Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-01-2005, 08:27 PM   #1
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Default Albury AFD "The Wash Up"

Many thanks to the guys/girls from the Albury/Wodonga Ford Club for their hospitality and organization of a great Saturday and Sunday event.

Myself and kev_xr8ute cruised up on Saturday morning at a leisurely pace, booked into the motel about 1.30 and gave the cars a quick once over before the cruise that took us out of Albury to Thurgoona, across to Hume weir and then back to Wodonga via the Black Stump pub.

We all then went to the park opposite the motel for a pizza dinner and a couple of cans, followed by some games of thong throwing and tyre rolling, great fun it was too with everone getting involved.

A few of us, namely myself, smciner1, pearly and a mate i took went out on the town, we were rather well lubricated before we left and started at a Irish pub, we had a few there and decided to move on because it wasnt really happening, we got a cab and did a couple of laps of Albury with Shane and my mate reciting some lovely verses of a rather vulgar comedian, much to tha cabbies disgust.
We eventually got dropped of in Alburys night club zone (all 2 of them) and Shane was refused entry because he was wearing his "johnny rebs" and the meat head bouncer thought they were steel capped, so we went across the road to another establishment that turned out to be a pub down stairs and a night club upstairs, well what a night ! We drank absoluetly bucket loads of spirits and danced our feet off, we left about 2.30am paraletic and staggered back to the motel which is about 1.5k's away.
The alarm went off at 7.30 so i got out of bed rather shabby, and proceeded to give the car a once over before going over to the park and setting up for the days activities, we were lucky enough to have a couple of trees to park near, that gave us some shade, with the Murray river just 10 metres away, i had a couple of swims during the day to cool off, what a magnificent venue to hold a car show i must say.

What a great array of cars were on display,and a few members of AFF's, some from Canberra, Sydney and in between. A very well run event at an awesome venue, the Albury Wodonga Ford Club can be very proud of themselves.
We left about 4.30 and had a bite to eat in Wangaratta before cruising back to Melbourne, got home about 9pm rather tired from a great weekend.
For those of you that havent been to this event, you are missing out on a well run weekend for Ford enthusiasts, it is a must do on my calender now.

Thanks again Dave, Botch and all the others for an awesome time !
Old 31-01-2005, 08:35 PM   #2
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds like the weekend lived up to its awesome reputation! this is the first year ive missed...wish it had of been possible to make it but it wasnt - next year though!

so where are all the pics? :hihi:
Old 31-01-2005, 08:48 PM   #3
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Great weekend!

Pictures are on my site Dave if you want to have a look...

Plus this one of Cam

hehehe

Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 08:52 PM   #4
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha errr noice photography there mate

gee that tree looks familiar though!

so how many cars were there, and did anyone we know take out prizes?
Old 31-01-2005, 09:23 PM   #5
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

hehe nice singlet tan hehehe :voldar02:

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 09:43 PM   #6
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

I second all of what has been said there Cam it was a top weekend. Im sorry mate but as we all know (that were there) there was a good reason why we were all sitting around the back of my ute and it wasnt to look at u buddy as much as u wanted us too.

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT

POWERED BY VISA MASTERCARD AND MORE VISA
(And now a mortgage extension)

Disclaimer :

: Anything that seems or sounds illegal is all in my head and due to an over active imagination... :
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 09:45 PM   #7
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

ohh and im not talking about the shade. And there were a few reasons you need to jump in the river to cool off

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?

POWERED BY VISA MASTERCARD AND MORE VISA
(And now a mortgage extension)

Disclaimer :

: Anything that seems or sounds illegal is all in my head and due to an over active imagination... :
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 09:49 PM   #8
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Yes Kev, there was some lovely sights to see, not the cars.lol. I am still trying to come to grips with it all.
It was good to get the brothel creepers (tm) out of the cupboard for the weekend.lol :
Old 31-01-2005, 10:01 PM   #9
Pearly
Lowriding

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the time spent at most functions taking photos free for us 

Hey Kerry,

Can FF.au have the same spot next year for the display??

Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 10:03 PM   #10
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

I had a whole lot of fun again this year!

