Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-05-2019, 11:24 PM   #931
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Finally the revolt. My 90 something year old grandparents joined the movement. Tuesday dinners they used to just comply with where my mum wanted to go for convenience. Both my kid and I disagreed. After a few private phonecalls between me grandparents who prefer one place over the place my mum the tyrant preasured it into a 3 over 2 vote, it got overturned. Food is better, cheaper, the place is way more kid friendly, previously the kid being a turd was my problem, not when he has a chocolate crane machine that burns all my gold coins, but i dont mind. So now its 4 to 1. And we get picnics and other crane machine things. And i get away under $50 fornme and the kid for a meal.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2019, 07:05 PM   #932
Kicking back

Got some great news this morning. The work team bonding event everyone but the 4 new guys was dreading, as the boss always turns it into 3 hours of work related issues, was happening today, and he didnt attend. So it was just an outing with the boys and work didnt get mentioned once. It was a good just to catch up, especially without the boss noting what we say, in that when he is around we dont speak of any of the funny fails people have and stuff like that to cover ourselves.
This user likes this post:
Old 26-05-2019, 10:06 PM   #933
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Painkillers.

Only regret is not taking them sooner!
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-05-2019, 10:33 PM   #934
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Taking the panel van down a lot of the dirt roads I had never followed before and finding where they eventually led me. Great day to kick up the dust and get lost.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2019, 09:34 PM   #935
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Recovering from a state of high anxiety when the pet's tracking tag showed him a kilometre away, right near the local vet. Fortunately, it was a dodgy signal and he was warming the neighbour's doormat.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-05-2019, 09:54 PM   #936
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Dropping my BTR again for the 4th time this year... I just love laying under my car dreaming about the day we can be as one without all the disruption !
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2019, 03:45 PM   #937
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Winning this battle for a customer. Pan collar was epoxied in and pedestal heavily mudded up. An hour of my time to get it out safely, vs half that to smash it away. So he’s paying $45 more upfront to save $80 or more net when I simply refix the pan. A dollar is a dollar.

Old 30-05-2019, 06:09 PM   #938
Kicking back

So 1 of my clients does the facilities management for the branches for a bank and a travel agent chain. Its not the actual jobs that i dont like, its more parking in shopping centres where i dont know where the shop front is. Reason being i usually end up parking in the car park thats furthest away from where the job is. Shopping centres dont like people taking ladders through them etc during hours, and shop staff never want to hang around out of hours. But in the past 2 days i have had 3 of these jobs in shopping centres and lucked out and parked as close as possible for all 3. I can sneak in and out without any of lovely conversations with centre security where i have to politly say well im here now. And one of the jobs in a travel agent today i fixed the world. Well, the light box with the world map on it. Sounds more impressive saying i fixed the world but, now the world lights up because of me....
Old 31-05-2019, 08:25 PM   #939
Kicking back

Every 6 months i have to test the emergency lights in this one building. Its a computerised system. Because the testing is quoted, im only given 2 hours every 6 months to fault find. For the past 3 years level 3 hasnt communicated with the system, so we test manually, and for 6 rounds of 2 hours ive been tracing out comms cabling and just getting frustrated. I had another tradesman give me a hand today so i let him take charge on doing the drawings, i was just a set of hands. This gave me some thinking time. The other bloke went to hang a brad pitt so i did some of the google, i know how to install and use the system, but how the system actually works. 5 kgs lighter my colleague emerges and i pitched my idea. Id been thinking aloud for a while and we were going back and forth with ideas, he knew nothing about tye system. So my idea was a long shot, but just before the system stopped working the floor had been worked on and we had physically proved the comms cabling was fine. So my pitch was computers only do what you tell them to. He was sceptical of my claim but we took a shot. So out of the 90 fittings only 5 communicated, and they werent the first 5 in the daisy chain which was what sparked my illogical logic. So we tried my idea, then 6 talked, then 7, all the way till 12 then i made the call to my manager and said the issue and the fix. Not knowing the problem is why he couldnt quote the repair previously. So hes happy being able to quote it. Im over the moon this weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and now im not the only one able to make repairs to the system. So had i been given the time to think about it 3 years ago, not just preasured into the whole its a cable fault, which there were about 6, but nothing that would wipe out comms to 85 fittings, it would have saved me a lot of frustration. Even the other tradesman i was working with feels 10 foot tall and bullet proof, he was my apprentice when the issue happened and seen my frustrations, but is still proud to know the fix.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:16 PM   #940
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Had a buyer for my car turn up out of the blue after no communication for three weeks and he saw that i had it apart for improvements.

He complained i shouldn't advertise it for sale if it isn't fit for purpose and that i had wasted his time ??

Whatever that meant .. anyway he didnt want it now as he couldn't drive it, so i am bolting it back together with a few more new bits and then it is no longer up for sale

And that made me feel very good today
2 users like this post:
Old 05-06-2019, 06:02 PM   #941
Kicking back

I was telling 2 guys i work with about what happened yeasterday, and the general response was how the hell did you manage that? I didnt do anything. So what happened was i went to do a job. Everyone i work with agrees that the lady on reception is a looker, but no one even knows her name. Shes like speaking to a brick wall, you only ever get a yes or no answer. Anyhow i speak with the facilities manager and do the job, on my way out i ask the lady on reception to email the facilities manager as they were in a meeting. Just as im about to get in a lift she pulls me up and introduced herself. I said politely its nice to put a name to a face. Long story short we chatted for 10 minutes and she was flirting hard. Yes she has my number so she can throw the first stone. To the boys its like i just cracked a safe, but all i did was nothing.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:08 PM   #942
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

That the rotor button on my Caprice was completely rooted and the car still ran fine

Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2019, 11:06 AM   #943
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Listening to Song for Guy by Elton John.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-06-2019, 07:59 PM   #944
XR.1967
XR 1967

Seeing this today..

If you want to know why please go here..
https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11460352

Last edited by XR.1967; 07-06-2019 at 08:12 PM.
XR.1967 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2019, 06:16 AM   #945
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The US cop that shot up the Aussie chick was just sentenced to 12.5 years. I hope her family feel that justice has been served but obviously will not bring her back. At least it is some closure.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2019, 09:20 PM   #946
Kicking back

Self confidence is really high at the moment. So its been a long time having issues with my left arm, nerve stuff. Vibrations werent the best. Theyd make my left arm give up. But i kicked goals over the long weekend smashing out lawns and stuff with no repercussions. I get that mowing and edging a lawn doesnt sound amazing, but being able to do it for more then say half an hour without spending the next few days with 1 arm in a brace and not working is great. So after spending time fixing my snipper, i spent probably 3 to 4 hours a day over the past 3 days getting stuff done, and i still have 2 functional hands. Im over the moon to have put in the work and not sidelined myself, its been a long time.
2 users like this post:
Old 11-06-2019, 05:43 PM   #947
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Bolted my BF car back together with a few more blingy things...

Forums would be a boring place if people didn't modify their ride and share info but i have learned my lesson.
Old 14-06-2019, 06:00 PM   #948
falcon_bandit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bought a new set of remington hair clippers, and reading the precaution page & the usual "do not put near water" etc........ it also warned me .....

....."do not use on someone when theyre asleep" hahaha
falcon_bandit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2019, 02:19 AM   #949
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Valerian, Russian grade.

Konfetka has got me to try it as an attempt to ward off my insomnia. I don’t get overly stressed about being awake several hours in the night other than disliking being so tired and sluggish in the morning (sort of a logical outcome ).

I have to say that despite my cynicism it does seem to be engendering a more relaxed state.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-06-2019, 03:41 PM   #950
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Finishing these 50+ ton drystone retaining walls after 2 months work, both battered and curved. They consist of hand picked, hand cut and dressed granite.
(walls are 29mtrs X 1.5mtrs and 23mtrs X 1.5mtrs splayed ends)

Just to make it more difficult, the poor owner couldn't get a brickie to lay the odd sized colonial bricks for the stairs so for the first time in 20+ years I did brickwork.
Another beautiful place to work high up on the hillside, looking back towards the snow covered alps.
I get to have a few days off before heading over that same hill to another farm with similar requirements.

