Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 02-06-2005, 12:00 PM   #31
GROOV3
Rollin

well im going to go to midas $139 for a service with top quality magnatec oil so ford can shove it
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2005, 07:59 PM   #32
ferris01
I am a Princess!!!

Quick quenstion...do I have to take my car to ford to get a service or can I take it somewhere else...and if I do will it void my warranty...
ferris01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 05:24 PM   #33
RedStar71

I got a letter from my dealership the other day reminding me about the service. They are saying that if I don't get it serviced with them that it will void the additional 3 year Mechanical Protection Plan. This is meant to be after the 3 year deal has finished. I really don't know what to think.
The reality is if you read the warantee that all they will do is change the oil and top up the fluids at 15000km. Why does that cost more than $300?
My brother owns a Ford Cougar and he went to get the Motorcraft oil that is specifically meant for his car and they wanted $60 for a bottle of oil that you could by at Supercheap for $20. They obvioulsy mark the prices up. They obviously know they have you over a barrel.
To top it all off when he took it in for it's service it cost $800 and they also wanted to replace a part in the Air Con that was worth $1900 because it had a stain on it!!!! The air con is fine and never been a problem! Then to add to it all his Auto Transmission started to play up on the drive back home! They are all crooks in Ford Service and because of our warentees we have to go to them!
That said don't start me on Ford Credit!!!!
My 2 Cents worth.
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2005, 10:04 PM   #34
GROOV3
Rollin

yep my extra 2 years is now void but they can rot in hell, wouldnt recomend them to anyone. thats (jarvis ford)

read through your book and it doesnt cover anything bar the engine, mine says no body work or interior and any bits that are perisable

in other words anything that will break wont be covered.

eg shockers = no
cv's= no
clutch = no
seats=no
dash electrics = no

then you put the fact that after the 3yrs to retain the extra warrenty the service is every 6 months

so not only are the services near $300 every 15k
once you hit 3rd year you need two a year so you will probabaly end up spending an extra $1000 at least by the time the warrenty is up.

ive spoke to a few legal people and though about consumer afairs as what they do is effectivle lock you into paying 3 times the standard rate for something but its in the too hard basket
Old 14-06-2005, 02:17 AM   #35
RedStar71

What also stinks is that to keep the extra 3 years you have to go the the original dealership. I plan to leave Brissy with my new job in a few months and how do they expect me to get it serviced interstate?
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
Old 14-06-2005, 11:01 AM   #36
whippet_zetec
Supes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStar71
What also stinks is that to keep the extra 3 years you have to go the the original dealership. I plan to leave Brissy with my new job in a few months and how do they expect me to get it serviced interstate?
check your documents but I think you can have the service requirement waived by application to the dealer (ie apply to have another service centre complete the work for you while not voiding the additional warranty)...I am sure having moved state would be a compelling reason.
Old 14-06-2005, 03:22 PM   #37
RedStar71

Just a quick note on the cost of my service. My dealership just quoted me $180 for the whole service!!! I said that I was amazed as some dealerships were quoting about $300 and they told me that they are far more competitive than other dealerships. So if you are in Brissy go Southside Ford!
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
Old 16-06-2005, 09:04 PM   #38
GROOV3
Rollin

Well i think things are going to be stepping up to consumer afairs over this issue

as ive argued with the sales manager over this at how the sales guy sold me the car stating services would be around the $180 mark only to find out they are $285 at minimum.

Ive just got my old man to look at a fiesta at a different ford dealer and he asked the sales people how much the service costs are, they said between $150-$180, yet this dealer when i rang up just 2 weeks ago said a service would be $215

so as you can see they are selling cars under false pretenses, so im going to look into writting a letter to Consumer afairs.

if any one has experienced the same thing, can you reply with what happened and the dealers name.

Cheers
Old 16-06-2005, 09:30 PM   #39
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hey guys

This might be the dumbest question in the world, but am i able when i have to go for 15000 service (probably in 3 months) if i supply my dealer with what i want to be changed ie buy the oil i want and if i buy a new performance filter for them to install it, instead of them charging me for crap.

i mean id rather pay 180 for them to do the service with the part and oil i want,

If this is not the way they operate, can some one just say " YOUR DREAMING DAMO"

Cheers

Damo
Old 17-06-2005, 09:43 PM   #40
Amazer

$300 for a Minor Service

Get them to stick that where the sun doesn't shine.

basically your paying for an oil change and a check over. $40 worth of Parts (oil, Filter, Windscreen Washer solution and a Sump Plug Washer)

like I stated in another thread anything over $180 is too high. Ford used to service my 1997 Laser less then 2 years ago for $135 using geniune parts. And my 100,000km Service with a new timing belt was $550.

A standard service doing it yourself will cost you less then $50 to do.

I find it unbelievable what they are wanting to charge you guys, makes my dealership seem quite reasonable.

Rob
Amazer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2005, 01:22 AM   #41
Tripe

Default Ford Service - Is that an oxymoron?

Hi everyone

It's been interesting reading your views on Ford Service and the incredible prices they try to charge. After my complimentary 3000km service I know for sure I won't be going back to Ford for servicing just because their service is so poor, let alone their prices.

I complained of a squeaking clutch in my Fiesta and the Bright Sparks at Ford decided to spray some sort of oil up towards the clutch, all through the dash and over the carpet. I only noticed it the day after the service when I saw a drip hanging from the spot where they plug in the computer under the steering wheel. I had to remove that section of the dash and wipe the oil out from EVERYWHERE! It was all over the wires and connectors, air vents etc and it was literally dripping down onto the carpet! Geez I was annoyed :

To add to that, Ford never kept a record of my stereo security code on file (I wanted this so I could put the VIN into the stereo, but you need to enter the security code first). I asked for the code when I first bought the car and they said "No, we only give those out when you need them". So I pushed the point and demanded it, and they responded with a code of 0000 - which obviously did not work! : Then, after many phone calls to the dealer and the 13FORD number, they advised me I would have to drop the car in to them for a day so they could remove the stereo to obtain the serial number - how pathetic is that!! Anyway, I removed the stereo myself (not completely, just slid it out a bit) and got the serial number and then got an awsome member of the uk fiesta site to get me the code within 2 hours! Who needs Ford anyway? _2:

Anyway, back to servicing costs etc. We are all within our rights to use any licenced mechanic/workshop to service our new Fiesta's without it voiding any warranty - as long as the right specification oil, filter, coolant etc is used, there won't be any problems with warranty claims. See here for more detail.... http://www.mynrma.com.au/carservicing.asp

Damon - Yes, you can take your own oil and filter to a Non-Ford workshop and ask them to use it, most of them will do this for you and just charge for labour. Then keep the receipt for the parts you buy with your log book for backup. Whether they actually use the oil you supply is another thing :Up_to_som But don't mind me, I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to servicing cars....

Hopefully, nothing will brake on the little Fiesta and I won't need to visit Ford ever again : And if anyone has yet to recieve their Fiesta's stereo security code, I'd advise you to get onto to Ford ASAP. Happy Motoring. :eclipsee_
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post