Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 05-01-2005, 12:38 AM   #1
needturbo6
ooga-lagga-ligga-lagga

Default Sounds a lot better now

i got these $5 supertweeters from jaycar ages ago, apperently hyundai excess stock. 40w RMS, mylar dome,....

theyve still got a few left... HERE

It is well worth it for any std system. Ive just got a near new pioneer 50x4 and after swapping tweeters the diffenence is huge, pretty much midrange and up is a shitload clearer. Ive got a dash mat too and u could hardly hear the std tweeters b4 but now you know theres sound comin from there. i cant believe its not butter, no seriously.....fully sik!!!

Easy as **** to install, remove that front panel(two allen keys each side), remove tweeter mounts, remove shite paper cone tweeters, extend supertweeter wire with the old ford tweeters wires, put superglue around foam edges of supertweeter "gasket" and hold to grille fabric....a pic:

the super glue i used was the best on the market IMO - loctite 406. anyone used it? got the fumes in ur eyes? ****in stings!! haha

a very well spent $10 thats 4 sure. highly recommended if u havent already upgraded to splits.

and a quick Q? just wanna make sure b4 i go out buying speakers, anyone know what size are the door speakers on an EB2? is it 6"?
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2005, 12:45 AM   #2
InitialD
Low and Loud

Jaycar? Hmm i wonder if Jaycar here in melb have them

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2005, 12:57 AM   #3
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

The Supertweeters are an awsome price for what they are.
I bought a set when i first started at Jaycar and installed them in the factory position, they are great.
You dont need a crossover, as its built in.

There is jaycar stores in Melb, in Springvale and Coburg, also Geelong and Frankston.

EB2 is 6", we used to have a very good 6" High Quality speaker that sounds great in Ea/D's but they are pretty rare now.
:(

"Experimental Racer" #6
1994 Gunmetal XG XR6 1997-1999
[B][COLOR=Red] 1994 Le Mans Red ED

Back in a Ford XR. MA XR5 Mondeo

TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2005, 10:57 AM   #4
Thanatos
E-Series Owners Club

Yer, those supertweeters are unbeleivable for the price! We put a set in my mate's car and i couldn't beleive how good they sounded!

And, I know the Springvale store has them...
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2005, 07:54 PM   #5
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are these for EA-ED stock systems or will they also improve stock EF speakers as well? Need something a bit better till i decide which splits im going to put in....
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2005, 10:28 PM   #6
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

They are good for any car.

"Experimental Racer" #6

Old 05-01-2005, 11:39 PM   #7
old_mate
Smash the Boost

mm Kerry

Do Jaycar still sell those 2 channel amps? 2x100wrms or something?

Im looking to upgrade the stereo in mine, and have only heard good things about Jaycar stuff again lately

Would be keen on a couple of 10in subs too

1971 Fairmont Sedan

1974 SWB F100

Keyboard Warrior - A Person who, being unable to express his anger through physical violence (owning to their physical weakness, lack of bravery and/or conviction in real life), instead manifests said emotions through the text-based medium of the internet, usually in the form of aggressive writing that the Keyboard Warrior would not (for reasons previously mentioned) be able to give form to in real life.
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2005, 11:33 AM   #8
TIKFD6
Number 5 is alive!

Yes mate there is a 2x150 and a 2x100(really a 2x84wrms).
the two by 150 is by far the better amp.

"Experimental Racer" #6