Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 26-01-2014, 10:16 PM   #151
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Default Re: WZ Fiesta ST Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post
The seats in the standard Wt fiesta fit me nicely. 186cm tall and 90kg
I had a WS Zetec previously and the seats aren't nearly as snug as the (awesome) Recaros. They're snug in a good way.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #152
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Righto, cheers.

What's real world fuel usage like, my average speed over a week of commuting is 50 kph?
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2014, 10:51 PM   #153
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Righto, cheers.

What's real world fuel usage like, my average speed over a week of commuting is 50 kph?
I'll have to check my average speed, but my ST gets 7.6L per hundred.
This user likes this post:
Old 27-01-2014, 04:39 AM   #154
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81 View Post
Jealous... Performance paired with economy, that's amazing. My TL is 15L per 100 and that's driving carefully. Luckily work is only 5kms away!

I'm highly considering a fiesta st more and more, slap it on the mortgage? :-P
Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2014, 12:04 PM   #155
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Checked my average speed today, and its also 50kph martinjosh. So 7.6L (which shows as 7.1L on the DTE) is realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese3 View Post
Jealous... Performance paired with economy, that's amazing. My TL is 15L per 100 and that's driving carefully. Luckily work is only 5kms away!

I'm highly considering a fiesta st more and more, slap it on the mortgage? :-P
Yeah the Fez ST is faster in a straight line than my AU2 XR8 (new, stock) but drinks almost half as much fuel, handles like a go kart, and has all the mod cons!

If you afford it, get one! You won't regret it.
Old 27-01-2014, 02:00 PM   #156
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

That was part of my reasoning... currently paying 2x 4 cylinder rego and 2x 6 cylinder rego, and commuting 80km to and from work each day in an xr6t using about 12.0L/100km actual.

Even with loan repayments I should be better off...
Old 27-01-2014, 03:51 PM   #157
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
That was part of my reasoning... currently paying 2x 4 cylinder rego and 2x 6 cylinder rego, and commuting 80km to and from work each day in an xr6t using about 12.0L/100km actual.

Even with loan repayments I should be better off...
Yeah you'd be saving $4X.00 a week on fuel plus cheaper rego/insurance.
Old 28-01-2014, 10:51 AM   #158
Swoopdown

Go the Fiesta ST youll love it.

Depending on the road you drive, road noise is minimal... but the suspension can be abit hard over pot holes.

Great to park around the city in those tight spots. easy fit for 3 p/adults.
Or 3 surfboards

Average 8.6L with some fun but not going crazy.

Black picks up dirt like a magnet but looks great at night

the interior quality is good but i didnt buy it for that. I bought it for a great balance of driving with fuel economy and the hatch

I havent heard of any new updates coming, but I wouldnt be surprised if Oz could later order ST's with Euro specs like the sat nav or leather seats, etc...
Swoopdown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #159
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoopdown View Post
Go the Fiesta ST youll love it.

Depending on the road you drive, road noise is minimal... but the suspension can be abit hard over pot holes.
Used to coilovers on max firmness in a car with the sound deadening removed with no mufflers and gear whine, so should be all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoopdown View Post
I havent heard of any new updates coming, but I wouldnt be surprised if Oz could later order ST's with Euro specs like the sat nav or leather seats, etc...
The Focus ST has been here for over a year now hasn't it? AFAIK they still only offer the ST2/3 mix pack for Aus.
Old 31-01-2014, 11:14 PM   #160
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone found any black aftermarket rims for the ST that aren't multi fit?
Not a fan of having 8holes for only four studs, haven't found anything yet that doesn't.
Old 31-01-2014, 11:48 PM   #161
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd dad View Post
Anyone found any black aftermarket rims for the ST that aren't multi fit?
Not a fan of having 8holes for only four studs, haven't found anything yet that doesn't.
Slightly different pcd and use wobble bolts/lugs
Old 01-02-2014, 01:20 AM   #162
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy...ta/mk6/17-inch

Personally, I love these, Momo Revenge, and they're not too expensive.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 02:39 AM   #163
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

Ive booked a test drive, I don't think its a wise decision lol

As for wheels I cant go past Enkei RP03, dunno if they make the correct pattern/size of them for the fiesta but its just my favourite style of wheel.
Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #164
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Had my test drive this morning.

Awesome little car, DEFINITELY notice the fact that there's no overboost in first but the pickup in second is excellent.

Molten Orange looks amazing in the metal, the pictures make it look terrible but it honestly looks great, orange gloss with gold metallic flake.

Unfortunately I've missed the 2.9% finance which I'm a bit miffed about, but I've been given a quote for $28,480 drive away on a DEMO unit. Does this seem about right given the limited supply of these cars?

I've given a deposit pending finance and trade in offer.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:38 PM   #165
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Had my test drive this morning.

Awesome little car, DEFINITELY notice the fact that there's no overboost in first but the pickup in second is excellent.

Molten Orange looks amazing in the metal, the pictures make it look terrible but it honestly looks great, orange gloss with gold metallic flake.

Unfortunately I've missed the 2.9% finance which I'm a bit miffed about, but I've been given a quote for $28,480 drive away on a DEMO unit. Does this seem about right given the limited supply of these cars?

I've given a deposit pending finance and trade in offer.
Yeah in the wrong picture the molten orange looks ordinary, but in person...omg. And yes, the party really gets stated from 2nd gear onwards.

I paid 28.5k for mine brand new and got a great trade in from a very enthusiastic dealership.

How many kms dis the demo have on it? I guess it comes down to them offering you a good overall deal on the trade. I wasnt aware 2.9% applied to the STs, it's a shame you missed out!
Old 01-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #166
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Quote:
Yeah in the wrong picture the molten orange looks ordinary, but in person...omg. And yes, the party really gets stated from 2nd gear onwards.

I paid 28.5k for mine brand new and got a great trade in from a very enthusiastic dealership.

How many kms dis the demo have on it? I guess it comes down to them offering you a good overall deal on the trade. I wasnt aware 2.9% applied to the STs, it's a shame you missed out!
The demo has about 1800 on it but for some reason they won't release it until it hits 2600km, I think the sales manager is using it as his daily, like a pro...

They guaranteed me 28.5k for a new one but I'd have to wait until the 2014 shipments arrive in april-may. The salesman I had was also a trainee, took about an hour to actually get a price solid price, and that was after a half hour test drive

I might make a couple of calls and see if I can get a better price than that.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:54 PM   #167
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Hmmm, it's up to you...but if it were me I'd want a brand new one for 28.5K

As for the 2600km thing, Stuff the sales manager, if he wants to drive an ST he should stump up the cash instead of driving someone else's. :P
Old 01-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #168
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Well I've been watching the carsales entries since they first became available and I've noticed a slow price rise across the board, how long have you had yours?
Old 01-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #169
clem0x

Hey mate I'm sure u should be able to get mid 27s if u haggle more this is for new.. So 28.5 for a demo they are taking u for a ride

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2014, 05:14 PM   #170
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Well I've been watching the carsales entries since they first became available and I've noticed a slow price rise across the board, how long have you had yours?
I was offered my ST for 28.5K a week before they went sale, by a (country) dealership that was very eager to please. 3 hour round trip but it was worth it! It could be worth trying some dealerships out in the sticks for a good price.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #171
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Yeah well I've just called a more local dealer and the guy I spoke to said I should definitely be in a new car for that money.

Called another one just now to discuss prices and he seemed happy to do 27.5 for a new car incl. metallic paint. Meeting with them on Monday and will get the xr6t assessed for trade at the same time
Old 01-02-2014, 11:40 PM   #172
Skramit

For reference paid 27500 for mine, 60km on the clock.
Skramit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2014, 01:53 AM   #173
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you're trading something in, focus on the "changeover" rather than the asking price of the Fiesta. They can juggle the figures all they want, but you don't want the cheapest sale price if the trade-in is on the low side.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-02-2014, 02:51 AM   #174
clem0x

I agree, you are better off getting a ballpark figure of how much your car is "worth" for a cash trade at one of the cash for cars places if your not going to sell privately. They normally can quote u on the spot., then compare with what the dealer will give u on changeover and accept nothing less, otherwise Ur better off selling Ur car for cash then buying the fist

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #175
Swoopdown

I paid 29k for black, dark sun/tint, b/w plates. They were orginally listed for around 30 if i remember right. I didnt negotiate much on it coz i wanted it after driving other cars for so long.

Got NRMA insurance for about $1200 with $650 excess.

I orginally ordered blue after looking inside ConST's showroom example. but they couldnt get one. So took a black they transferred from vic after three months.

The guys comments about your trade in are pretty spot on. I had a corolla for trade in but ended up selling it privately for more money.

Biggest thing to worry about is supply for the colour you want.

And make sure any contract has all details filled out not just the price. get a VIN number, delivery date, colour, options, kilometres, before you sign and deposit monies!!
Swoopdown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2014, 01:21 PM   #176
Pursya

Don't forget all stock that is currently available is 2013 plated.
And dealers hate having last years plate on the lot.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2014, 09:24 PM   #177
Skramit

This is more a comment/rant than a question.

I was told I would get free RACV roadside as part of my ST purchase as long as I keep servicing my vehicle at ford for 7 years and that ford would essentially take over payment of my RACV. Woot. Good deal.

However what I since found out is that Ford does not fake over payment of your existing membership, it simply pays for it as a separate deal not part of your membership. I feel the deal was misrepresented by the dealer when I made the purchase.

So when ringing to remove my old car from from my RACV the guy told me it effectively cancels my 12 years of membership and I lose my silver card. Sure not the end of the world but it's 10% discount off any RACV product having a silver card. So I either pay $27 per year to keep my card for no reason other than when I rejoin in 7 years I still have a silver card. Not worth it.

So gonna just give up my 12 year membership which is a shame. I'm just annoyed this was not communicated to me at time of purchase and the dealer made it very clear ford would take over paying for my membership to RACV, the catch is it doesn't continue your years of service. I still come our ahead with free roadside assistance but just posting this coz I assume the Ford dealer either had no idea this was the case and gave me incorrect info.

Endrant, first world problem :p
Old 05-02-2014, 09:51 PM   #178
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skramit View Post

I was told I would get free RACV roadside as part of my ST purchase as long as I keep servicing my vehicle at ford for 7 years and that ford would essentially take over payment of my RACV. Woot. Good deal.

However what I since found out is that Ford does not fake over payment of your existing membership, it simply pays for it as a separate deal not part of your membership. I feel the deal was misrepresented by the dealer when I made the purchase.

So when ringing to remove my old car from from my RACV the guy told me it effectively cancels my 12 years of membership and I lose my silver card. Sure not the end of the world but it's 10% discount off any RACV product having a silver card. So I either pay $27 per year to keep my card for no reason other than when I rejoin in 7 years I still have a silver card. Not worth it.

So gonna just give up my 12 year membership which is a shame. I'm just annoyed this was not communicated to me at time of purchase and the dealer made it very clear ford would take over paying for my membership to RACV, the catch is it doesn't continue your years of service. I still come our ahead with free roadside assistance but just posting this coz I assume the Ford dealer either had no idea this was the case and gave me incorrect info.

Just checked my RACV account online, the Ford roadside assist has been added to my account, but my silver card is still valid.

Last edited by LeadFoot81; 05-02-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:52 PM   #179
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skramit View Post

Same issue up here. (NRMA up in NSW) After bad experiences with Ford dealers (seperate story) ive kept my NRMA membership and plan to upgrade it to Roadside assist shortly, as it costs a similar amount to get my car serviced at Ultratune and to keep my NRMA membership. Plus i get what i feel to be a better service.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:07 PM   #180
Skramit

Quote:
Just checked my RACV account online, the Food roadside assist has been added to my account, but my silver card is still valid.

Roadside assist only, not insurance. $85 a year saving. I still win.

Again just annoyed dealer told me how it works incorrectly.