Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-04-2016, 11:22 PM   #4981
kyananthony
Starter Motor

Talking Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Gday all,

I'm working on a ba Ford wagon. I have purchased a good set of shocks and now in the process of adding more leafs to my standard springs. I was going to add one long one at the bottom from a ute and two very small ones. The longer one will be shorter than the one above. The reason for this is I have a dicky seat in the rear with 4 solid kids jumping in every day with us towing a horse float once a week, with the standard spring sagging like crazy. Would this method be OK guys?? Cheers for your help
kyananthony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2016, 01:42 AM   #4982
kostaxr6
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Thanks, i did find a scan of the original brochure that ford had for the XC series, that did in fact have the GT Power Pack option there for the 351 4bb carb, 4wd and 9" lsd and 4 speed manual and auto with the GS rally pack, its like a gt in stealth mode, interesting that ford did that and not have an official GT. I have also noticed that its hard to find a car club for the XC model, it seems they are not recognised as a muscle car at all, Its a shame as they do have all the goodies of previous muscle cars in its blood line and DNA
kostaxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2016, 09:38 AM   #4983
BFGasUte
Banned

Hello,

The XC came out when there was a lot of Media " debate " about Cars being too powerful. Ford was also going to release a V8 Cortina. They dropped the GT nameplate, but the Fairmont GXL could be optioned up with all the good bits. Then it was still a " luxury " Car rather than a GT. This was a cross-over time in other ways, emission rules, rubber bushed front end and the anticipated low speed crash no damage type bumpers. The back doors also lost the Coke bottle hip, which went back to the XR.
BFGasUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2016, 03:20 PM   #4984
Trooper
Starter Motor

Hi all, just bought a 2014 TS RWD, only had it for 3 weeks, so far no problems and am very happy with it. Has only travelled 34,000 ks so I guess would not expect any major issues. After months of research it boiled down to the Terri or Hyundai Santa Fe, Hyundai has much more bling for the buck but the thing that kept drawing me back to the Terri was the V6 diesel.
Trooper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2016, 04:22 PM   #4985
Craned
Starter Motor

Hi everyone

I've just bought a 1966 XP sedan. Already had a good look around this site and found some valuable info. Hoping to get some restoration tips as I go along.

Craig
Craned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2016, 07:53 PM   #4986
blackbetty351
Starter Motor

Hi my names Digger I've had numerous fords starting in 1980 with a xb coupe to xd t coded interceptor ect ect to my current ride 67 mustang I have no idea how to post a picture on this site can you help me I have pictures on my iPad but don't know how to share them
I guess I'm old school
blackbetty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2016, 03:54 AM   #4987
Ford1965
Starter Motor

Default Ford1965

Hi all am new to this forum my name is John. I drive a Ba xr6 and am looking forward to chatting and being part of the Ford forum cheers
Ford1965 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-04-2016, 03:19 PM   #4988
beecj0
Starter Motor

Default New guy from Alaska.

Hey guys, I'm happy to join the club. Hers my 69 grande with 4V heads, .040 over, mild Hydraulic flat tappet, and four bolt main block. Hoping to upgrade to mechanical roller, and more compression.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (95.7 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by GasoLane; 24-04-2016 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Fixed typos
beecj0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2016, 04:15 PM   #4989
beecj0
Starter Motor

*Hydraulic*..rookies..
beecj0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2016, 04:56 PM   #4990
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by beecj0 View Post
*Hydraulic*..rookies..
Fixed
Old 25-04-2016, 01:25 PM   #4991
jimrad
Starter Motor

Hello everyone, my name is jimmy and i am new to the forum. Just like to say thank you for accepting my membership. I have being reading many posts and i have found that this is a great place for Ford enthusiasts to share information, give insight or just talk generally about all things Ford. I recently purchased an FGX XR8 auto and i also own a 2009 XR6T man.

cheers, jimmy
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2016, 12:45 AM   #4992
T TOURER
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Gday Gday to all you little Henry's, have had a sneek preview of this sight over the years and decided I need help. I own a 08 bf Wagon and a 27 T tourer [ post pics soon]so have a little bit of OL Henry in me , we dont talk about the T just yet , the bf I have owned for 4 odd years as a second vehicle or should I say first but used last, with the intention of setting it up as both a tow and travel vehicle , just purchased a heavy duty tow bar ,so will be looking for advice on set ups re; rear suspension, maybe a lift kit and associated stuffs. hope to chat to a few of you guys soon T
T TOURER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2016, 04:01 AM   #4993
BFGasUte
Banned

Hello,

Welcome all. T Tourer, have a look through the site. You can fit RTV suspension for more height, and there are a few AWD with Territory running gear. I would start with a big Trans Oil cooler, and delete the original. I recently got stuck with a cooler line failure, still to resolve but worth keeping in mind for your set-up.
BFGasUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2016, 08:19 PM   #4994
jive
Jive

Hi all, just joined the ford forum. I have an xp coupe I'm restoring for a weekend driver. looking forward to getting advice and sharing my problems. thanks. Danny.
jive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2016, 01:10 PM   #4995
Archk
Starter Motor

Hi All,

Thought I'd join and see if I can get some tips re a transmission problem that I am experiencing in my FG FPV F6 (2009)
Archk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2016, 10:20 AM   #4996
Knackers
Starter Motor

Well hello everyone.
I am the proud owner of an 07 sy ts territory as well as 93 ed.
Happy to be a part of this great community, the amount of information in here is astounding.
Well I am off to explore.
Thanks for having me.
Knackers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2016, 02:58 PM   #4997
zeph 347
Starter Motor

Gday all just joined ,love my fords Anson the building stage of 71 f100 to add to the toy shed
zeph 347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2016, 10:14 AM   #4998
Leo_16
Starter Motor

Hello everyone. Just joined this Forum. I will be the proud owner of a new Ford Mustang later in Dec 2016. Looking forward sharing information and hearing what other owners have experienced with their cars and their options added.
Leo_16 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2016, 11:45 AM   #4999
Amy
ZF transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Howdy all Newbies!

