Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-02-2005, 02:19 PM   #1
MadManz

Default Paint Saga Continues on the Phantom GT-P

Well, I have spent half of today speaking with Peter Warren Warrick Farm Service Department, I wont mention the peoples names... But how would you react when you get told "Your paint warrenty is basically when you take delivery of the vehicle!!!" so whilst the rear bar is still peeling and showing Blueprint underneath and there is dust under the paint Its almost told that its not warrenty. Hmm maybe i should get some 1200 wet 'n' dry sand back the phantom and just maby i might have myself a hypercolour GT-P that might turn into a BluePrint.

Well after wasting time and effort on PeterWarren Warrick Farm Service Department. I then spoke with another ford dealer who has said that they will look after us i.e. Actually carry over the TRUE 3year 100000kms Warrenty. I will mention there name with approval so hang tight.

After that, I spoke with FPV Customer Service u know the one with the trained voice recorded people on the other end of the phone! Well i'll take that back now because after all the phone calls i finally managed to speak with someone with some knowledge.

I am now sitting here waiting for the return phone call from FPV and maby, just maby i might be able to take the car to a dealer so they can spend 1 hour and squirt a bit of paint on the back bar, hmmm seems unbelievable, but i spose thats what you get when dealing with people who dont give a Shi-T.

So the saga continues, and hopefully an update tonight with a Possible GO AHEAD, but i seriously doubt it.

p.s. what the most amasing part is, aparently ford have to make a decision to send out a paint inspector, who is amazingly on Holidays WOW, so all of ford around australia stops untill the fella gets back!!! No i understand we all need holidays, but geeze, if they wanna inspect the paint, pull the rear bar off, install a new one, paint it and send the old one to FPV to inspect.

It seems the attitude in regards to the Typhoon ("its the driver there is nothing wronge with our cars, oh btw dont take it to the track you'll loose ur warrenty!!!") has come over to the GT line.... Hmmm I think i'll Buy a holden next... Or maby a jap import. Anything as so i dont have to go through this exercise again. Sorta defeats the purpose of buying a NEW car...

Anywayz thats my bitch for today, Just wait untill tomorrows :nutsycuck

MadManz
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 02:39 PM   #2
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManz
Well, I have spent half of today speaking with Peter Warren Warrick Farm Service Department, I wont mention the peoples names... But how would you react when you get told "Your paint warrenty is basically when you take delivery of the vehicle!!!" so whilst the rear bar is still peeling and showing Blueprint underneath and there is dust under the paint Its almost told that its not warrenty. Hmm maybe i should get some 1200 wet 'n' dry sand back the phantom and just maby i might have myself a hypercolour GT-P that might turn into a BluePrint.

Well after wasting time and effort on PeterWarren Warrick Farm Service Department. I then spoke with another ford dealer who has said that they will look after us i.e. Actually carry over the TRUE 3year 100000kms Warrenty. I will mention there name with approval so hang tight.

After that, I spoke with FPV Customer Service u know the one with the trained voice recorded people on the other end of the phone! Well i'll take that back now because after all the phone calls i finally managed to speak with someone with some knowledge.

I am now sitting here waiting for the return phone call from FPV and maby, just maby i might be able to take the car to a dealer so they can spend 1 hour and squirt a bit of paint on the back bar, hmmm seems unbelievable, but i spose thats what you get when dealing with people who dont give a Shi-T.

So the saga continues, and hopefully an update tonight with a Possible GO AHEAD, but i seriously doubt it.

p.s. what the most amasing part is, aparently ford have to make a decision to send out a paint inspector, who is amazingly on Holidays WOW, so all of ford around australia stops untill the fella gets back!!! No i understand we all need holidays, but geeze, if they wanna inspect the paint, pull the rear bar off, install a new one, paint it and send the old one to FPV to inspect.

It seems the attitude in regards to the Typhoon ("its the driver there is nothing wronge with our cars, oh btw dont take it to the track you'll loose ur warrenty!!!") has come over to the GT line.... Hmmm I think i'll Buy a holden next... Or maby a jap import. Anything as so i dont have to go through this exercise again. Sorta defeats the purpose of buying a NEW car...

Anywayz thats my bitch for today, Just wait untill tomorrows :nutsycuck

MadManz
Good luck ...hope it turns out OK.

I took my Series III XR8 back after 12 months because the clear coat was peeling away in a number of places on the front bar.

Ford fixed it all up under warranty. If its a Ford problem then they should fix it under warranty IMO.

Cheers

Brad

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 02:55 PM   #3
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Ooooh... this is no good. In this day of 'customer-centric' business models, you cant help but wonder which textbook Ford's marketing gurus are reading from....

BTW mate how did you go getting that engine sorted out (we were chatting in SA about the cam timing on one of the banks) ?
Old 01-02-2005, 03:01 PM   #4
MadManz

lol um, there was no problem with it, just fords inexperienced mechanics win again, oh btw when i took it to MornTeim ford, i found out after, when i got back to sydney that they had busted up the shaker and GLUED it back together I swear to god if these fkwits dont pull them selves together i'll take the pricks to court
Old 01-02-2005, 03:17 PM   #5
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Let's hope you have more luck in doing so than US customers do with GM ;)

http://www.pistonslap.com

Spose the manufacturers are all the same at the end of the day... just need to find a decent dealership!!!
Old 01-02-2005, 03:26 PM   #6
MadManz

mate i fell the same way, what makes it worse is that the problem on the gt isnt a really expensive fix, cluck if it cost more than 150 bucks, and its still taken this long!!

might create a sign board outa the GT-P regarding the Lemons that ford are selling, then maby they will listen.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:14 PM   #7
b2tf
not here much anymore

Hmm, some interesting problems you're having there!

May i ask though, why does your rear bar have a layer of Blueprint underneath the Phantom? It is a replacement bar or something?

Admittedly i have never been in this situation (dont own an FPV and we've never had issues with the Fords we do own), but if i were in your position i would most definately stick my ground (as you already are), demand it to be repainted, if not - Department of Fair Trading.

A warranty is issued to the owner, you are the owner, and a warranty is a legally binding contract which basically says 'if anything stuffs up and its our fault we will fix it'. Perhaps it would be worth taking the car to a non-Ford affiliated panel shop (i.e. not a dealer), having them look at it, and give you a report in writing. If you get that and Ford still wont play ball, then it would be worth speaking to Fair Trading - an independent, unbiased report will certainly boost your case.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:17 PM   #8
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

mate the car is hardly a lemon because of some shitty paint. Granted id be ****ed to but Im sure it will get sorted.

Not that it should matter, but did you take it straight back?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 04:44 PM   #9
MadManz

to answer both posts, i have no idea why there is blueprint under the phantom, and i dont have the time to race around getting reports to prove ford wronge. Especially when its so obvious

and to me the car is a lemon when the suspention starts becoming loose, the paint falls off the car, and the fact that its a simple fix and they have draged it ova 3 1/2 weeks is FORD in general. if they wanna get it inspected i dont give a shi-T but take it off and replace it, then send it ova to the inspectors.

If i was to run my business this way i would go bust, but just mabey some of us actually know what customer service is about. If only they moved as quick with this compared to when i handed them the money for the car when i purchased it.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:50 PM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

Ok, maybe blueprint is kind of an 'undercoat' for Phantom or something, i really don't know. It just seems odd there would be 2 colours on one bar, not that im saying thats your fault or whatever.

As much as i hate to say it (and you might not wanna hear it), Ford are covering their asses by not taking the bar off. Im not saying theyre right and youre wrong, but just think about it - if they did take it off and put a new one onto your car, what happens if the paint on the old bar is fixable? Theyve just given you a completely new bar when they could have fixed your old one for a cheaper amount. So i can see why they would be doing that.

If you dont have the time to go running around to paint shops, how come you have the time to spend half the day at Ford? Not bagging you or saying you're lying, but seriously - if yuo just keep trying to argue the point over and over with them, odds are you will get nowhere.

Im just making suggestions, dont get me wrong i can imagine how frustrating it would be, maybe its time to change your tactics.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:03 PM   #11
MadManz

um i spent half the day with fords on the phone, and yeah the paint is fixable, geeze its just a matter of rubbing it back and respray, but you tell me how long you would wait for them to fix a matter such as this, and if your proud of your car and every day going down and seeing paint peeling off how u would feel?

it comes down to it that ford have taken too long, man you get promised return calls in regards to this matter and they never come, so again i gotta waste time and chase them up.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:05 PM   #12
b2tf
not here much anymore

Yep, and thats why if i was you id give them a report from a panel shop somewhere, and say "fix it or i am going to Fair Trading".
Old 01-02-2005, 05:10 PM   #13
rob_o

Thats not good to hear about the paintwork, hope things work out better for u and the car.

BTW whats the go with the shaker? How did they break it and how can they just 'glue' it together?
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 05:33 PM   #14
MadManz

easy, they had it on the floor and steped on it, i know this becaust there is arildite in the duct and out the drain hole onto the engine cover, GO FORD.

Well spoke with FPV again today ofcourse i had to chase them, but he will now look into it as to when the problem occured either at factory or at dealership. So lets see how long it takes now, i am guessing another 3 weeks before its fixed.

you know what if they dont fix it before the FPV day in melbourne i'll take it up there for everyone to see. i've had enough , i wont post anymore untill tomorrow ten i have had a chance to cool down
Old 01-02-2005, 05:36 PM   #15
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Do you have a pic of this?

Is this the same car that was at teh show us yout "t" day?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 05:56 PM   #16
MadManz

yeah its the GT-P at the show us ur "T" day with the shaker mounted
Old 01-02-2005, 07:23 PM   #17
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Sounds to me that you are at the point of explosion. Take it to another dealer. While you're at it, take off the old shaker, take it to the bodgy dealer and demand a new one or compensation for a new one. Go to fair trading, dont beat around the bush waiting for them, just do it. Don't waste time chasing them.

PS. Are you selling the GT because of this drama? It seems that you have done your biccy and will blame Ford in general now because of all your problems(2 probs). I've been a disgruntled customer before but I've bypassed dodgy people and gone straight to fair trading/ombudsman/ACCC. Dont go on blaming Ford for dodgy service departments. You get bad ones and good ones. Anyway just go and buy a magna mate, they have a huge warranty there for you :p
Old 01-02-2005, 08:59 PM   #18
SVR73
Mr Polish

That's bad news madmanz. Really enjoyed those cruises you did with me and the E series guys last year, you've got one wicked looking car.
I hope it all get's sorted out. PPG 2K paint is usually top notch. Dust under the paint. Now that's not good enough. Sounds like their paint shop ain't set up too well
Paint peeling on a respray job from my experience is lack of preparation but on a factory finish, now that ain't good enough either

When did the paint begin peeling? Some people use a pressure washer too close to the paint and straight at it and can take a strip of paint right off.
Unlikely that you would do that.
Today's factory paint finishes in most cases are pretty crap with very thick orange peel compared with some prestige new cars and crash repairers re sprays.
Lucky you don't have a holden, apparently there's 1 coat each of paint and clearcoat on the commodore with 2 pack baked enamel on bumpers and acrylic laquer on body (from what I was told)
Old 01-02-2005, 09:08 PM   #19
MadManz

Quote:
Originally Posted by banarcus
Sounds to me that you are at the point of explosion. Take it to another dealer. While you're at it, take off the old shaker, take it to the bodgy dealer and demand a new one or compensation for a new one. Go to fair trading, dont beat around the bush waiting for them, just do it. Don't waste time chasing them.

