Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #121
clem0x

Default Re: WZ Fiesta ST Questions Thread

Hey to all the Frozen White ST owners, can you please tell me if the white is a metallic or pearlescent white? And if not, was there was a paint discount for having white over the metallic colours? I'm tossing up between a white or a red ST.

Cheers
clem0x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #122
aratic

Focus or Fiesta? FW is the only non premium colour so any other colours attract a surcharge of around $495 from memory
Old 15-01-2014, 06:08 PM   #123
mrmavx
Molten Orange Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aratic View Post
Focus or Fiesta? FW is the only non premium colour so any other colours attract a surcharge of around $495 from memory
the red is also a solid colour with no premium charged, also we in australia are very lucky with the price of molten orange on the fiesta st as it is a tri color paint that is approx $1100 option in the states or about 750 pounds in the uk which is substantialy more than the metallic is priced at, yet here in Aus it is the one price for all non solid colors

cheers mrmavx
mrmavx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-01-2014, 02:16 AM   #124
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has anyone seen a Blue ST in any dealerships in Melbourne
or really in Vic anywhere? Found a few orange and a Black
so far but no Blue. Will be chasing one on Wednesday so
hoping to see one in the flesh. Drove the Fiesta Metal
last Wed , really liked the look of it but low down perf
was a bit lacking for mine
Old 20-01-2014, 10:14 AM   #125
Swoopdown

Blue and White are the most sort after colours.
Swoopdown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #126
DreadlyST

Any Sydney siders up for a FiST cruise nxt weekend on Sat 25th.
Details and replies here: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11412198
DreadlyST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2014, 09:40 PM   #127
Skramit

Way to fire up Dreadly! Hehe.
Skramit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2014, 09:43 PM   #128
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoopdown View Post
Blue and White are the most sort after colours.
Any colour is hard to get, no sooner in the yard than they are driving out again seems to be the order of the day. Might have to settle for orange or hope for the next shipment to have a better range of colours.
Old 21-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #129
Cheese3
The BEST Falcon is the AU

Whats the chances of the 5 door hatch coming to australia? My mum would love one to replace her current euro build zetec fiesta but wants 5 doors and she refuses to buy a Thai built zetec. I am also interested in a Fiesta ST but want 5 doors.

It seems ford are really hurting themselves in sales by only introducting the 3 door hatch...
Cheese3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #130
cainen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese3 View Post
Whats the chances of the 5 door hatch coming to australia? My mum would love one to replace her current euro build zetec fiesta but wants 5 doors and she refuses to buy a Thai built zetec. I am also interested in a Fiesta ST but want 5 doors.

It seems ford are really hurting themselves in sales by only introducting the 3 door hatch...
No chance. The 5 door ST is built in Mexico and designed for the US market only.
cainen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2014, 10:13 AM   #131
Swoopdown

I got lucky with my black ST.

I originally ordered Blue in Sept 2013 after seeing ConST blue one in the shop. there was no advised delivery date. I got informed around november that there was a shipment(s) coming in this year and i could wait for potential blue one. The dealership at powerford in castle hill managed to swap a new ford truck thingy for a black ST in victoria that week though.

And I had a week to decide to take it because other NSW dealers/customers were calling them for it.

PS the day I ordered with powerford there was a blue and black on still on the market, i think one was in liverpool but cbf driving there.

In saying that white and blue are the most sort after I meant from listening to the dealer explain the shipments i.e. one white, one blue, one black, two orange and maybe red. are on a order of merit with dealers.

But things might have changed.

The five door would have been handy for my use.
However I have been putting in a 8ft mini-mal, and 6ft short board at the same time in through the hatch with the front passenger recaro reclined back.
While ive got long legs I can also have a mate behind me

Now I had a corolla which was bigger and couldnt do that without roof racks.

Given you havent got one yet, any ST that now comes to Australia should have a later build date and I heard someone got illuminated door sills, so any new one coming your better off than me.

