Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 16-12-2014, 02:02 PM   #61
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Default Re: Sydney Siege

Closest thing I could find was this, although I am not familiar with Sydney geography:

http://www.parramattasun.com.au/stor...treet/?cs=2452
This user likes this post:
Old 16-12-2014, 02:02 PM   #62
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
So how many of his allocation of 72 virgins has he deflowered by now?

/end sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome
Yes I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8
But is he wrong?

Rubbish comments. Heck, my parents wouldnt have come to Australia if this was the case. And I can assure you, I'm more Australian than most so called "Aussies" and so are my parents.

Disgusting comments mate. You should know better.

As noted, this country is built on immigrants. Only the aboriginal people have a right to say who is welcome and unwelcome in this country by that standard.

I cant go to your house, kick you out and then tell you who can or cannot move in.
6 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2014, 02:05 PM   #63
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
So the dirt bag that caused the siege and subsequent murder of innocent civilians was released on bail for 40 sexual assault charges and being an accessory to murder where a woman was stabbed 18 times and set on fire.

Magistrate Daryl Pearce said he granted this individual bail as a "simple matter of fairness".

Mr Conditsis(dirt bags lawyer) said outside court the magistrate "made a courageous decision" granting bail

…….well it appears the decision has really payed off for the Australian public.

Not sure how these people sleep at night, I wonder how they are feeling this morning??
Probably wouldn't want to be either his judge or lawyer

Those guys will be looking over there shoulders for a long time

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
Old 16-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #64
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Everyone is allowed an opinion. Even if you don't agree

Iam 50 and 4th generation australia. I have seen a lot of changes

It's not just Australia. The whole world is a mess

There are no answers or fixes. This is probably just the start. It's only going to get worse

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
2 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #65
deluxe_

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002au View Post
As kevin bloody Wilson puts it,

Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslim. True scum of the earth
Living in Tasmania I can understand how one can carry such a bigoted views of the Muslims and brush off the entire 1.6 billion Muslims that compose of many different ethnic backgrounds (European, Middle Eastern, African and Asian) as terrorists when such narrow minded views like this, as far as i can tell it likely stems from what you grasp of the media.

If you get a chance to go out more and interact people of different background and religion you will find we're no different than you.

Then again, I suppose people of higher academic background will hold a drastically different opinion of Muslims as they would of had a chance to actually socialize and befriend Muslims as their fellow class mates or as their work colleges, coming to realize how peaceful, tolerant and loving we can mostly be.
8 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2014, 02:18 PM   #66
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

http://www.news.com.au/national/mart...-1227157498633

Information of the killed and injured.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 16-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #67
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
What a crap result, 2 hostages dead. They should have taken him out with a sniper bullet when they had the chance (and they had plenty of chances), only in Australia!!

USA, Canada, Switzerland, China etc would have done this and all the hostages would have been safe.
Did you miss the earlier posts in this thread on the subject? The Police were concerned that he was not acting alone and were concerned about explosive devices. If he was not alone and they popped him, the end result would have been all the dead hostages.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 16-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #68
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L View Post
Closest thing I could find was this, although I am not familiar with Sydney geography:

There was no bomb found. Swan street reopened. Business resuming as normal.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
2 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2014, 02:27 PM   #69
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
Simply not true. This is a bit dated but it illustrates the point:

And no; I am not an apologist for Islamic extremists; they must be condemned. But let's not make this tragic incident, initiated by one nutter, an excuse to forego tolerance and forget the Oz tradition of "fair go" and instead encourage bigoted views.
An arguement based solely on emotion while lacking facts and logic. You lot can only hide behind your name slinging for so long before those accused wake up and see what a crock it is. The big bad R word, bigot, whateverphobe is so over used they have lost any effect. Might have to pull a new card to silence the masses out of guilt and emotion instead of a few shock words designed to end an arguement.
If you class those who go against your multicult narrative as bigots, what do you call various muslim based countries with their treatment of women and gays?

The tolerance you envision is a one way street. Your grandchildren will most likely find out when they are a minority in their own land to the Chinese or M.E./African Muslims. But hey, at least they can feel good knowing they gave them a 'fair go'.

Aging white populations, negative white birth rates, immigrants who can't and never intend to integrate are breeding up to 4 times that if Europeans. What can go wrong!? Times are changing and in 50 years life won't be as we haveknown it mark my words.
Old 16-12-2014, 02:27 PM   #70
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by karj
Twitter users are suggesting possible bomb scare or threat in Parramatta and Wollongong. Can't verify.
Thanks guys. Must have been reported on the Parra sun page but the Gong is a long way away from Parra. (100 kms or so).

Guess some opportunistic idiot was playing on the fears of people. Scum
Old 16-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #71
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
Did you miss the earlier posts in this thread on the subject? The Police were concerned that he was not acting alone and were concerned about explosive devices. If he was not alone and they popped him, the end result would have been all the dead hostages.
Didn't miss nothing mate, read post 60!

When the first hostages fled and with the info from them (only one hostage taker) then they had their chance.

