I doubt spending $10k on a Fiesta Zetec will give you the luxury the ST or other cars would.

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 11:07 PM   #35
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Basically, I doubt spending $10k on a Fiesta Zetec will give you the luxury the ST or other cars would.
No it wouldn't. If you could spend 10k on a 15k car & have an end result that is equal to or better than a 35k car, nobody like us would be buying 30k cars. We'd all be buying 15k cars and modding them.

What I was saying was that if you're budget can only get you a 15k car, the Fez is the top of the list. If you had 55k, why wouldn't you just buy a 55k car? Spend the money where it counts.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:15 PM   #36
Swaytan
Swaytan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth_lks
I absolutely like the overall design of GTi, I've tried the GTi before but the power of that car was 'ok' for me. When i heard the ad of the new Mazda 3 MPS with 187Kw, 0-100KM=6.1sec totally gained my attention cause the most powerful car I'm owning is only 179KW, 0-100KM=7.1sec. However, I just don't like the look of Mazda 3..

I didn't mean that I will going get any of them, but just want to test a medium-small car with that sort of power (stocked)..u know?
Absolutly mate, I even told the guy at Volkswagen that I had no intention of buying a GTi. He said "no worries, any excuse to sit in it is fine with me. Just make sure you tell all your mates how good it is!"

The GTi is pretty heavy for it's size, I'd be keen to find out how heavy the MPS is, then we could work out BHP.
Old 13-06-2006, 03:12 PM   #37
amlohac

If you turbo your little buzzer, learn how to drive it properly for christ sake cos its going to tourqe steer like a . The last thing we need is for you to wrap it round a poll and add to the bad rep modified cars already have.
amlohac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 04:54 PM   #38
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to mod the fez, or any car for that matter, the issue that bothers me with my car is people saying "you know you could have bought an r33 for less or a 200sx" but the point is, i bought my car because i like it over everything else in the similar price range, and i can afford to insure it! I can also handle the car from day one, therefore as i slowly perform mods to increase power i can adjust to the new power output in the same car, instead of becoming another statistic in a highly modified import wrapped around a pole...

just my 2 cents, i'd suggest modding ur fez, it'll cost a fair bit to get what kind of power you're after but you're not just payign for the power, you're paying for originality and the power in the car you like and can already handle
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #39
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec20
I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to mod the fez, or any car for that matter, the issue that bothers me with my car is people saying "you know you could have bought an r33 for less or a 200sx" but the point is, i bought my car because i like it over everything else in the similar price range, and i can afford to insure it! I can also handle the car from day one, therefore as i slowly perform mods to increase power i can adjust to the new power output in the same car, instead of becoming another statistic in a highly modified import wrapped around a pole...
Ditto, when I told my mates I bought a Fiesta... they FLIPPED OUT! and telling me that I could've gotten a Skyline GTS-t (R33). My reasons were exactly the same as yours.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2006, 07:40 PM   #40
kenneth_lks
Fiestata!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
Ditto, when I told my mates I bought a Fiesta... they FLIPPED OUT! and telling me that I could've gotten a Skyline GTS-t (R33). My reasons were exactly the same as yours.
In this case, I reckon u should tell u mates that the GTS-R33 is approximate older then many people (though it is powerful). I think the safety system for our little Fez is much more better and the insurance is cheaper..I want my life more than power:Reverend:
kenneth_lks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 02:10 PM   #41
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also mention that every wog and his dog have r33's...
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 02:13 PM   #42
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
Ditto, when I told my mates I bought a Fiesta... they FLIPPED OUT! and telling me that I could've gotten a Skyline GTS-t (R33).
Skylines are quite nice cars.........until something goes wrong!!
costs an absolute fortune to fix any problems when they screw up, a mate of mine used to have one, he eventually got rid of the bloody thing, he simply could no longer afford the constant repair bills on it, not to mention the whole inconvenience of it always breaking down, spent more time in the workshop than actually on the road!!, personally I would much rather have a new Fez than one of those old troublesome things.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post