Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 13-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #31
polster
Starter Motor

Default TDCI Hatch Towbar

I had a genuine Ford Towbar fitted to my Hatch yesterday for $800 in Adelaide. They had the car all day and spent a while programming it to compensate for the rear parking sensors.
The "kit" comes with trailer wiring, relay, towbar assy and tow ball.
It is very solid and is well hidden with the tongue removed.

Although it seems expensive for a tow bar, I am very happy with it and it is fully covered under warranty.
polster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2009, 07:12 PM   #32
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whoops, didn't read the title

Last edited by Bucknaked; 20-10-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #33
scribbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by polster
I had a genuine Ford Towbar fitted to my Hatch yesterday for $800 in Adelaide. They had the car all day and spent a while programming it to compensate for the rear parking sensors.
The "kit" comes with trailer wiring, relay, towbar assy and tow ball.
It is very solid and is well hidden with the tongue removed.

Although it seems expensive for a tow bar, I am very happy with it and it is fully covered under warranty.
That's interesting. Is this a Haymen Reese towbar? I like the idea of having the tongue removed.
The only thing that perplexes me here is if the rear sensors are reprogrammed for the towbar, what happens when you remove the tongue? Are the sensors out of whack?

MA Mondeo
SZ Territory Titanium - >400,000 km
VF SSV Redline
BiTurbo Ranger XLT
scribbly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #34
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Good point Scribbly.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #35
polster
Starter Motor

Default TDCI towbar

The towbar only has a black compliance plate welded to it with Ford and info such as part no, towing weight and tongue part no stamped on it. There is nothing on it identifying it as Hayman Reese.

As far as parking sensor op with tongue removed, I'm not sure. I guess it would just start beeping from further out (allowing for the tongue that is no longer fitted?)
polster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2017, 12:33 PM   #36
bf2fairmont

Default Re: Mondeo Zetec Hatch - Towbar

Old post I know... Have 2013 Mondeo Zetec Hatch and lookimng for towbar fitting instructions. Have a genuine Ford Towbar, wiring loom and computer... Just no instructions on how to fit. Can work out the how to bolt it to chassis easy, just not sure about where the computer plugs in. Guess should be able top work it out once I take the bumper off but instructions may speed the process! Couldn't find anything on the forum...
Cheers
bf2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post