Do you really think someone can set off explosive when they have been instantly incapacitated!
Old 16-12-2014, 02:32 PM   #72
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
An arguement based solely on emotion while lacking facts and logic. You lot can only hide behind your name slinging for so long before those accused wake up and see what a crock it is. The big bad R word, bigot, whateverphobe is so over used they have lost any effect. Might have to pull a new card to silence the masses out of guilt and emotion instead of a few shock words designed to end an arguement.
If you class those who go against your multicult narrative as bigots, what do you call various muslim based countries with their treatment of women and gays?

The tolerance you envision is a one way street. Your grandchildren will most likely find out when they are a minority in their own land to the Chinese or M.E./African Muslims. But hey, at least they can feel good knowing they gave them a 'fair go'.

Aging white populations, negative white birth rates, immigrants who can't and never intend to integrate are breeding up to 4 times that if Europeans. What can go wrong!? Times are changing and in 50 years life won't be as we haveknown it mark my words.
I see...

So being White = Australian?

Last edited by kypez; 16-12-2014 at 02:37 PM.
Old 16-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #73
deluxe_

Certainly this action today is not an embrace of peace. It is an act of lunacy as well as criminality. My hearts go out to the families who lost their loved ones.

Muslim communities of Australia hate to see such tragic events more than anyone as they ultimately pay for the prices when events of this scale happens with the constant backlash we receive from every direction ans Anti-Muslim sentiments flaring to new highs. These events give a rise to the bigots to voice their fear mongering campaigns which the rest of the cool headed Australians tend to fall for.
6 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2014, 02:36 PM   #74
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:

When the first hostages fled and with the info from them (only one hostage taker) then they had their chance.

Do you really think someone can set off explosive when they have been instantly incapacitated!
Clearly you dont understand the working of a "dead man switch".

First hostage couldnt have known for sure if he was working with someone else or not.
Old 16-12-2014, 02:38 PM   #75
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Clearly you dont understand the working of a "dead man switch".

First hostage couldnt have known for sure if he was working with someone else or not.
Clearly you have been watching too many cop shows on TV!!!
Old 16-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #76
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Well, when I got to do a tour of the Ford engine plant last week, a certain Mohammed was so kind to us and allowed us to have an extra special tour by getting us access to areas that werent part of the tour. He's worked 26 years at Ford and loves the Falcon.

Should have kept him out!

500,000 muslims in Australia and 1 guy does something and they are bad?! And add to this the number on the travel ban, another 60 people? 499,900 good muslim people and yet we call them evil?

Last I checked, Port Arthur was perpetrated by a non-Muslim... When do we begin getting rid of these people...

Last edited by kypez; 16-12-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Old 16-12-2014, 02:44 PM   #77
Fairlane 500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxe_ View Post
Muslim communities of Australia hate to see such tragic events more than anyone as they ultimately pay for the prices when events of this scale happens with the constant backlash we receive from every direction ans Anti-Muslim sentiments flaring to new highs. These events give a rise to the bigots to voice their fear mongering campaigns which the rest of the cool headed Australians tend to fall for.
Agree 100%.

I am not a muslim (I am a white anglo-saxon origin Aussie) but I know a few muslim people & they hate this sort of crap as much as we do.

Most muslims are truly decent friendly people & they naturally find this sort of stuff from a nut job like as horrible as anyone else does.

Then they also have to put up with the red neck hateful morons who fit all muslims with the same stereotype & take all the abuse they give out.
Old 16-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #78
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:

Speak to someone who has returned from military operations overseas... You cant script that stuff.
2 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2014, 02:51 PM   #79
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

so is that what's important, who outnumbers who and the colour of their skin and their religious beliefs?
people aren't racist from birth, it's a learnt behaviour due to ignorance and a lack of education that then leads to irrational fear
Old 16-12-2014, 02:51 PM   #80
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
integrate are breeding up to 4 times that if Europeans. What can go wrong!? Times are changing and in 50 years life won't be as we haveknown it mark my words.
I really didn't want to get dragged in to this discussion, but the line above just cannot go without comment.

So, how is that any different to the changes we have seen in this country over the last 50 years?

My grandfather and grandmother both immigrated to this country after they were kicked out of their homes in the Ukraine at very young ages during the war. How much change do you think they saw in their lifetimes?

Sounds to me like you don't like change. And no matter how much you dislike change, change is inevitable.

We can only hope that the future is a better place than it is now.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2014, 02:52 PM   #81
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6

You have no idea of the situation they were in mate. If your so awesome why don't you join up with the feds and become part of Special Operations then you can make the call yourself. I am so over these keyboard warriors today saying the police didn't do the right thing. These are situations they train for, day in, day out.

I know a certain suicide bomber that was shot 16 times with 5.56 and 7.62 rounds and still managed to detonate himself, true story.

Until you are in a situation you have no idea what it is like.
3 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #82
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It seems that the tragic events of yesterday have got the same old all hot an bothered under the collar.
While I have no idea why this individual committed these acts, if it was to terrorize the country he has achieved his goal.

Stay scared yoall' there coming for you.

JP
2 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #83
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Radio said there was an incident. Bomb threat. False alarm.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 16-12-2014, 03:05 PM   #84
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Way too much offensive material in here. Opposing sides never make others see their point so we end up with a vicious circle of inflammatory arguments.
Closed Thread