My brother and I drove up Friday night and checked in about 11:30pm.... stayed up till 4am drinking and watching the various late night rubbish on the 5 or so pay tv channels at the hotel.

Woke up Saturday nice and late and decidied to clean the 10 million or so dead bugs off the front of the XD, spent the next 4 hours getting it right only to see it start raining as the cruise was about to get underway. Decidied to catch a lift instead (huge thanks to Genebaby for giving us a ride in his beautiful red XR8). Got back from the cruise and after lugging the esky full of beer across to the park managed to get talked into playing a bit of cricket by Chris (ORSMXR) which is an exceptionally bad idea when your wearing jeans and the temp is hovering around 30 degrees and humidity around 70%!!! Wound up back at the hotel with the 3FB and Canberra crew drinking in the BBQ less BBQ area. Was all going well until we got booted out somewhere around 12 (no memory of the exact time) and I finished up sinking a few on someones hotel balcony with the Brockmister (JR).

The show went down without a hitch, found the heat had me pinned to the shade by about 10am and spent the day alternating between the various groups hiding in the shade. Wound up with xbcoupe302 (and crew), pearly and my brother in the ultimate shade spot... Full view of the show and an even better view of the bikini clad talent cooling off in the river!!!

Big thanks to everyone that made the event happen and and a huge thanks to everyone that made the effort and came along. Another great weekend!

Cheers,
Greg
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 10:16 PM   #11
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly
Hey Kerry,

Can FF.au have the same spot next year for the display??

Those photos make me misty eyed Pearly........OH DEAR............ :tosser1:
Old 31-01-2005, 10:47 PM   #12
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

You guys are unreal we want that spot next year.
Well the cruise was fantastic as it was last year as l think we had a few more cars than last.

Congrats to Kerry and the Gang (Albury/Wodonga Ford Club) it was a well run event with a few more cars up for judging ,l think the heat put alot of people off on coming out to see the cars then last year but to say the view was alot better than last thank god that there is a RIVER right beside the show.

Also Congrats to the orsm bunch of guys who go to these events.

See you all in the very near future.

Cheers Chris
Old 01-02-2005, 06:25 PM   #13
xbcoupe302
formerly xbwgn

good day had except for the doof doof= music for 4 ho=urs but the views where good as greg said . And g=reg remember u r a bad man sorry aboput the typing but when i hit backspace it puts a sign there for some reason???

weekend driver XB COUPE

daily driver ZH FAIRLANE

project cars V8 XB WAGON
V8 WINDSOR POWERED BLUEBIRD WAGON

wrecking v8 XD WAGON
xbcoupe302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 06:28 PM   #14
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

chris i dont thin u know who iam (blue ED fairmont with XR front) but on saturday night u raced my im my m8s supercharged VX berlina dark blue well done m8 smashed him i yelled out the window go the fords only for him to get pulled uo by the cops near the river lol doin 150 he told them he was doin 120 he might get away with it to ur car was close to my favorite there luv the no spoiler look it looks :king: well done lol
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels

Last edited by DJM83; 01-02-2005 at 06:30 PM.
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 06:35 PM   #15
rodderz

Cam....

You better start spending more time on the bike rather than in the truck, those chicks will start tripping over your beergut....lol

Looks like you had a ripper spot there
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 07:24 PM   #16
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Well yes guys you can have the same spot again.
:P

Glad you all enjoyed yourself, even though we had a few little hicups.

I was really surprised with the number of people who just kept walking in to have a gander at all the going on.

I also had a bit of a laugh at the sore looking heads on sunday morning.
Hopefully next year we will have the Forums display as the biggest.
:P

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED

Back in a Ford XR. MA XR5 Mondeo

TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 07:45 PM   #17
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

Hey pearly do you have any more pics of the talent.
I new I should have left the the video camera sitting on the tailgate running. lol.

Hey Cam I think we should take a quick cruise up to "OUR" spot and put our names names on the two trees that were either side of our utes. LOL
Nothing could beat the site of those women that stripped down to their tini weni bikini's in front of us. Hehehehehe.
I want to go back NOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?