Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-01-2005, 09:37 PM   #1
clampy
Mr Extraordinary

Default you dont mess with another mans ve-hi-cle

was down at carousel before... parked car in middle of empty part of car park to finish drinking my leaking boost juice,

and when i went to leave, i started the car, eventually i put the car in reverse, and whipped out of the bay..

now there was some kid walkin past i dont know how i didnt see but anyway it(i couldnt tell) yells at me for nearly runnin it over and kicks in the quarter panel..

ya think it didnt see the reverse lights or hear the car? noooo..

frickin... i just left.. didnt feel like having to wash blood off my hands aswell as pulling out the amp to get to the panel to push it back out.. anyhoo... its pushed out but theres till a nice little dent remaining..

just *EDIT* pessed off is all.. and all that after havin to get a new insurance policy for the EB this morning and take it out the shed coz the fairlane battery died over the weekend and i couldnt get to work.

grr.

-jamie-

Last edited by clampy; 31-01-2005 at 11:09 PM.
clampy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 09:46 PM   #2
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Your lucky you didn't hit the kid really..
Old 31-01-2005, 10:40 PM   #3
neb
hibernating

i think i would of ran over him if that happened to me
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 10:45 PM   #4
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Jeez. How'd you drive off? I would of beaten the living shit through him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartion
just jacked off is all..
Too much info there mate!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 11:00 PM   #5
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

What a little Shit, some poeple just have issues. When i see people parked in Disabled spots, they are just frickin lucky i have more to lose then them, so i leave em alone.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 11:13 PM   #6
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

I doubt that I would have driven off, pedestrians always walk behind my car when I'm reversing, it $hits me no end.

I think I would have got out and knocked the little punk into next week. :ticking:
Old 31-01-2005, 11:15 PM   #7
clampy
Mr Extraordinary

yeh i had to go bak to work... or i mighta shown him a peice of my mind(read fist)

cant beleive the little shit was still givin me evils.. almost pulled bak into car park to confront the bastard, but by that time he was in a busy part and i didnt wanna haf to be confronted by carpark security etc..

ps: thanks for that psycho.. haha.. just edited!
Old 31-01-2005, 11:19 PM   #8
clampy
Mr Extraordinary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoked
What a little Shit, some poeple just have issues. When i see people parked in Disabled spots, they are just frickin lucky i have more to lose then them, so i leave em alone.
yeh considerin im on E plates.. i got alot to lose..

even a single speeding fine and im back to buses for 9 months.

and maybe the dole line.
Old 31-01-2005, 11:23 PM   #9
Walkinshaw
Two > One

should have held him and called the police, get him on matitious property damage.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 11:24 PM   #10
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

i hate people who cant be bothered to wait for a car if its reversing, it hapens all the time to me when im at shopping center carparks, they dont bother loking where theyre walking and if im already half way out they still dont stop, then abuse you for not being careful!!!

some people.......geez >:(

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 11:31 PM   #11
XRQTOR
Banned

Bah if your dumb enought to walk behing a moving object you deserve to get run down, why i never stop till the screaming dies down.

Oh the thoughts that go through my head if some clown kicked my car. After mashing first gear at full lock and giving the oppisite side a matching dent, i'd bounce the little Fuker's head off the wall till he learn what RESPECT is...............Not going to say the rest.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 01:49 AM   #12
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll be walking through a car park then suddenly notice a car is running and about to reverse just as I come across the car - so I've been caught out a few times - but I certainly don't abuse car drivers or kick their cars - I'll either step back out of the way or move faster and get past the car. It really annoys me how some people think car parks are just a great big pedestrian mall and wonder why you get annoyed as they walk 3 abreast along the aisles of the carpark, knowing that you want to get past, but still won't get the f**k out of the way!
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 01:58 AM   #13
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Kicking the car is not on, but then either is reversing without looking at what's behind you. I wonder what you're post would have been had you hit and killed the kid? Perhaps something like:

"Now there was some kid walkin past i dont know how i didnt see but anyway it (I couldnt tell) screams at me when I hit it and leaves a nice big dent in my rear bar. Lucky it died or i would of killed it!"

