Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 31-07-2016, 09:58 PM   #1
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This thread: BA-BF diff cradle removal for diff bushes 
Default 4 pot brembo pads replacements

Hi, currently in the market for new front brake pads on my ba GT-P with 4 piston front and wonder what recommendations you may have to replace my old ones.
The ferodo ds performance and ebc redstuff grab my attention currently. But I would like more of an opinion on what you think of these and what else may be out there.
Rarely see the track but do a lot of spirited driving up in the snowy mountains and some khanacross events.
Edit: Would also like a recommendation on brake fluids.
Also prices delivered to Tumut 2720.

Cheers, Sam.
Full Difilippo big boy exhaust /4.5" body ballistic metal cats / boss 315 plenum & twin throttle body coupled to bpr airbox / powerbond underdrives / herrod 290 cams / malwood opt 3+ / hrs Pegasus rims 19x8.5 front - 9.5 rear / nitto invo 245-35-19F & 275-35-19R / whiteline swaybars/ Under bonnet bling / 4.11 harrop truetrac

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

supercharged 363 dart takes on au work ute http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11342906

Last edited by SIMBAD; 31-07-2016 at 10:04 PM.
SIMBAD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-09-2016, 08:09 PM   #2
Blem
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 4 pot brembo pads replacements

Have used a few sets of Ferodo DS2500.
A way better pad than oem & have about 5-10% more surface contact area on the rotor than oem.
Re fluids just get locally due to shipping costs being a fluid.
Blem is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2016, 11:23 AM   #3
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: 4 pot brembo pads replacements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMBAD View Post
Hi, currently in the market for new front brake pads on my ba GT-P with 4 piston front and wonder what recommendations you may have to replace my old ones.
The ferodo ds performance and ebc redstuff grab my attention currently. But I would like more of an opinion on what you think of these and what else may be out there.
Rarely see the track but do a lot of spirited driving up in the snowy mountains and some khanacross events.
Edit: Would also like a recommendation on brake fluids.
Also prices delivered to Tumut 2720.

Cheers, Sam.
Sorry for the late reply we have been moving and Telstra have stuffed up all our communications and i have just been able to get some internet happening last night.
The DS2500 ferodo are really good and will be better for the motorsport use or if more street use and low dust is better then go the Winmax W1 over the redstuff. Costs range from $265 delivered for front Winmax or Ferodo DS2500 are $360 delivered. AP Racing 5.1 fluid would be the best in my opinion but get a good Super dot 4 locally as i try to avoid sending fluid in air bags.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: