Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 18-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
rx2_2
Starter Motor

Default Auto Wipers

Hi,

We have just purchased an ex-demonstrator Ford Mondeo MB Zetec TDCI manufactured in 05/10. It is a great car - we are loving it.

We have a query regarding the auto-sensing wipers. I notice on Ford.com.au that auto-sensing wipers come standard with the new MC Zetec's, but did they come standard with the MB Zetec's?

Interestingly - the car also does not have a Zetec badge on the rear and also it has rear air/con vents which I thought I was only available on the Titanium?

Thoughts would be welcome....

Thanks

Robert

rx2_2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
Stocky58
Starter Motor

Default Re: Auto Wipers

G'day Robert

I also have a MB Zetec about the same vintage as yours and it does have auto-sensing wipers, rear air vents and no zetec badge just a TDCI badge. I think the MB had an upgrade in the second half of last year that also included powershift transmission and the 120kW diesel. Cheers
Old 18-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
rx2_2
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocky58
G'day Robert

I also have a MB Zetec about the same vintage as yours and it does have auto-sensing wipers, rear air vents and no zetec badge just a TDCI badge. I think the MB had an upgrade in the second half of last year that also included powershift transmission and the 120kW diesel. Cheers
Thanks Stocky - The car is supposed to have powershift, even thought it doesn't have the sticker on the gear shifter. I read in a previous thread you check via a Ford inventory system using the VIN to see what the car was built with - I will check this tonight. But intriguing re: the auto-sensing wipers. I will have a look at it again tonight and hopefully it's just user error.

Stocky, to put your auto-sensing wipers on, I presume you just put the right hand lever up a single notch? Does your wiper lever move up any more than a single notch?

Thanks in advance....

Robert
Old 18-04-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
Stocky58
Starter Motor

Robert

From the off position you flick down for a single wipe. Then you move the wiper lever one up for sensing wipers and then another position for continuous operation. My gear lever does not identify the transmission as a powershift, which I am pretty happy with. I dont need to be reminded everytime I look at the gear lever, I think its a bit tacky.
Old 18-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #5
rx2_2
Starter Motor

Thanks Stocky. Embarrassingly, I am coming to the conclusion it is user error.

I ran the VIN on etis.ford.com and the car was built with auto-sense wipers, and also confirms I have powershift. I will take another look at the wipers tonight.

Cheers

Robert
Old 18-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #6
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Easy to tell just look on the top of the windscreen for the sensor cover it up with your finger it should wipe becarefull though it will rip the wipers off if your hand comes in contact

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #7
Fishman

These are pretty cool, had a couple of random unwanted wipes, but since i turned the sensitivity down, It's been a case of set & forget.

very handy during this crappy on again off again type rain we're having up here
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post