Old 18-06-2019, 03:46 PM   #951
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Nice work, how thick at the base, how deep into the foundation?
Old 18-06-2019, 04:13 PM   #952
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Base stones are 750 900mm (deep) thick (2 1/2ft to 3ft) with a rubble back fill tapering up on the inside.with 2m spaced internal buttresses.
750 900mm base 400mm top.

Base stones form the foundations and allow the walls to settle, being drystone, water is allowed to pass straight through the surface so it doesn't build up behind.

Last edited by roKWiz; 18-06-2019 at 04:42 PM.
Old 18-06-2019, 05:14 PM   #953
Kicking back

Was sent to a job at 6am today. Nothing major, but i knew i was walking into a **** storm as both of the other service guys had tried to fix the issue and failed, and the shop owner was angry. All 3 of us are scared of this man hating lesbo. She could beat us all up in 1 go. So i met the she hulk and didnt say id heard what the other boys had done, i just said let me look at it. Turns out both the other guys were too involved messing with a timer to not notice the on off auto switch was turned to off. When thats off, the timer does nothing even if its working correctly. Because this lady was ****ed off, i didnt tell her how simple the fix was and went with the timer story she had been fed, but then explained the function of the lighting system with the after hours sensors and override off switches and what the during hours timer is set to. That calmed the farm really quick. Shes probably still going to bash the other 2 blokes i work with, but not me. Its probably not so much because i sorted her issue, probably more because im incredibly good looking. Dunno, but thats my theory.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-06-2019, 09:09 PM   #954
Kicking back

Well, after i picked my kid up from school, hadnt seen him in a while we went for dinner. Im genuinely proud of the young blokes efforts. So we went for dinner with just my mum and for a change we went to an asian noodle restaraunt. My kids never used chopsticks before. Yes forks were an option. But before dinner came out i tried to show him how to use chopsticks, but im left handed and he is not. So he couldnt do it. Whatever i thought. But when he was telling stories about school and stuff with the sticks in his hand i pulled him up. He was getting it. He did not drop a thing when eating. My mum always uses chopsticks eating asian cuisine but makes a mess because she isnt any good at it. I can use chopsticks fine, but forks are more efficient, but we all were on the sticks tonight and for his first time the little unit did excellent. I get it a large enough percentage of the world use chopsticks every day, but i know hardly anybody who can use them well, and my kid smashed his plate of beef on hokein.
3 users like this post:
Old 18-06-2019, 11:48 PM   #955
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

94% Mussolini
3% Hitler
3% Hussein

100% Halal

DNA test results - I paid $150 for some nerd in a smock and safety glasses to tell me what I already knew
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-06-2019, 01:14 AM   #956
Kicking back

Another tuesday. So thats my night to take my kid for dinner. My mum comes along and brings the oldies. Typically if my grandma is sick my grandpa wont leave her side, and grandma is the same if grandpa is sick. Grandpa has had a cold/flu for a few days, being almost 93 things like that are a bit more serious with the cold weather so i assumed grandma wouldnt be coming to dinner. But no, grandma was keen for the tuesday night outing. My mum picked her up and she got her fish and chips. Shes 92 but tuesdays are the day she looks forward to because theres a menu with more then 2 options. And also i have a feeling she likes seeing my little bloke (i only have 5 kgs on him and he is not even 10 yet, however he is 5 foot and im a string bean and 6"2')
Old 26-06-2019, 10:20 AM   #957
marty351
Shenanigans..............

$150? The Hebrew wasn't left out.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2019, 11:13 AM   #958
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I think he’s claiming 3% fully kosher.
Old 26-06-2019, 02:49 PM   #959
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Drove up the coast to tidy up a small comeback job, and ended up picking my two and half year old grandson while up there, so he's spent the day driving around with us. The little dude always makes us smile and laugh, so turned a lost few hours into something i wouldn't trade for anything.. (ended up takeways on Orewa beach with sun out)

Last edited by five 7; 26-06-2019 at 03:09 PM.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-06-2019, 03:02 PM   #960
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
That the rotor button on my Caprice was completely rooted and the car still ran fine

Is your cap and rotor out of phase.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post