Welcome to Fordforums.com.au

: : : : :

This is the place to introduce yourself and your ride, most of all enjoy your stay!

: : :nutsycuck : :
Hi,

I have a 2007 Fairmont Ghia MK11. I just bought a new battery and then hit a deep pothole.

Next day the car is beeping three times on start up and then three more times as I drive away. Manual says it is a door ajar, but the doors are all firmly closed.

Also their is an intermittent rattling noise and some grating when turning wheels to the right when moving very slowly.

And the car just seems to be dragging a bit when driving, I am thinking there is a problem with the right front wheel?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Amy
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2016, 10:36 AM   #5000
66Coupe
Starter Motor

Hello All, thank you for accepting me ìnto the community.

I have built a couple of cars in recent year's, a 1971 XY GT Replica, a 1969 ZC Fairlane with 671 Blower and an AC Cobra kit car with a 2003 SVT Cobra engine and trans.

I have recently imported a 1966 Falcon Sports Coupe from the USA which I have started doing a full restoration on. I'm wanting to do a RHD conversion on it so any advice would be helpfull. Is it best to replace the complete firewall/plenham/dash with an XR - XY unit or is there another way people have done it?

Cheers
Kevin.
66Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2016, 10:41 AM   #5001
connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
Hi,

I have a 2007 Fairmont Ghia MK11. I just bought a new battery and then hit a deep pothole.

Next day the car is beeping three times on start up and then three more times as I drive away. Manual says it is a door ajar, but the doors are all firmly closed.

Also their is an intermittent rattling noise and some grating when turning wheels to the right when moving very slowly.

And the car just seems to be dragging a bit when driving, I am thinking there is a problem with the right front wheel?

thanks

Amy
Hi Amy must have been one helluva pothole suggest you will need a wheel alignment for sure and to check to see for anything bent or broken ASAP. cheers connie
connie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2016, 11:11 AM   #5002
BigV
Starter Motor

Hi all,

Thanks for accepting me to fordforum.

Always been a ford man, just brought an old F100 (76 I think) with the 351C 2 valve engine. She's a bit rough but gonna be a great project for me n my brother.

I'm very keen to talk to people regarding their own experiences with these cars.

Once again hi to all

Cheers

Vince
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2016, 11:57 AM   #5003
Amy
ZF transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie View Post
Hi Amy must have been one helluva pothole suggest you will need a wheel alignment for sure and to check to see for anything bent or broken ASAP. cheers connie
Thanks Connie

I am taking to the mechanic tomorrow.

Amy
Old 01-05-2016, 11:57 AM   #5004
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
Hi,

thanks

Amy
The beeping could be any of a number of things but three beeps is usually a door ajar warning. Given that it has only started after a new battery has been fitted I'd be inclined to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes and then reconnect it.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2016, 12:30 PM   #5005
Max Reflex
Starter Motor

[B]Mondeo Adaptive Cruise Control
Hi. My Mb 2009 acc sometimes won't start and sometimes drops out/ turns itself off when activated. The latter being disconcerting when you are trying to work out why you have suddenly started to slow down. Any thoughts?? Thanks. Max
Max Reflex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2016, 01:39 PM   #5006
Amy
ZF transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
The beeping could be any of a number of things but three beeps is usually a door ajar warning. Given that it has only started after a new battery has been fitted I'd be inclined to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes and then reconnect it.

Cheers
Russ
Hi Russ

Yes I checked all the doors several times, so I know it is not that.

thanks Amy
Old 01-05-2016, 02:49 PM   #5007
smeaton
Starter Motor

Default Ba icc faulty

wrong post

Last edited by smeaton; 01-05-2016 at 02:52 PM. Reason: wrong post
smeaton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2016, 07:34 PM   #5008
gkriesfeld
Starter Motor

Hello all and thank you for addin

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
gkriesfeld is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2016, 08:00 PM   #5009
gkriesfeld
Starter Motor

Hello all and thank you for adding me to this forum. I have a 2006 SY Territory Ghia RWD, my first Ford since the late 70's. Last trip away camping, I had the orange engine light come on while the engine was cold. Long story short, RACV dude's computer said it was a faulty oil temp sensor.
Have had sensor replaced on my return home. Just wanted to know if there are any other niggles I may find in this model. Thanks in advance. Glenda.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
gkriesfeld is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2016, 10:29 PM   #5010
tubsy
Starter Motor

Hi
Thanks for the add.

This is my last purchase, 2014 FG XR6T. No mods as yet.

I'm sure there's lots of info here to get me going in the right direction.

12735956_1140257086006366_879945758_n.jpg

Regards
Brendan
tubsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post