Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-08-2005, 03:31 PM   #1
CM208
Starter Motor

Default New here... few questions.

Hey ya'all...

thinking of buying a Fiesta Zetec for my gf. Just wonder any major concern about the car so far?

Would you mind sharing how much you got the Fiesta for?

Thanks heaps.

p/s: going for a test drive tomorrow at Strapp Ford Burwood.

CM208 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 04:08 PM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

$21500 in September 04. Its an Aquarius Zetec with the optional 16s, floor mats, tint, alarm and european plates.

Hope that helps!

As for concerns about the car.... Nothing really. Im sure she will love how easy it is to park, and drive.... how reliable it is. And, im sure you will probably love the revy engine and great chassis and handling. Ive only had a few little issues with it, but nothing major and leaving the car un-driveable. So.... really, its just a great little small car.

Good luck with the test drive! Let us know your thoughts after the first drive

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 05:38 PM   #3
CM208
Starter Motor

Thanks Teki04.

Another question... other than the usual mod, e.g. CAT-back, rims, air filter. Any other suggestions?
CM208 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 08:59 PM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

lowering, and a powerchip.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2005, 10:02 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
lowering, and a powerchip.
HEY HEY! Thats my idea!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 29-08-2005, 03:56 PM   #6
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

lol its everyones desire
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 29-08-2005, 03:57 PM   #7
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

ps. teki your a freakin post whore. ive been on the forums longer than you and i have 400 less posts than you

Loads of fun :
Old 29-08-2005, 11:47 PM   #8
Danny
GT4.

I got mine Demo for $17 Grand. Its a Colorado Red Fiesta Zetec. Manual with the optional scuff plates and floor mats.

aftermarket I bought the leather gearknob which is nice but thats $150. Great car anyways, I recommend it. Good for someone in my position but maybe i little small for a missus and she may find herself wanting a Focus which is bigger. Its all up to how much you wanna spend really.

cheers,
-Dan
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2005, 02:34 AM   #9
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
I got mine Demo for $17 Grand. Its a Colorado Red Fiesta Zetec. Manual with the optional scuff plates and floor mats.

aftermarket I bought the leather gearknob which is nice but thats $150. Great car anyways, I recommend it. Good for someone in my position but maybe i little small for a missus and she may find herself wanting a Focus which is bigger. Its all up to how much you wanna spend really.

cheers,
-Dan
Pretty good deal. I just saw an Aquarius Zetec, manual... withs mats, 6000km for $19490....DAMN. And also..... in regards to being small, its not too small for a "small" hatch.... its pretty roomy in the front (esp comparing to my cousins Mini Cooper S i just drove!)

And, damn.... if shes your gf im SURE she will like the Fiesta....

Old 31-08-2005, 01:26 AM   #10
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

Get the Zetec...Mine has covered almost 21,000km and not one thing wrong with it (other than tyre failing due to valve failing) and it hasn't missed a beat. Best car in its class by a mile.
Old 31-08-2005, 01:32 AM   #11
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher
Best car in its class by a mile.
I agree. Although, i have some issues to bring up at the first service, all should be good, and i love it! Handles great!

Old 31-08-2005, 01:42 AM   #12
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

As with all cars, some a built on Friday afternoon...its all luck of the draw. But all things considered, I think you will find that most owners will say they are great car for the money they cost. Just think about what else is in its class....

Barina, Echo, Swift, Getz, Jazz, 2...and maybe one or two more...
Old 31-08-2005, 03:11 AM   #13
0xyg3n

paid $20k something for mine hehehe. 04 Flare Zetec (rare colour now :P).

Its lowered 35mm on eibach springs, dark tint, sill plates, mk2 focus gear knob, currently looking for a set of 17" rims :P.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 10:59 AM   #14
lotsy
Feisty

I paid just over 20 for a 5dr Lx

so far shes tinted, got front fog lights, clear side repeaters, clear LED brake light and clear tail lights
lotsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 07:10 PM   #15
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im still paying off the 19k for the 3dr Lx ^_____^ i love this car!
she would love the fez (:
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2005, 07:16 PM   #16
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
im still paying off the 19k for the 3dr Lx ^_____^ i love this car!
she would love the fez (:
Werent they $13990 + onroads? Well, $15990 + onroads for the auto....

Old 31-08-2005, 07:50 PM   #17
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

LX 3 door is $17,990 drive away at the moment...come with air and manual.

So yeah 19K is where full retail would be.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:19 AM   #18
Danny
GT4.

They can be costly for what they are, But drive one and you'll see where the extra dosh goes into....
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-09-2005, 01:44 AM   #19
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher
LX 3 door is $17,990 drive away at the moment...come with air and manual.

So yeah 19K is where full retail would be.
DUDE! Ive seen the local dealer with $13990 with air but + on roads.... so i think thats cheaper then $17990

Old 01-09-2005, 07:45 AM   #20
Cypher
Fiesta Zetec

The $17,990 is the promotional price Ford are doing at the moment. I am sure if you try hard enough, it can be gotten cheaper than that.

So on your pricing Teki, that would be close to $16,500 drive away.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:11 AM   #21
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got mine for 22g. 03 Build Zetec I got one fo the last zetec's in sydney and had to order it 2weeks before official release day. Was great to drive it around when NO one had them.

I really wanted Flare but they didn't ahve any left :(
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2005, 02:57 AM   #22
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
I got mine for 22g. 03 Build Zetec I got one fo the last zetec's in sydney and had to order it 2weeks before official release day. Was great to drive it around when NO one had them.

I really wanted Flare but they didn't ahve any left :(
22grand... with no options or accessories?! : The Colorado red isnt even metalic... :

And what do you mean last zetec's.... they still sell em. I guess you mean last of the first batch that came....

Old 02-09-2005, 03:00 AM   #23
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

CM208.... what were you thoughts of the test drive?!? What else are you looking at?

Old 02-09-2005, 06:46 AM   #24
joshf2
striped

not that metallic paint adds a huge amount to the final figure
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #25
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was the last Zetec from the origianl batch. The price included paint protection, floor mats and an alarm system (not a ford unit). The price I was given without an options was 20g and the alarm alone cost and extra 1g.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2005, 02:46 AM   #26
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
It was the last Zetec from the origianl batch. The price included paint protection, floor mats and an alarm system (not a ford unit). The price I was given without an options was 20g and the alarm alone cost and extra 1g.
DAMN! Thats expensive IMO.... i got Aquarius (metallic, but really its almost free), 16s, alarm, tint, floor mats.... all for $21,500....

Old 03-09-2005, 01:06 PM   #27
joshf2
striped

ha

mine was over 22k as well, and all i got was floor mats, scuff plates, dash mat and factory premium alarm

they wanted to hit me with 495 extra for the tint, which i told them to stick, and ended up getting from the same bloke who wouldve done it for 140. and its 15% which ford cant do legally
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2005, 11:56 PM   #28
0xyg3n

some reason I dont think CM208 is coming back.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2005, 08:58 AM   #29
Al...

I paid 20k for '05 zetec (aquarias) with floor mats, bonnet protector, weather shields and 17" wheels
Al... is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2005, 03:48 PM   #30
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al...
I paid 20k for '05 zetec (aquarias) with floor mats, bonnet protector, weather shields and 17" wheels
HEY! Im guessing by the other thread about you being in Sydney (Moorebank suspension something rather).... Do you also have a rear wing? Im pretty sure i saw an aquarius Zetec on the City-West Link 2 days ago heading west-bound.... and it had Rims on it