PS. Are you selling the GT because of this drama? It seems that you have done your biccy and will blame Ford in general now because of all your problems(2 probs). I've been a disgruntled customer before but I've bypassed dodgy people and gone straight to fair trading/ombudsman/ACCC. Dont go on blaming Ford for dodgy service departments. You get bad ones and good ones. Anyway just go and buy a magna mate, they have a huge warranty there for you :p
LMAO, thats prolly because they wont be in business for that long, i dont think sa could afford to give them another 100million dollars.

and the shaker was too long ago as i am in NSW and they are in Adelaide

Nahh we are taking the GT-P off the market as i really enjoy driving the car, but i would prolly never buy another ford again, if i wasnt worried about the paint i would have purchased a F250 and used it as a work vehicle
Old 01-02-2005, 09:10 PM   #20
MadManz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVR73
That's bad news madmanz. Really enjoyed those cruises you did with me and the E series guys last year, you've got one wicked looking car.
I hope it all get's sorted out. PPG 2K paint is usually top notch. Dust under the paint. Now that's not good enough. Sounds like their paint shop ain't set up too well
Paint peeling on a respray job from my experience is lack of preparation but on a factory finish, now that ain't good enough either

When did the paint begin peeling? Some people use a pressure washer too close to the paint and straight at it and can take a strip of paint right off.
Unlikely that you would do that.
Today's factory paint finishes in most cases are pretty crap with very thick orange peel compared with some prestige new cars and crash repairers re sprays.
Lucky you don't have a holden, apparently there's 1 coat each of paint and clearcoat on the commodore with 2 pack baked enamel on bumpers and acrylic laquer on body (from what I was told)

we noticed it around novenber-december last year, we purchased the car June last year and it has done 16,700kms. well the weird part is that there is blueprint paint under the silver and phantom paint.... I.E. no primer!
Old 01-02-2005, 09:48 PM   #21
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Thats good news that you're keeping the GT madmanz. Looking forward to seeing it if you come to the Bathurst cruise as I've never seen a BA with a shaker before. I hope everything goes well for you in your quest to get the bumber repaired.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:55 PM   #22
MadManz

yeah mate, i will be on the bathurst cruse, so we will have to catch up and have a drink during the lunch time break while were down there
Old 01-02-2005, 09:57 PM   #23
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Keep on them about it. I had many a run in with Ford back in 96 over the lack of paint on my new XR6. They keep telling me that was stardard. After many visit to the dealer the car was repainted where the paint was miss or peeling off. Don't give up & good luck.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:04 PM   #24
rob_o

Good to hear your keepin the GT-P mate, its one awesome car especially with the shaker (for those who dont know, Jason took me to my year 12 formal last year )

I just hope things get sorted, I'd hate to have this happen to a brand new car. Like mentioned before, there are good dealers and bad ones. Just get around them and talk to the big guns, they'll work somethin out for you. Demand that something is to be done, dont just ask otherwise they may not take you too seriously.
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2005, 10:13 PM   #25
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Come on MM, its the shaker thats at fault. All that shaking has worked the paint loose. So drop the shaker, and all your problems will be a thing of the past.

I hope you get it sorted out. Sounds like a job for the ford forums lynch mob. Where is Ratt, he works for Peter Warren, lets get him boyz

Keeping the GTP now. Thats good news.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2005, 01:48 AM   #26
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

lol so what jas, no more spl supra :'(

good to ehar your keeping the GT-P now bro, that things a beast!

btw you have to bring it back down to SA again for another cruise aye :P

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2005, 03:18 AM   #27
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:

you know what if they dont fix it before the FPV day in melbourne i'll take it up there for everyone to see.
see you there...

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2005, 09:16 AM   #28
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
you know what if they dont fix it before the FPV day in melbourne i'll take it up there for everyone to see. i've had enough , i wont post anymore untill tomorrow ten i have had a chance to cool down
What a cool idea. Do it. I would
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2005, 10:13 AM   #29
MadManz

carefull i've been known to take on everychallenge bucky!!!

Um depends on work and if ford keep going the way they are atm, i WILL be there.

Thanks for the feedback fellas and champsky, yeah i was driving the GT-P a lot and started to get use to it, thats why we decided to sell it, but we had nothing but tire kickers, except for a couple of inquiries. but then after 2 weeks i hoped in for a drive and decided to take it off the market, so no more TT Supra for SPL, but we might just attempt to go the SPL in the GT-P :

just means we need even bigger subs