Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-01-2006, 11:21 PM   #1
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Wheels on :) Pics up at last :D

Hey everyone, i dont know how many of you saw my thread on my new wheels but heres the thread with piccies :eclipsee_

the wheels are 16's with good year rubber, off a Ford Focus Zetec.
The car is also lowered (has been for a good couple of months)

:

Also... its been raining here for about two weeks, so my car was filthy + i had the stylish Chrome sunshade on :

Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 11:23 PM   #2
simonr
Focus Rookie

faaa, where did them hot rims come from???

looks good man..

Should be happy wit em!!
Old 19-01-2006, 11:24 PM   #3
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Nice, looking better every time we see it

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 11:26 PM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

lol i got the rims from some guy named SimonR i think!!

and i got the stylish windscreen sun protector from my mums car when she wasnt looking!
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 19-01-2006, 11:50 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

WHOA! NICE MAN! That has to be the hottest red Fiesta i have seen! Looking good Mitch! Sorry i couldnt stop on the way down from Nelsons Bay and say hi... we were kinda lost and confused, and just wanted to stop to shop, and then head home! Thanks for the direction help though.... although it wasnt much help! Locals... good for noffing!

Anyway, back on topic.... its looking really good Mitch! All you need is the Fogs, and id consider it ONE OF the cleanest looking Fiestas (Alongside my own.. haha). I love the look of it! The painted bits all add to the look too! Looking great. I LOVE rims by the company of the car itself... They are usually designed more so for the car. Hence, i love the idea of Ford rims on a Ford car (ahem, i did the same!)

Looks great! Can't wait for the fog lights (hopefully next?)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 12:00 AM   #6
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Thank you very much for the comments. my next plans for the exterior are to buy the front lip from the ford kit. get that fitted (while the car is in the panel shop ill get them to paint my door handles which i didnt want done previously... but i have changed my mind since)
so door handles painted... front lip... and then foggies

Yum yum!!
ive had a fair few looks since i got the rims on, when im due for new tyres im also going to drop the wheels in at a panel shop and get them to paint the wheels a slightly darker silver with plenty of metallic through them (very much alike to the new wrx wheels colour)

Loads of fun :
Old 20-01-2006, 01:21 AM   #7
na01

Nice one mate!
na01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 08:50 AM   #8
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Awesome stuff those zetec rims aye? Really suit the fez great. All the painted bits give it a more streamlined look and the chrome sunshade make the car look million bucks.

The front lip and fogs should set it off. Still one of the best looking red fez's ive seen.

Good on ya mate.
Old 20-01-2006, 12:11 PM   #9
theostheone

eyy...

i dont mean to offend you but those rims are crap. sure they look different, but in the end they are just stock rims off another car (arent they?)...

the colour coded parts look good though...
theostheone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 02:19 PM   #10
Danny
GT4.

Looks good Mitch. Up there with mine now mate lol.....
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 02:45 PM   #11
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default Wheels on :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theostheone
eyy...

i dont mean to offend you but those rims are crap. sure they look different, but in the end they are just stock rims off another car (arent they?)...

the colour coded parts look good though...

Fair enough, i take your point.
For a few months now ive really wanted wheels, but i wanted ford rims.
One main reason is because i think alot of the ford wheels are very good looking and are designed specifically for the car. But my other main reason is because police in newcastle are extremely stritct, and will defect a car for practically ANYTHING. Town gets shut down many times a year and EVERY car is checked over by police.
I figure if they see a Ford badge on the wheels they wont ask questions.
+ the zetec focus wheels and focus mp3 rims are hot, and look fantastic on the smaller fiesta.

But yes, point taken. Alot of people prefer an aftermarket wheel.

Loads of fun :
Old 20-01-2006, 06:17 PM   #12
FezBoy
Fez good. Wez better.

It's kinda tough to see from the angles but are the wheels (tyres+rims) bigger than standard Fiesta - it looks like they fill the guards much better now. Or is it just the lower springs? Are the rims 16s or 17s?? Tyre spec?

Noice, regardless!

Gave my 2004 Fiesta Zetec to my mother-in-law.

Drive a Westfield SEiW now: No roof. No windows. No doors. No ABS. No ASC. No EBD. No power brakes. No power steering. No cruise control. No radio.

Got: 600kg, 300hp, R888s.

FezBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 06:21 PM   #13
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Its lowered 30mm on King Spring lows.

the tyres are 205/50/16's

They do fill the guards alot better, but i need tyres with slightly less sidewall (45 profile)
Im not sure if a 45 profile tyre will solve a minor issue i have, but on full lock im getting some minor rubbing, also the back tyres touch a section of the inner guard carpet stuff that bulges out in one section, but only over bumps.
Teki do you find the same thing? or will the 45 profile fix my minor problems! :P

Loads of fun :
Old 20-01-2006, 07:42 PM   #14
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx

They do fill the guards alot better, but i need tyres with slightly less sidewall (45 profile)
Im not sure if a 45 profile tyre will solve a minor issue i have, but on full lock im getting some minor rubbing, also the back tyres touch a section of the inner guard carpet stuff that bulges out in one section, but only over bumps.
Teki do you find the same thing? or will the 45 profile fix my minor problems! :P
No problems to report. Lowering, with 205/45R16 and no rubbing. Im sure Danny doesnt have the problem either. So i guess the lower profile will help you! (hmmmmmmmmmm, this is not sounding good for Mista Fiesta [Damo] though... 17s and when its lowered..... argh)

During the week i travelled up to Port Stephens.... at one time i had 4 people in the car, and a FULL LOAD of luggage (couldnt see everything out the back window) and yet i had no issues with rubbing tyres, and neither did the suspension get too crashy. Good on the Fiesta!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 20-01-2006, 07:53 PM   #15
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx

This is why as Wheels increase in Diammetrical size, then so too the tyres must decrease. Rolling Diameter must stay the same, meaning that as the rims go up an inch, the tyres must come down.

The proper tyre profile for a 16 inch rim is 45mm, not 50. This ensures that the factory rolling diameter (that is the diameter of the standard 15" steel or zetec rim), is kept, meaning that the tyre's diameter is no larger than stock and therefore no rubbing.

Im guessing Damo's car would be fine, as it will have a 35 or 40mm profile to compensate for the larger rim. With an 18" rim, the profile will be even less. Capeesh?

End of the day, Teki and My car are fine, and Mitch's isn't. Best get yourself some 45 Profilers soon Mitch, as if your worried about Mr Plod, then they will be able to get you for the unsuitable profile on the tyre.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 08:21 PM   #16
FezBoy
Fez good. Wez better.

Allow me to introduce some numbers to the discussion...

Ford Standard fitments:
195 / 50 R15 - overall diameter 576.0mm
195 / 45 R16 - overall diameter 581.0mm

mitch lx:
205 / 45 R16 - overall diameter 611.0mm

teki04:
205 / 45 R16 - overall diameter 590.9mm

Look at 17s for Mista Fiesta:
205 / 35 R17 - overall diameter 575.3mm
205 / 40 R17 - overall diameter 595.8mm

BTW the second number is the aspect ratio - the percentage of the tyre width that the sidewall is. Thus, a 200 / 50 would have a 100mm high sidewall.

The reduced ride heights some of you run make things worse for interference issues as well.

The figures above come out of a freeware program you can get from here:
GearCalc.
It's supposed to be for messing with gearbox numbers, which you can do also, I guess.

Hope this helps....

Gave my 2004 Fiesta Zetec to my mother-in-law.

Drive a Westfield SEiW now: No roof. No windows. No doors. No ABS. No ASC. No EBD. No power brakes. No power steering. No cruise control. No radio.

Got: 600kg, 300hp, R888s.

Last edited by FezBoy; 20-01-2006 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Extra info
FezBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 09:12 PM   #17
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hey PPS,

Im not too sure if this is relevent but here you go,

When i originally got the rims it was running Goodyear F1 215/45/17R, and with a 27kg sub box it probably lowered the rear about 1cm if that. Now i only got rubbing from the front at full lock and the innerguards in the rear were on the tyre but only just.

Next day went to Tempe, fitted Nankang NS2 215/40/17R and still got slight rubbing only at the back. So i have had to pin back the rear innerguards with cable ties. And it works great even with a full car load.

Im 95% sure I wont lower the car at the moment, but might concider putting 225/40/17R on the rear when um up for some new tyres. If i do lower it i will only eirth take the guards out and lower 30mm or leaven em on and lower 15mm
Old 20-01-2006, 10:11 PM   #18
joshf2
striped

on my tyre placard, 17x7 is listed with 205/40R17, ie 595.8mm

incidently 215/25R19 is 590.1mm ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTA document
The outside diameter of the wheel and tyre combination must be no more than 15mm over the largest diameter wheel and tyre combination specified for the vehicle and not more than 15mm below the smallest diameter wheel and tyre combination specified for the vehicle.
so mitch is techinically 0.2mm outside specification, ie 611 - 595.8 = 15.2

unlucky
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 10:45 PM   #19
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Damo... you are asking for trouble if you put thicker tyres on the rear then the front...

