Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-01-2005, 01:44 PM   #1
Frankyd
Starter Motor

Default Location of all speed/red light cameras

Might be a repost and if it is sorry, but this site is brilliant, i could not believe how many cameras u just dont know about in your own area

http://www.roadwatch.com.au

probably usefull if your heading out to unfamiliar territory, dam revenue raisers.

Frank
Frankyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 01:59 PM   #2
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Only been looking for 5 minutes and it's missing a few.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 03:29 PM   #3
YOOT
Banned

The GIS database has a flawed search engine, I selected two destinations in QLD and both times it showed me NSW and Vic camers with distance to cameras ov 1300km, stupid software. :gren:
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 05:01 PM   #4
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOOT
The GIS database has a flawed search engine, I selected two destinations in QLD and both times it showed me NSW and Vic camers with distance to cameras ov 1300km, stupid software. :gren:
Same here...just did Mt Barker to Adelaide (35K's on the freeway) and it showed a red light camera in Mildura :

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 05:13 PM   #5
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8888
Same here...just did Mt Barker to Adelaide (35K's on the freeway) and it showed a red light camera in Mildura :
Haha thats funny. Hey, do you live in Mt Barker? We are moving there fairly soon, building there. I wouldnt have thought there would be too many cameras of either kind (fixed ones) from Mt Barker to Adelaide... it's just the cars with cameras on the freeway....

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 05:32 PM   #6
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Lol, I selected my suburb, and it came up with ones in Napier, which is ages away
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 05:43 PM   #7
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Haha thats funny. Hey, do you live in Mt Barker? We are moving there fairly soon, building there. I wouldnt have thought there would be too many cameras of either kind (fixed ones) from Mt Barker to Adelaide... it's just the cars with cameras on the freeway....
Occasionaly see the boys in blue on the freeway but not that often and I travel down to the city everyday. There was talk of a fixed speed camera in the tunnel ....Where in Mt Barker are you building?

Brad

PS...was that your car at the Airport viewing area on Wednesday night on Tapleys Hill Road about 8-30pm 'ish?

Quote:
Old 29-01-2005, 07:13 PM   #8
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Occasionaly see the boys in blue on the freeway but not that often and I travel down to the city everyday. There was talk of a fixed speed camera in the tunnel ....Where in Mt Barker are you building?

Brad

PS...was that your car at the Airport viewing area on Wednesday night on Tapleys Hill Road about 8-30pm 'ish?
Haha yeah that was me! I was there with my parents, next to the silver AU Fairmont. I was standing outside my car. We were watching my boyfriend take off actually. Me and Dad saw a red XR8 and were drooling!!! I guess that was you? Sounded awesome too!!!!

We are building in Mountain Glen Estate, opposite the Mt Barker Golf Club... building commences mid 2005 but we have the block in there already.

Oooooh fixed camera in the tunnel? YIKES!

Old 29-01-2005, 07:20 PM   #9
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Haev heard heaps of talk of fixed cameras in that tunnel, never had a ticket yet

chris
Old 30-01-2005, 12:04 PM   #10
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
Haha yeah that was me! I was there with my parents, next to the silver AU Fairmont. I was standing outside my car. We were watching my boyfriend take off actually. Me and Dad saw a red XR8 and were drooling!!! I guess that was you? Sounded awesome too!!!!

We are building in Mountain Glen Estate, opposite the Mt Barker Golf Club... building commences mid 2005 but we have the block in there already.

Oooooh fixed camera in the tunnel? YIKES!
Yep that was me.....you will be living across the road from me nearly...we are in Martindale Estate just accross the road.

Don't worry ...no fixed camera in the tunnel ( if there is it doesn't work :newangel: )...was only an idea they had a few years ago...will happen though.

Brad

Quote:
Old 30-01-2005, 03:22 PM   #11
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Yep that was me.....you will be living across the road from me nearly...we are in Martindale Estate just accross the road.

Don't worry ...no fixed camera in the tunnel ( if there is it doesn't work :newangel: )...was only an idea they had a few years ago...will happen though.

Brad
Hi Brad

Oh good, no camera there.... its all I need with the fines I have at the moment... I dont know of too many fixed cameras around Adelaide actually. That tunnel is a pain because they drop the speed limit to 90 in there, and no one does 90 in it...

Martindale Estate is lovely! Ive looked through there. However, we couldnt afford land in there, as much as we'd have liked to. Its a beautiful area.

I dont know if you have heard, but (as my Dad works for Mt Barker council as an engineer) apparently there is going to be a massive upgrade of that road that comes out of Mt Barker and past the golf course (the 50kmh one) and also they are planning an additional exit from the freeway to come out where yours and my estates are, to save going through Mt Barker itself.... I think it is just talk at the moment, but its fairly serious.... should be more convenient and also increase the values of our properties I should think.

Might see you around!

Jac

Old 30-01-2005, 04:46 PM   #12
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

All i can say is these thing are taken all the fun out of driving.
Old 30-01-2005, 06:00 PM   #13
Psycho Chicken
Banned

There's also a listing on that site for a speed camera on Bernard Street and Cavanagh Street in Cheltenham. Seemed odd, my high school is right over the road and I've never seen one, must be new.

Drove past today, not a camera in site.

And someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but there's a red light camera at the intersection of Sprinvale Road and Cheltenham Roads. I swear it's there, it's been there for as long as I can remember. Not on the site.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2005, 06:23 PM   #14
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
Hi Brad

Oh good, no camera there.... its all I need with the fines I have at the moment... I dont know of too many fixed cameras around Adelaide actually. That tunnel is a pain because they drop the speed limit to 90 in there, and no one does 90 in it...

Martindale Estate is lovely! Ive looked through there. However, we couldnt afford land in there, as much as we'd have liked to. Its a beautiful area.

I dont know if you have heard, but (as my Dad works for Mt Barker council as an engineer) apparently there is going to be a massive upgrade of that road that comes out of Mt Barker and past the golf course (the 50kmh one) and also they are planning an additional exit from the freeway to come out where yours and my estates are, to save going through Mt Barker itself.... I think it is just talk at the moment, but its fairly serious.... should be more convenient and also increase the values of our properties I should think.

Might see you around!

Jac
Jac

I hope that exit does get built as it would make it a lot easier to get to the city each day.

Good luck with the building....you made a good choice to live in the area.

No doubt I will see you around...let me know when you start building so we can catch up and compare XR's.

Cheers

Brad

Quote: