Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 07-05-2006, 10:34 AM   #1
Turbo PJ
Starter Motor

Default Where can I get seat covers?

Can anyone tell me where I am able to get seat covers (front and back) for a BF XR6T, not sheepskin. I am Redcliffe, north of Brisbane.

Thanks.

Turbo PJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 12:06 PM   #2
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Autobarn?
why dont you want sheep skins?

Welcome to the forums!
Old 07-05-2006, 02:05 PM   #3
Turbo PJ
Starter Motor

It's hubby that doesn't want sheepskins, he is worried about fluffing. I have told him that a good quality one does not fluff.

Not sure about Autobarn - people have told me that due to the sports seats they have to be custom made.
Turbo PJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2006, 09:53 PM   #4
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

To be honest there isnt alot of covers out there that will A) suit you car and b) be of decent quality not to mention the RICE factor. :

If I ever considered seat covers for protection Id have to resort to a decent sheep skin.

Better still leather or top quality vinyl custom trim :
Old 10-05-2006, 06:14 PM   #5
Bighitter
Bighitter

Default Performance parts for xr8

Anyone got ideas the best way to improve performance for xr8 besides flasher unit and costing a fortune.
Bighitter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 07:44 PM   #6
SP Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighitter
Anyone got ideas the best way to improve performance for xr8 besides flasher unit and costing a fortune.
G'day Bighitter,

You almost got missed here in a thread about seat covers. Next time start a thread of your own with a title about the info you require, you will get a better response.

At the risk of hijacking this thread I will offer you some advice. Most of the V8 Guys start by making it breathe better. A change to a K & N type of panel filter and maybe even Cold Air Induction. Next step would be exhaust. From the cats back is a popular option but for real gains the best is to change the lot, headers included. Now this is starting to get a little pricey especially if it is a BA you are speaking about because of the labour involved in fitting the headers.

My advice would be to look at the "Performance" section of Ford Forum and start reading. There is a ton of info there to keep you going.

Cheers,

Ken
Old 10-05-2006, 08:05 PM   #7
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon Ken
Most of the V8 Guys start by making it breathe better. A change to a K & N type of panel filter and maybe even Cold Air Induction. Next step would be exhaust. From the cats back is a popular option but for real gains the best is to change the lot, headers included. Now this is starting to get a little pricey especially if it is a BA you are speaking about because of the labour involved in fitting the headers.

My advice would be to look at the "Performance" section of Ford Forum and start reading. There is a ton of info there to keep you going.
What Ken said ^^^
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 10:00 PM   #8
Bighitter
Bighitter

Default Performance parts for xr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon Ken
G'day Bighitter,

You almost got missed here in a thread about seat covers. Next time start a thread of your own with a title about the info you require, you will get a better response.

At the risk of hijacking this thread I will offer you some advice. Most of the V8 Guys start by making it breathe better. A change to a K & N type of panel filter and maybe even Cold Air Induction. Next step would be exhaust. From the cats back is a popular option but for real gains the best is to change the lot, headers included. Now this is starting to get a little pricey especially if it is a BA you are speaking about because of the labour involved in fitting the headers.

Cheers,

Ken
Thanks Ken I already have cold air and exhaust done need next step
Bighitter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #9
willow 1
GT "BOSS 302" BUILD#581

Hi Guys About The Seat Covers.try E-bay!!!! There Are Heaps Of Sellers On There That May Be Able To Help!!!!cheers
willow 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2006, 07:04 PM   #10
zamoan
Starter Motor

When I got my 6 I had to get the rears custom made. autobarn, supercheap etc should be able to place an order for you. As for the front, I just bought the biggest ones they had in stock. In places they are too tight and in others too loose. hope you have better luck than me.
zamoan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 08:02 AM   #11
ferro
Starter Motor

Why not ask ford, they should be able to provide fitted ones.
ferro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post