Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 04-07-2016, 09:42 PM   #1
camute

Default AU1 Brakes Overhaul

Hi there,,
Have read with great interests your comments.
Im not far off doing a brake overhaul on AU1 Fairmont wagon.
Have a real spongy pedal so am going to install new mastercylinder,has signs of a slight leak, caliper kits, braided lines which i already have.
Just wondering if theres any benefit in fitting DBA T2 Slotted Rotors over standard Protex rotors which i already have.
Would you recommend replacing just the fronts or do front and rears with slotted rotors.
Also what good quality pads in the front and rear would you recommend.
I know many people upgrade to series 2 and 3 brakes, but im hoping to achieve a half decent result with the series 1 gear.
Many thanks for your time,
Cam.
camute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2016, 11:16 AM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: AU1 Brakes Overhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by camute View Post
Hi there,,
Have read with great interests your comments.
Im not far off doing a brake overhaul on AU1 Fairmont wagon.
Have a real spongy pedal so am going to install new mastercylinder,has signs of a slight leak, caliper kits, braided lines which i already have.
Just wondering if theres any benefit in fitting DBA T2 Slotted Rotors over standard Protex rotors which i already have.
Would you recommend replacing just the fronts or do front and rears with slotted rotors.
Also what good quality pads in the front and rear would you recommend.
I know many people upgrade to series 2 and 3 brakes, but im hoping to achieve a half decent result with the series 1 gear.
Many thanks for your time,
Cam.
Cam thanks for making contact and the reason most guys upgrade to series 2 or 3 is that the series 1 brakes are not very good and to modify the fronts is a big job.
If you went slotted all round with a good set of brake pads you will notice a difference in your braking but if the std brakes on this car have been adequate for you in the past then the std protex rotors and a good set of brake pads should be fine if you dont change your driving style.
DB1108 and DB1086 are the pad numbers and we can supply you some good street pads from $70 upwards but performance pads are limited.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2016, 11:44 PM   #3
camute

Many thanks for the reply,,
I actually find the brakes pretty crap,seem to be too spongy with too much brake pedal travel,, hence why ill fit a new master cylinder after spotting the slight leak and a good bleed.
I'm pretty sure i'll go the slotted rotors.
Can you suggest a good quality street pad that has a good bite as well as low dust?
Also are the db1108 the bendix ultimates?
Many thanks again for your time replying,, its much appreciated.
Cam
camute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2016, 09:30 AM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by camute View Post
Many thanks for the reply,,
I actually find the brakes pretty crap,seem to be too spongy with too much brake pedal travel,, hence why ill fit a new master cylinder after spotting the slight leak and a good bleed.
I'm pretty sure i'll go the slotted rotors.
Can you suggest a good quality street pad that has a good bite as well as low dust?
Also are the db1108 the bendix ultimates?
Many thanks again for your time replying,, its much appreciated.
Cam
DB1108 is the part number for the front pads not an actual brand. You may go the Bendix Ultimate if you want just not low dust but good sports pads and apart from them maybe the QFM HPX is the choice for low dust front and rear they will set you back about $90 a set.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post