Old 20-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #20
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Hey PPS,

Im not too sure if this is relevent but here you go,

When i originally got the rims it was running Goodyear F1 215/45/17R, and with a 27kg sub box it probably lowered the rear about 1cm if that. Now i only got rubbing from the front at full lock and the innerguards in the rear were on the tyre but only just.

Next day went to Tempe, fitted Nankang NS2 215/40/17R and still got slight rubbing only at the back. So i have had to pin back the rear innerguards with cable ties. And it works great even with a full car load.

Im 95% sure I wont lower the car at the moment, but might concider putting 225/40/17R on the rear when um up for some new tyres. If i do lower it i will only eirth take the guards out and lower 30mm or leaven em on and lower 15mm

Watch your load ratings too, lots of the lower profile stuff does'nt have a high enough rating, its got to be equal or higher than the lowest specified on the placard, its a pain in the bum, stuffs up a lot of wheel deals at work. Much of my day is spent chasing up tyres for deals.

Old 21-01-2006, 11:26 AM   #21
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

FezBoy.. noticed something odd about your post. im guessing it was just a typing error...

mitch lx:
205 / 45 R16 - overall diameter 611.0mm

teki04:
205 / 45 R16 - overall diameter 590.9mm

Both of the profiles mentioned were 45. whereas i think the 611.0mm must be for 50 profile is this correct???

is there anyway of calculating how much this has put my speedo out, because im not feeling too confident going through speed cameras the last few days... i always knock about 5kmph off my speed now through cameras.

i would really like to know.. if my speedo says im doing 60kmph what am i actually doing?

Loads of fun :
Old 21-01-2006, 11:47 AM   #22
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

http://www.1010tires.com/tech.asp
Use the tyre size calculator to compare.
very helpful

Old 21-01-2006, 05:34 PM   #23
0xyg3n

The correct size tyre for 17's is 205/35/R17 but have fun trying to fined some in that size. There is a huge range of 205/40 for 17's the down side is the diameter is out to much to be legal. Also when I was looking at 17's most of them had a higher load rating then the 15's. If I remember correctly only the bridgestones I looked at had an incorrect load rating.

mitch lx with a 50 profile ur speedo is gunna be out by a lot lol like 6% out.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 05:45 PM   #24
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xyg3n
The correct size tyre for 17's is 205/35/R17 but have fun trying to fined some in that size. There is a huge range of 205/40 for 17's the down side is the diameter is out to much to be legal. Also when I was looking at 17's most of them had a higher load rating then the 15's. If I remember correctly only the bridgestones I looked at had an incorrect load rating.

mitch lx with a 50 profile ur speedo is gunna be out by a lot lol like 6% out.
so the 205/40R17 tyre size on my tyre placard is incorrect?
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2006, 05:51 PM   #25
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Might I just say that those look absolutely sensational on your car! Always wondered what they'd look like on a Fez and I really REALLY like them.
Old 21-01-2006, 06:09 PM   #26
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

thanks Zetec hehehe

i found out when my speedo says im doing 60. im actually doing about 65-66 lol

lucky that i have been extra cautious through speed cameras :P

Loads of fun :
Old 21-01-2006, 06:23 PM   #27
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xyg3n
The correct size tyre for 17's is 205/35/R17 but have fun trying to fined some in that size. There is a huge range of 205/40 for 17's the down side is the diameter is out to much to be legal.
Im running 215/40/R17 so u saying they are illegal? Then why would i be sold illegal tyres??
Old 21-01-2006, 06:35 PM   #28
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Im running 215/40/R17 so u saying they are illegal? Then why would i be sold illegal tyres??
Did you get them from Tempe Tyres?

Old 21-01-2006, 06:53 PM   #29
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Sure did, Why it shouldnt be an issue??

Anything bigger in profile would give me rubbing and any lower, the ride would be ver harsh.
Old 21-01-2006, 07:03 PM   #30
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Sure did, Why it shouldnt be an issue??

Anything bigger in profile would give me rubbing and any lower, the ride would be ver harsh.
They don't really care if it is illegal.... 20 inch rims on a BMW doesnt sound very legal to me.....