Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 04-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 
Default BFII F6 pads

Hi Matt,

I have recently bought a 07 BFII Typhoon with 4-1pot brake setup, knowing that in the next few months I will need new pads (at the front mainly).

I have used Lucus pads in the recent past and really like them (at your recommendation), minimal dust and great bite, but they seem to need warming up a tad on a cold day first up.

I have also read about the Hawk pads but they sound like they are more suited to the track which I'm HIGHLY unlikely to do.

And many talk about GreenStuff and RedStuff pads being used in 325mm and 322mm premium brakes for XR6T and XR8's.

My actual question (after all that), is what would you recommend (budget = $200 to $300)?

I really have liked the Lucus product on my old car with 322mm fronts and stock rears (on my 04 Futura) but are they not suited to F6 application?

Thanks for your time!

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Mr Brooksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: BFII F6 pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Brooksy
Hi Matt,

I have recently bought a 07 BFII Typhoon with 4-1pot brake setup, knowing that in the next few months I will need new pads (at the front mainly).

I have used Lucus pads in the recent past and really like them (at your recommendation), minimal dust and great bite, but they seem to need warming up a tad on a cold day first up.

I have also read about the Hawk pads but they sound like they are more suited to the track which I'm HIGHLY unlikely to do.

And many talk about GreenStuff and RedStuff pads being used in 325mm and 322mm premium brakes for XR6T and XR8's.

My actual question (after all that), is what would you recommend (budget = $200 to $300)?

I really have liked the Lucus product on my old car with 322mm fronts and stock rears (on my 04 Futura) but are they not suited to F6 application?

Thanks for your time!
Hi mate we can do a pad that comes from the same factory as the Lucas for $150 a set and the Hawk are performance street use and are $190 a set so either will suit you.Forget greenstuff and redstuff .

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Ok, so its now time to get the numbers together and do the brakes.

On top of the pads, I need the front discs. I'm told the slotted RDA discs for 4 pot Brembos are pretty good, so can I get a price on those and the equivalent DBA slotted fronts for comparison? And your recommendation?

Side note, I had someone today said that RDA pads were good... Never heard that before, your thoughts?

So in total I need front rotors, and front and rear pads please, thanks.

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 23-08-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Ok, so its now time to get the numbers together and do the brakes.

On top of the pads, I need the front discs. I'm told the slotted RDA discs for 4 pot Brembos are pretty good, so can I get a price on those and the equivalent DBA slotted fronts for comparison? And your recommendation?

Side note, I had someone today said that RDA pads were good... Never heard that before, your thoughts?

So in total I need front rotors, and front and rear pads please, thanks.
OK the RDA rotors are nill stock and that is with RDA as well and they won't have there new stock for minimum 5 weeks. DBA T3 Slotted is the better product and these are $600 a pair and we have a Remsa brake pads for $150 a set or the Hawk street performance pad for $190 a set wuth the rear pad in a few brands from $65 to $90 a set for good street pads.In my opinion stay away from RDA pads for your car.All the products i quoted are in stock thanks.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 25-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #5
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

I went to the DBA website to read up about the discs. All I could find info on a 4000 or 5000 Clubspec disc that was designed for the HSV.

Can you give me more info?

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 27-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #6
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
I went to the DBA website to read up about the discs. All I could find info on a 4000 or 5000 Clubspec disc that was designed for the HSV.

Can you give me more info?
http://www.dba.com.au/products/clubspec-t/4000-t3/

Here is the link

Phone 02 9609 1101