Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 11-10-2016, 12:08 PM   #1
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default BA A/C compressor into AU

I've been digging around but can't find what I need. Will a BA A/C compressor fit an AU?

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2016, 04:37 PM   #2
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: BA A/C compressor into AU

Thanks for all the prompt replies, .

Ok , I went ahead and fitted the compressor I was given anyway, and although it had BA written on it in texta it went straight on and the pipes and plug all married up ok so I'm going to say, yes, a BA compressor will fit an AU.

Cheers
Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2016, 08:53 PM   #3
Davehoos
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

pipes are different. mounting bolts are different spaced.I had a BA compressor and bracket and lined it up with the pulley. I didn't test further because I dindnt have a belt to get a correct length.

BA is denso hoses are on top.
ford AU 6 cly compressor pipes are on the rear single bolt.
EF- EL sanden scroll will fit the au block but the hosses are on the side.

often after market systems with all types of compressors turn up on utes.
Davehoos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2016, 04:01 PM   #4
KRL-94

Ba pump wont fit au or the other way round. Im currently doing a barra swap and im fabricating my ouw ac pump brackets.

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447916
KRL-94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2016, 03:08 PM   #5
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRL-94 View Post
Ba pump wont fit au or the other way round. Im currently doing a barra swap and im fabricating my ouw ac pump brackets.
Different +1, I have a barra powered AU and has the AU Compressor mated to the motor with a custom bracket.
xr6tjet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2017, 08:04 PM   #6
KRL-94

xr6tjet, can you please pm me. Thanks

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound