Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-12-2014, 06:26 PM   #61
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: QLD 1KM over Only Applies in the 60km speed zone!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped View Post
Police have booked people in Qld for travelng too slowly in 110 zones.
I have heard of one case where the person was doing 70 and got booked.
So they should, unless waaaayyyyyy over to the left on a 3 laner and a decent reason rather than "i felt like it".
Old 14-12-2014, 02:47 AM   #62
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflac52 View Post
You are showing the naivety of someone who has never worked in the field of road safety/cause and effect of accidents etc. and a degree of condescension.

You are tending to make yourself look a bit foolish!

Enough said.
Really? I see the effects of RTC quite often.....as a paramedic, I believe I am well acquainted with the effects of accidents. In a previous trade I was also involved in the engineering and mechanical field. What expertise or experience have you?
Old 14-12-2014, 04:02 PM   #63
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Really? I must say I am really surprised at the background you portray due to your rather flippant replies to previous posts. I have usually found professionals in the field to have a more open mind to cause and effect and to post on a more respectful level and discuss the for and against issues in a more professional manner due to the rather tragic outcomes when things go wrong on the roads.

Since 1977 I had a full career dealing with this stuff until I retired.
noflac52 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2014, 10:02 PM   #64
oxmo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopped View Post
Police have booked people in Qld for travelng too slowly in 110 zones.
I have heard of one case where the person was doing 70 and got booked.
Sounds reasonable to me.
oxmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2014, 01:32 AM   #65
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflac52 View Post
Really? I must say I am really surprised at the background you portray due to your rather flippant replies to previous posts. I have usually found professionals in the field to have a more open mind to cause and effect and to post on a more respectful level and discuss the for and against issues in a more professional manner due to the rather tragic outcomes when things go wrong on the roads.

Since 1977 I had a full career dealing with this stuff until I retired.
Flippant? Really? How so professor? Because I challenge you in plain English?

My background is a portrayed professor.

I fully understand the physics involved, and the resulting forces involved. Yes, you do approach a slower vehicle at a faster rate...no surprise there hey professor. However I stand by my remark that to strike a vehicle travelling at 80 while you are travelling at 100 .. well I suggest you put your flaming phone down and pay attention to what you're doing.

I do have an open mind as well professor...it's required in this profession.

How many friends and fellow citizens have you watched die? How many have you retrieved from an RTC. Believe me professor....you do learn about the physics involved.

That is one reason we actually have speed limits, along with structural design in the vehicle to progressively collapse .... To lessen the impact and damage on the components of the human body.

But of course you know that...don't you?
Old 15-12-2014, 01:07 PM   #66
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCRXR6 View Post
Flippant? Really? How so professor? Because I challenge you in plain English?

My background is a portrayed professor.

I fully understand the physics involved, and the resulting forces involved. Yes, you do approach a slower vehicle at a faster rate...no surprise there hey professor. However I stand by my remark that to strike a vehicle travelling at 80 while you are travelling at 100 .. well I suggest you put your flaming phone down and pay attention to what you're doing.

I do have an open mind as well professor...it's required in this profession.

How many friends and fellow citizens have you watched die? How many have you retrieved from an RTC. Believe me professor....you do learn about the physics involved.

That is one reason we actually have speed limits, along with structural design in the vehicle to progressively collapse .... To lessen the impact and damage on the components of the human body.

But of course you know that...don't you?
So you think its fun to call me professor in a condescending fashion hey! That just reinforces what I previously thought!

You so far haven't challenged anything I have said with anything of substance unless you think the smart comment about clutching at straws with laughing icons either side has substance. You are trying to challenge and insult me as a person rather than challenge the subject at hand and the topic of the thread.

Also I'm not interested in your bleating about the difficulties you face in your job "been there done that" and I have no interest in justifying myself to you "An anonymous person typing into a computer making smart... personal comments". Why would I???

Challenge my comments about the physics and road safety all you like with some facts of your own by all means, but I am not the least bit interested in arguing with you on this personal level its just fluff and bluster on your part and adds nothing meaningful to the subject of the thread.
Old 17-12-2014, 02:17 AM   #67
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well nofalc, I believe you insulted me by -

You are showing the naivety of someone who has never worked in the field of road safety/cause and effect of accidents etc. and a degree of condescension.

You are tending to make yourself look a bit foolish!

Enough said.

As I said previously, I made a comment in simple plain English..not wanting to show any superior intellect (which I will never pretend to possess), nor bore the other members on here.

Again I repeat that any reasonable person can see and understand the forces involved..no need for a scholarship here.

Again I stand by my comment about having plenty of time to being yourself down from 100k to avoid the person traveling at 80k.

Lets not forget the original topic of this thread ..QLD 1KM over Only Applies in the 60km speed zone!!!!!

There was a media statement by the Police Minister about not tolerating 1k over. That was meant as a wake up call to the public to take more care and observe speed limits. There are tolerances of accuracy involved in this (to allow for different tyre sizing, wear etc..(we all know that?). Now, 5 or more over you may be pushing your luck.

Any time there is a clamp down on speeding we get the same tired old arguments about the limits either being too low, or you should be allowed to exceed the limit to overtake that slower driver, who is making our day a complete misery, and forcing us to be frustrated, by making us 30 seconds late. etc. etc.

Good night.
Old 17-12-2014, 11:25 AM   #68
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No insult intended. That's how you came across by your previous posts that lacked substance.

Finally you have posted a measured response that does not attack me personally for having an opinion that is different to yours. Its a shame that it didn't happen sooner as the discussion between two people who were actually in the profession of dealing with road safety may have been quite worthwhile.

Every opinion about road safety is a tired old argument they have all been discussed at length for a long time but that doesn't make them right or wrong. There are many contentious points to make because of the complex nature of it and everyone regardless of who they are is entitled to an opinion about it. Respectful discussion may even get some sensible results one day.

I'm finished with this one!