Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Bendix

Bendix BENDIX Put your foot down with confidence

Old 30-05-2016, 12:40 AM   #1
jether

Default General CT and slotted rotors

Hi, I have a BF XR6 non-turbo and need to replace the brakes and rotors. I bought (but haven't installed yet) DBA T3 slotted with Bendix General CT pads.

Reading around there seems to be mixed advice whether these pads should be used with slotted rotors due to the residue that can build up in the slots possibly causing shudder.

Does Bendix have any pad recommendations for DBA T3 4000 series rotors?

My primary concern is good bite from cold to hot; noise and dust I can live with but they have to work well the second I get in the car.
jether is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2016, 02:56 PM   #2
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: General CT and slotted rotors

Shudder city. I had it within 2000 kms, ditched the Bendix for QFM and no problem since.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2016, 08:13 AM   #3
motorculture
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: General CT and slotted rotors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jether View Post
Hi, I have a BF XR6 non-turbo and need to replace the brakes and rotors. I bought (but haven't installed yet) DBA T3 slotted with Bendix General CT pads.

Reading around there seems to be mixed advice whether these pads should be used with slotted rotors due to the residue that can build up in the slots possibly causing shudder.

Does Bendix have any pad recommendations for DBA T3 4000 series rotors?

My primary concern is good bite from cold to hot; noise and dust I can live with but they have to work well the second I get in the car.
Thanks for your enquiry, the DBA T3 Slotted rotors are better suited to friction material such as Bendix Ultimate brake pads utilise, shudder is caused by brake wear from runout of the rotor. Bendix Ultimate will give you excellent effectiveness from cold to hot, brake dust will occur, you will have very good stopping power.

For some daily car culture check out http://zengarage.com.au/
motorculture is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post