Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 23-03-2007, 08:24 PM   #31
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I'd say just go for it. Drive the Fiesta, and see how you go.

Test Drives;

I've had the good ones, and the bad ones. The Fiesta test drive was just as most of you mentioned - I got a good 5 minute around the block job. The MPS3 was given to me for 25 minutes. Various Clio Sports (used) were all the same too - I was given the keys and told where to go (i.e. corners/straights ) and all alone (well, once with two mates! What a joy ride ;)). The XR5T I had a salesman beside me, but at least I drove it a good distance. And then the Black 182 Cup I drove with my parents. Needless to say that was worse because going around a corner in 2nd gear and 3,500rpm freaked them out!

Then the 225 Cup I've recently driven - I have made a great relationship with this salesman. Gave it a good canning on the Old Pacific Highway and nearby National Park. Even over took a few cars etc. He was egging me on!

Service;

Ford's service was totally pathetic - I agree. I won't go into details, but just make sure you have a good relationship with your dealer. I did, and it was great! Always made to feel welcome.

Again, nothing in comparison to now. Although my latest car sometimes has warranty repairs and constant servicing (every 10,000kms) the carsalesman (with whom I'm good friends with now) gives me a free loan car at the drop of a hat. Managed to grab a used 172 for the day - now that was interesting!

The Fiesta itself;

By far the best small hatchback - BAR NONE. I love the thing, and still miss it. Ask Danny how big my smile was whilst going for a blast in his (now) sister's Fiesta Zetec. Not to mention the fun in the back seat too :P

But yes, the Fiesta is a great car - reliable (for me), safe, fun, feature packed, goodlooking and of course - cheap!

Go for it ;)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2007, 10:23 PM   #32
Jess85

maybe wait till XR4 comes out and see about buying one of them?
Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #33
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Not to mention the fun in the back seat too :P
Dude, that sounds pretty shocking : : :
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #34
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Dude, that sounds pretty shocking : : :
I know. And to think it was your Fiesta too... :

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 24-03-2007, 09:24 PM   #35
Danny
GT4.

LOL, everyone here is like WTF?? hahahahaha
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2007, 09:20 AM   #36
goop

... and yet another reason the Fiesta is such a great car! There's simply oodles of room in the back to allow for a couple of open-minded guys to have a few quiet ones.... relax.... you know, just enjoy each other's company.... :

:
goop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2007, 10:33 AM   #37
Nappa
Impressive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
It may be "standard procedure" to some dealers.............rock solid guaranteed way to p#ss off potential buyers I would say.

That gave me a real "feel for the car" as you so put it Nappa, I cannot see how sitting in the passenger seat going for a quick squirt around the block gives anyone a "feel for any car"........Male or Female.

:
i dont understand how the salesperson driving the car first can annoy the client, what i was trying to say is some people dont always want to be thrown head first into the drivers seat. I usually take them to a quiet street or nice car park where we can get out and look at the car, away from the dealership. While driving the car i will explain how everything works and demonstrate different aspects of the vehilce operation.

If its a whole family i will send them out on their own but other then that i will always go on the test drive to offer information and sometimes keep control of the situaton.
Old 26-03-2007, 12:41 PM   #38
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
what i was trying to say is some people dont always want to be thrown head first into the drivers seat. I usually take them to a quiet street or nice car park where we can get out and look at the car, away from the dealership. While driving the car i will explain how everything works and demonstrate different aspects of the vehilce operation.

If its a whole family i will send them out on their own but other then that i will always go on the test drive to offer information and sometimes keep control of the situaton.
Nappa, you take the client to a quiet area where they can have a good look at the car and you can explain to them the features of the car etc..............thats a whole lot different to what I have experienced from some dealers.

I would suggest then that you are in fact "assisting" the client in making the purchasing decision, as long as they also get to have a decent test drive, congrats to you and your sales principles.

The experiences I was referring to were nothing at all like that!!.............just a quick passenger seat test drive and then on to the "Hard Sell" tactics that unfortunately seem to be the "standard practice" of many car dealerships.

As for explaining the features of the car...........that's great.........so long as you actually know something about the car, perhaps you are in the minority of new car salespeople who actually do.

As others have also testified on this very forum the "Fiesta" is very commonly referred to as the "Festiva"..........by Ford dealerships!!, particularly the Spare Parts Sales Staff.

When I bought my Fiesta the salesman took the time of showing me the "features" of the vehicle such as the "in-dash bluetooth speaker system"............which upon further inspection into the owners manual is actually a simple "Coin Holder!!"

I'm not berating or beating up on saleseople at all, I know that there are good and bad in all walks of life and indeed professions, but you would at least expect the basic principles to be applied,...... "if only in part."
If I was as lax in my profession as some sales staff I have encountered I would have difficulty in identifying a keyboard from a mouse, that's how bad some of them really are.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2007, 01:38 PM   #39
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
When I bought my Fiesta the salesman took the time of showing me the "features" of the vehicle such as the "in-dash bluetooth speaker system"............which upon further inspection into the owners manual is actually a simple "Coin Holder!!"
That's a good one Rob. :
Old 27-03-2007, 07:47 AM   #40
Imolator
Quad Cam

Or like the salesperson who told me when I was first looking at a Fiesta that they had disc brakes at the rear. And when I politely told him that he was mistaken, proceeded to argue that he knew the car that he had been selling for 2 years. So I pulled out the brochure that I had been given inside the showroom and showed him in the specs that he was wrong. Most car sales people are worse than computer sales drones.
Imolator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2007, 12:56 PM   #41
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goop
... and yet another reason the Fiesta is such a great car! There's simply oodles of room in the back to allow for a couple of open-minded guys to have a few quiet ones.... relax.... you know, just enjoy each other's company.... :

:
hahaha that has to be Fiesta quote of the year i think
Old 29-03-2007, 12:23 AM   #42
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

TEST DRIVE

Now this is service;

A mate of mine is looking to upgrade (if you call it that) from a BMW Z4 3.0L into the new Audi TT 2.0T DSG.

He was given the TT for 3 days.

What a fun 3 days it has been at work ;)

Old 29-03-2007, 10:17 AM   #43
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
TEST DRIVE

Now this is service;

A mate of mine is looking to upgrade (if you call it that) from a BMW Z4 3.0L into the new Audi TT 2.0T DSG.

He was given the TT for 3 days.

What a fun 3 days it has been at work ;)
That's definitley an upgrade. TT > Z4.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post