As for the thai built ones, I have read faults regarding early models about the windshield rubber seal not done properly but i think theyve fixed that, it was a newish facility. They moved production to thailand for the basic model fiestas and focus to improve costing iam pretty sure. But if you see a car factory theres not much in terms of physical labour. Id be more concerned about quality controls and inspections.

If you have decided on what model than go compare them for built quality, talk to people who've owned one. I love my ST so far no issues.

Ive got a bmw 328i and a mate has one as well. These arent even a year old and mines had to have the fuel injector replaced cos it was flooding the cyclinder with fuel! my mates has had the steering rack replaced and now in the shop for turbo bearings. While i drive abit more conversatively to him, you wouldnt expect that from a $80k car thats only a few months old. Maybe its just our models. oh iam sure someone might mention it but i think its built in south africa or something.

If you buy new you should be covered with warranty, the bmws are all under warranty, they give you a free tow from anywhere, even though it might take two hours to get there. and a courtesy car under certain conditions. oh a bottle of bmw water -_-

Last edited by Swoopdown; 21-01-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 22-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #132
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After much searching and not finding much we ended up buying an orange one.
Pick up maybe Friday waiting on reg and a full size spare to arrive
Old 22-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #133
Skramit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd dad View Post
After much searching and not finding much we ended up buying an orange one.
Pick up maybe Friday waiting on reg and a full size spare to arrive

Great call. Orange is sexy!! And beats having to wait 4 months for a blue.
Old 22-01-2014, 06:31 PM   #134
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skramit View Post
Great call. Orange is sexy!! And beats having to wait 4 months for a blue.
Looks much better in the flesh, even waiting still no guarantee on getting blue as so few coming and some already spoken for
Old 23-01-2014, 05:33 PM   #135
Skramit

Default WZ Fiesta ST Questions Thread

Any of u guys done a track day yet?

Couple of Qs:
Do I need a special license to do a track day?
How much do they generally cost? Eg Philip island or Sandown or whatever.
What does a rookie need to know before even thinking about attending and flogging my car for a bit? Insurance implications? Warranty?
Old 23-01-2014, 06:27 PM   #136
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Will be no insurance as soon as you set foot on the track
Prob ditto warranty if Ford get wind of it as well
Old 23-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #137
Skramit

It's a fair assumption. Just wondering if anyone has more certain answers. I will check my insurance policy :p
Old 24-01-2014, 08:29 AM   #138
cainen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skramit View Post
Any of u guys done a track day yet?

Couple of Qs:
Do I need a special license to do a track day?
How much do they generally cost? Eg Philip island or Sandown or whatever.
What does a rookie need to know before even thinking about attending and flogging my car for a bit? Insurance implications? Warranty?
I have done one track day so far in the Fiesta ST. I've done 3 or 4 with my previous xr4. They are brilliant fun. If you can manage to go with a group on a private track day they are much better than the open public days, though public days are still pretty fun.

You'll need a cams licence or the track may give you a special licence for that particular track. There's no testing or anything, you just pay them the money and they give you the licence. I would have to look up how much they cost but it wasn't that much.

I'm not in Vic but track days normally seem to be around $150 for the day. The tracks' websites would tell you and give a calendar of upcoming events.

Obviously make sure your car's in good nick before you go. Take anything loose out as it will fly around on the track and damage something. A tyre pressure gauge is a good idea too as your tyre's pressure increases as they heat up and you may need to let some air out. Also when you finish a session don't put your handbrake on as it can crack the disks when they're really hot.

No insurance policy will cover you on the track but you'd have to be doing something pretty silly, especially in a Fez St, to get into that much trouble. Don't tell Ford you've been to track days and you'll be right with warranty. I wouldn't let the risks put you off. You bought a performance hatch, you might as well drive it like it's designed for. Something you can't do on public roads.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
Old 24-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #139
Skramit

Thanks cainen good advice. I looked up PI and Sandown. Both have organised events with Adrenaline and that other website at $350 a day. Seems steep. Am I better off contacting the tracks directly to find out if they have other track days on offer or go via the car club route.... Hmmm.