Perhaps you need to think about who was in the right, and in who was in the wrong before posting this type of crap! If you are behind the wheel of a car, you are responsible for what happens in and around the car. Perhaps having nearly lost your license has not taught you that - I hope something does before you hurt or kill someone.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 02:30 AM   #14
Dez
Banned

tough, but fair call JC....

still, regardless of what happened before it all, if someone kicked my car while i was there to see it, he wouldnt be gettin off to easy...
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 02:40 AM   #15
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I agree that the kicking of the car is not the best or smartest reaction, but who knows how close the kid was to actually being hit. If I was the kid that was hit, I would (and have) kicked the car - in my case it was a commodore though, and I was hit (basically side swiped) on a pedestrian crossing. Dented the rear door with the kick, and only a minor scrape to my leg from the car. I lost myself in the crowd before the d!ckhead driver had a chance to get out and do anything about it. Lots of witnesses for me though!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 02:48 AM   #16
Dez
Banned

yeah i'm gonna have to side with you again mate....if a similar thing happend to me, and the driiver was in the wrong, and got smart to me, i'd probably kick his car, or have a go at him personally (just bacause i've had my car keyed. and would have rather'd the person having a go at me personally and not my property)
Old 01-02-2005, 12:06 PM   #17
FNQracing
RAGE Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
yeah i'm gonna have to side with you again mate....if a similar thing happend to me, and the driiver was in the wrong, and got smart to me, i'd probably kick his car, or have a go at him personally
I really see no excuse for this kind of behaviour. There is no excuse for damaging someone elses property no matter if the other party is at fault or not.

Shit happens, and sometimes people make mistakes. Get over it. One day you'll end up kicking the wrong persons car and end up in hospital. By all means have a go at him/her, but to damage another persons property is just poor form.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:16 PM   #18
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Yep. I agree with FFO. You can whinge to the driver all you want. but you lash out and damage property you deserve to be in intensive care.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 01:06 PM   #19
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFOracing
I really see no excuse for this kind of behaviour. There is no excuse for damaging someone elses property no matter if the other party is at fault or not.

Shit happens, and sometimes people make mistakes. Get over it. One day you'll end up kicking the wrong persons car and end up in hospital. By all means have a go at him/her, but to damage another persons property is just poor form.
how bout quoting the rest of the post? the part where i said its better to have a go at the person, and not their property...
Old 01-02-2005, 01:27 PM   #20
ford.boy
Prodigal Son

Once I got hit by a BMW who didn't lok where she was going. I was weaaring my school backpack with a metalworkproject in it. Needless to say, shehit from behindso the was a massive ding on her bonnet where shehitmeand I fell on the car. She got out and wanted my address so she could send the bill, told her to go get f*cked -- 'jump of a bridge bitch you hit me from behind' style. and kept walking.

Glad I did damage without meaning to.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:41 PM   #21
FNQracing
RAGE Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
how bout quoting the rest of the post? the part where i said its better to have a go at the person, and not their property...
You mean this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
(just bacause i've had my car keyed. and would have rather'd the person having a go at me personally and not my property)
Double standards here mate. You'd kick someones car, but when YOU were in the same position, you'd rather they did'nt damage your car.

I think you clearly stated that you'd kick their car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
yeah i'm gonna have to side with you again mate....if a similar thing happend to me, and the driiver was in the wrong, and got smart to me, i'd probably kick his car, or have a go at him personally
That's your choice, fine. But one day you'll kick a burly security guards car and end up at the human panel beaters.

If a driver does hit you, that's technically an accident, and you have the choice of reporting the incident to the police. That's your choice at the time. If it were me, and I beleive it was an accident, then I'd let them know I wasnt happy and leave it at that, provided I was'nt injured. Sometimes they just don't see you. You need to treat each case on it merits.

Taking physical action is only going wind yourself up in trouble.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:03 PM   #22
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

No excuses for kicking the car - no excuses whatsover. I would have confronted the little shit for doing that. But...

As for people behind the car when reversing.... unfortunately they will ALWAYS have the right of way - no matter how stupid they may appear.

I've seen first hand what happens when someone reverses into a little girl in a busy carpark and to this day it makes me feel sick... i imagine it would be just as bad seeing a smart-*** punk with fatal injuries....

Makes me check three or four times before letting off the brake, that's for sure.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:17 PM   #23
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

seriously, id rather have a dent on my car then having ran over some little kid on my conscience
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 04:30 PM   #24
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
seriously, id rather have a dent on my car then having ran over some little kid on my conscience
Same, but:

* If someone was behind my car and i came a little close to them, i would apologise BUT also suggest they look where they're going.

* If they were to kick/damage my car because of it, name and address details please, or an offer to call the police on the spot (I have actually done this).

* If no damage, move on and don't make an issue out of it. Plenty of people in the world who cant handle advice or reprimand, best to just go on your way and avoid an incident.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:35 PM   #25
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Time, place , you reversing , you hit something it's your fault no questions asked no excuses. Sounds tough I know. As for him retaliating thats just not on and there's no excuse for that either. Of course if you had called police he wouldn't have stayed around for them to get there anyway.