Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 08-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #61
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dropping in to Bob Jane on my way to work in the morning to order my new wheels, 17"x7" ROH Strada's, same as these ones on Danny's Zetec.
The Bob Jane guy originally said that none were available for the Fiesta, but after a bit of a chat with him he said he would make a few phone calls and see if he could call in a few favours......"no promises but"..........he called me back in the afternoon and said that he had managed to source some 17" ones but cannot get 16" ones anywhere, he wants a deposit in the morning before he can go ahead and order them.......excellent price too I thought, $97.00 each.
I was going to go 16" so I could use the tyres that are on the car now and get away with it all on the cheap, now I'll have to cough up for 17" tyres as well although I'm not going to get the tyres straight away, too many bills coming in at the moment.....rates, electicity, telstra etc etc, you all know how it is, "everyone seems to be in my back pocket at the moment"
Cant wait to get em on the car though!!

robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 08:50 PM   #62
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^^ that's sweet, man. That's a good deal!
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 10:28 PM   #63
Danny
GT4.

Good stuff. They are a nice wheel, Just annoying to keep clean...
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2006, 11:07 PM   #64
b2tf
not here much anymore

wow, $97 each for a 17" rim is VERY good.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:35 AM   #65
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Great, glad you could get them.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #66
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear
Great, glad you could get them.
Might have to give ya a call for tyres later on Scarybear once I get some mileage out of the Conti's, dropped in to Bob Jane this morning and placed the order, the guy was saying he sourced them from Melbourne, should be here next Tuesday,........now what about those coil springs, cant put 17" rims on the standard suspension.......the Fez would look like a bloody "Moon Buggy" or something.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2006, 11:16 AM   #67
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

I'll make some calls.........

Old 09-06-2006, 11:49 AM   #68
photn
AFF Post NAZI

if any oneis looking for a cheap set of rims brand new, a place in syndey sell pretty cheap, plus come with free set of tyres, also free fitting. have a look. www.tempetyres.com.au there cheap friendly and worth it.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 10:22 PM   #69
Sonia

If only we had a tempe tyres in Melb *sigh*
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2006, 10:32 PM   #70
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperKid
I reckon this would look nice. 17x7
Would they have the right stud pattern for the fiesta 4x108?

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
www.tempetyres.com.au there cheap friendly and worth it.
Friendly?? lol
Old 17-06-2006, 10:52 PM   #71
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonr
Friendly?? lol
You had some bad experiences with them?
Old 18-06-2006, 03:11 PM   #72
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsfantz
Danny, those wheels look really good

I was originally looking as getting the Focus 17's that look like the optional 16's on the Fiesta WP. But I've decided to go for something that less people have done.
At the moment I have my eye on the wheels below... but I'm still undecided.
Will look good on a focus

I think those rim that you have chosen will look the part on your focus... If I were you I would get them... Thier just the right style for your car......

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 03:14 PM   #73
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ther deliver all around australia

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 18-06-2006, 03:32 PM   #74
Sonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
Will look good on a focus

I think those rim that you have chosen will look the part on your focus... If I were you I would get them... Thier just the right style for your car......
It's a Fiesta... but thank you I think they will look great too ! I wish I knew how to photoshop the wheels onto my car to really get an idea... seeing as I plan to get wheel in the next week or so.

Oh... and yes... Tempe Tyres do deliver.... but I use the prices they have on the site as a bargaining tool for a local tyre/wheel place. mwahaha :
Old 18-06-2006, 07:39 PM   #75
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Sometimes they quote lower over the phone then on the website though Mrs Fantz....

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 08:55 PM   #76
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It's a Fiesta... but thank you I think they will look great too ! I wish I knew how to photoshop the wheels onto my car to really get an idea... seeing as I plan to get wheel in the next week or so.

Oh... and yes... Tempe Tyres do deliver.... but I use the prices they have on the site as a bargaining tool for a local tyre/wheel place. mwahaha :
Just posta picture of your car and the wheels you want in the Photo-shop and one of the boy will do it for you... If you send Racecraft a PM you may get him to do it,,, He is one of the better photo-choppers....

Anyway... I still think those wheels are suited to a T for a Festie or Focus... Black on black whith a hint of Chrome or silver is the way to go....

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 18-06-2006, 09:28 PM   #77
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
You had some bad experiences with them?
Well put it this way.. in my couple of experiences..

If you don't rock up in a skyline, supra, etc they dont wanna talk to ya..
Old 18-06-2006, 09:41 PM   #78
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Really!?! that's very un-professional. A form of discrimination in a way.
Old 18-06-2006, 10:57 PM   #79
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Really!?! that's very un-professional. A form of discrimination in a way.
Well what do u expect? lol
Old 18-06-2006, 11:01 PM   #80
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Really Simon?

I remember when I went to get two front Falken replacements for the Fiesta - they were really nice, and the guy remembered I was in there not long before (7,000kms went so fast). I only changed two tyres, yet they let me get two free TempeTyres seat covers! Fully sik!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #81
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm... well i better check it out myself sometimes.
Old 18-06-2006, 11:32 PM   #82
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Really Simon?