I'm not worried about insurance so much for crashing but more about car warranty if something breaks or overheats etc.
Old 24-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #140
Swoopdown

Iam surprised theres no info for your area on this forum... Pretty sure thered be a member to hook you up.

Great tip on the tyres and handbrake, didnt think of that.

Depending on how many laps you might want to look at higher temp brake pads. But someone said wasnt too bad for just getting to know the track.

I thought you had to have a helmet? makes you drive faster?
Old 24-01-2014, 10:00 AM   #141
cainen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoopdown View Post

I thought you had to have a helmet?
You'll definitely need a helmet yes. They can be hired at the track (at least the two tracks I've been to) if you don't own one.
Old 25-01-2014, 04:33 PM   #142
jumbuck
Starter Motor

Just driven the Clio RS Cup and the Fiesta ST and they really are such different cars to drive. Clio felt really heavy whilst the Fiesta was really nimble and much more fun (to me anyway). Although I would have preferred an auto I certainly won't go for the Clio after driving the Fiesta.
Two questions, what is the road noise like on the highway with the standard tyres and is there an updated model coming out some time this year? I have a found a white one that I can get now but being a 2013 model I was curious if there would be any changes to the ones coming in over the next few months.
jumbuck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #143
Skramit

Road noise is fine in my opinion no better or worse than any other cars I've driven. Doubt there will be an update in 2014....
Old 25-01-2014, 11:08 PM   #144
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

road noise was pretty good in the short drive we took in ours. Much much better than the Fiesta Metal I drove the week before. Wondering if some dynamat or similar in the hatch would make it even better?
Old 26-01-2014, 01:12 PM   #145
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Got my test drive of a molten orange ST booked in for next Saturday, anything I should be aware of?

I'm used to driving around a 1,000kg hatch with semi slicks and coilovers so I think the ride quality (which I've heard comments about) will be fine for me.

I find the Focus ST seats pinch my legs and torso, what are the Fiesta seats like after an extended drive?

How does the getup feel in 1st/2nd gear? Bit worried about that being used to an xr6t, but I'm happy with the acceleration in my golf which only has around 90kw

I guess my plan at the moment is to drive the fiesta and the focus back to back, and if I like the fiesta put in an order for a performance blue one??
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #146
Skramit

2nd gear is a blast. Plenty of torque pull once you get past 2500rpm. You really need to bury your foot hard to get the extra HP to kick in so don't be shy.
Old 26-01-2014, 08:36 PM   #147
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post
Got my test drive of a molten orange ST booked in for next Saturday, anything I should be aware of?

I'm used to driving around a 1,000kg hatch with semi slicks and coilovers so I think the ride quality (which I've heard comments about) will be fine for me.

I find the Focus ST seats pinch my legs and torso, what are the Fiesta seats like after an extended drive?

How does the getup feel in 1st/2nd gear? Bit worried about that being used to an xr6t, but I'm happy with the acceleration in my golf which only has around 90kw

I guess my plan at the moment is to drive the fiesta and the focus back to back, and if I like the fiesta put in an order for a performance blue one??
Methinks you'll prefer the Fiesta, but you can't go wrong either way! 1st gear is good if you launch it hard, otherwise it's not the car's strongest point. Every other gear will push you back in your seat and make you giggle like a school boy(or girl)

The seats hug you quite firmly, if you're a big guy you might not love them until they loosen up.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2014, 08:38 PM   #148
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFoot81 View Post
Methinks you'll prefer the Fiesta, but you can't go wrong either way! 1st gear is good if you launch it hard, otherwise it's not the car's strongest point. Every other gear will push you back in your seat and make you giggle like a school boy(or girl)

The seats hug you quite firmly, if you're a big guy you might not love them until they loosen up.
The seats in the standard Wt fiesta fit me nicely. 186cm tall and 90kg
Old 26-01-2014, 09:08 PM   #149
aratic

The seats in the Fez and the Focus are the same AFAIK
Old 26-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #150
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

At the very least the trims on them are different iirc. I remember sitting in both and the focus seats feeling tighter