Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-12-2014, 12:08 AM   #151
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Your first car??

My mate's father was a car wholesaler and as he knew I had no money, he found me a 1932 Studebaker for 62 quid. It was a big car with a flat head 6, 3 speed box with overdrive and free wheeling and an automatic starter system ... quite advanced for it's time.
As one does when a teenager, I sold it to by a Humpy Holden ... Duh! In later years I found out the Studie was a one off import for a Canberra Embassy ... wonder what it would be worth today if it was still alive?
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2014, 12:28 AM   #152
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In late 1987, while still on my P's, I got a gold Fairmont XB with 302 V8 and... beige vinyl roof.

I can remember filling it up on a Friday with super at 58c/litre.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2014, 01:53 AM   #153
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My first car was a 1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia, 1.5, manual, brown velour. Top of the range with "luxuries" like a cassette player and tachometer. No power steering, no air conditioning.

Loved that car. Only had it for one year before it started blowing blue smoke, though.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2014, 02:18 AM   #154
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1967 MK 2 GT Cortina.. first of the box shaped, but still had the 1500 motor. Super lux..press a button and slip the radio out and take it with you as a groovy portable. Wow!
Old 15-12-2014, 11:49 AM   #155
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technically mine was a XC GS. I bought it off a guy at work for $500. Anyway at knock-off time he gave me the keys and a quick run-down and away I went. The guy was a tin *** so my first stop was at a servo. I go to turn the motor off, and it wouldn't stop! Just started making all these weird sounds, like it was convulsing or something. My first thought was that the guy at work played some kind of trick on me, and I looked around to see if he was across the street laughing, but no. At this point I started turning red, so I started it and sped off ( no doubt the attendant thought I was on crack ).

I got home and the same thing happened. I go inside and tell the oldman... '' that's pre-ignition, you will have to stall it each time you want to turn it off ''.......great.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2014, 12:03 PM   #156
ronnas07

1988 Nissan Pulsar Q. $5000. 3speed auto. No air con. Great little car, i slowly ruined it by adding subs, rims. Odo stopped working at 120000kms. God that car copped some punishment...
ronnas07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #157
FTRXR8

1983 KB Laser Sedan

What a beast owned it for less than two weeks before the 1st cylinder filled with water, used to run rough as guts, CV joints went, used to stall so I had to ride the clutch in heavy traffic

But hey it got me to work to make more money to buy better cars haha
FTRXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2014, 12:19 PM   #158
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My first car was a Birthday Present from the old man... 1990 TP Magna wagon.. 2.6 litres of carby goodness.. Did mad skids for a little front driver and copped a hell of alot of abuse over the years...

Started being more trouble then it was worth in the end and sold it to a wreckers for $100..

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2014, 01:22 PM   #159
cram_it_frog
wombat

VW sedan 6 volt Brown

Life is full of experiences some good some bad and with luck they all balance out in the end

What Ford s have I owned
1969 Blue wagon 1974 XB owned 3 of them
Numerious others but I always went back to ford

My first car was a 6 volt VW sedan
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2014, 08:41 PM   #160
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Cool Re: Your first car??

Well I learnt on this....

and then bought this....

Trying to remember price but 1978 was a long time ago, I think new it was $4000 on road.
'
UK
This was before I was a Ford person of course..
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post