I remember when I went to get two front Falken replacements for the Fiesta - they were really nice, and the guy remembered I was in there not long before (7,000kms went so fast). I only changed two tyres, yet they let me get two free TempeTyres seat covers! Fully sik!
lol well i guess everyone has their bad experiences...

i had mine.. but obviously u cant judge by ones persons opinon

EDIT:
Quote:
Fully sik!
LOL
Old 18-06-2006, 11:38 PM   #83
kenneth_lks
Fiestata!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonr
Well what do u expect? lol
I had the same experience as you suffered from Tempe tyre too. I went there with my Fez at the first time (just got the car about 3 weeks from dealer), none of them willing to show us around and didn't care about us. Then, I told them I need a good tyre but what I got was 'it gonna cost a lot for a good tyre'. 2 days later, I went there again with my BMW 330ci and their attitude was totally changed, but what did they get from me was 'I want something good, but I don't see anything better than what I was expected, cheap and low quality'. Then left that place..lol :sm_headba
kenneth_lks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 11:43 PM   #84
Swaytan
Swaytan

I have too heard stories about a lack of service at Tempe Tyres, mainly from people not driving a 200SX or Silvia. These could very well be isolated cases though, I've seen plenty of different walks of life in there every day (I live 5 minutes from Tempe Tyres).

The guys I buy my petrol from are Lebanese, really nice guys, they've always got their Porches/BMWs/WRXs parked at their servo. I asked one of the guys there the other night where they get all their wheels from, they said Tempe Tyres. They said with Tempe Tyres having a name like they do, they get a lot of guys price trauling all the time, so probably don't give much service until the money is in the bank.

Has anybody ever dealt with Ozzytyres.com.au? They've got some pretty awesome stuff. As in an older post, I'm looking at this wheel they've got but in black with the silver rim:

Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2006, 12:17 AM   #85
Sonia

Quote:
Fully sik!
LOL @ Fully sik!
Old 19-06-2006, 12:22 AM   #86
simonr
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaytan
Has anybody ever dealt with Ozzytyres.com.au? They've got some pretty awesome stuff. As in an older post, I'm looking at this wheel they've got but in black with the silver rim:

U mentioned u were getting that before??

I drove all the way out there wit cash in hand to get that exact rim but in white..

I had emailed someone the week before and they said it would fit...
but the manager(i think) who i spoke to at the time said it didnt come in the right stud pattern (4x108)
So next stop was tempe...

the dish looks a bit big aswell.. so it might be the wrong offset.. ??
Old 30-06-2006, 12:00 PM   #87
theBlake

Quote:
At the moment I have my eye on the wheels below... but I'm still undecided.
good choice, i am getting those Panther Vectors for my Focus. i really wanted to get some of those silver/black jobs from Advanti but they have nothing in my PCD

Last edited by theBlake; 30-06-2006 at 12:10 PM.
theBlake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 12:17 PM   #88
theBlake

Quote:
There is probably a dealer down there.

By chance i stumbled across a Tyre place that is a dealer for Tempe Tyres on the Gold Coast, Platinum Auto Care, Bundall. so I will be buying mine from them at the exact same price as the website. But i dont get a choice of what tyres i want. They guy said if i want to customise the tyres it will cost a whole lot more as they are normally sold as a package.

Mind you when i contacted Tempe they werent forthcoming that they had a dealer up here, even though i pointed out I really wanted to buy from a place that would fit me as well. They just maintained they were the only exclusive distributors in the southern hemisphere for the Phantomwheels.com products. (then again maybe the sales rep just doesnt know about resellers)

Might pay to ring them a couple of times.

If you get no luck, give me a hoy and i will ask my dealer up here to ask on your behalf.
Old 30-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #89
Sonia

I have a tyre & wheel place here who will match their price.... so all is good. But thanks for the offer, much appreciated
Old 01-07-2006, 12:17 PM   #90
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlake
There is probably a dealer down there.

By chance i stumbled across a Tyre place that is a dealer for Tempe Tyres on the Gold Coast, Platinum Auto Care, Bundall. so I will be buying mine from them at the exact same price as the website. But i dont get a choice of what tyres i want. They guy said if i want to customise the tyres it will cost a whole lot more as they are normally sold as a package.

Mind you when i contacted Tempe they werent forthcoming that they had a dealer up here, even though i pointed out I really wanted to buy from a place that would fit me as well. They just maintained they were the only exclusive distributors in the southern hemisphere for the Phantomwheels.com products. (then again maybe the sales rep just doesnt know about resellers)

Might pay to ring them a couple of times.

If you get no luck, give me a hoy and i will ask my dealer up here to ask on your behalf.
Tempe don't have 'dealers' as such, tyre shops can buy off them at a slightly lower price, but still get the same crappy service from tempe, I've bought a couple of sets through them, only because they are the only distributor of some wheels. I try to avoid it though.