Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #1291
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
Parsnips AND Swedes? You must really hate those Grand Kids.
HATE them......they are the air that I breathe..........no reason for life without those little buggers.

my wife works as an in home care provider for a couple of large organisations.

she took a couple of my pasties out to a couple of clients to try (full sheet of Pampa's puff pastry per pasty, so on the large side)......I knew one of the clients love's pepper so I "overdosed" one especially for him.

his daughter tried a piece and immediately placed an order for a couple of dozen of them and spread the word, within a day I had orders for 20 dozen.

given the exercise is simply a "weekend project" for my fantastic grand kiddies and myself to spend some "quality time together, I am very heartened that the produce that ensued is enjoyed by so many others.

ended up with 30 pasties.....spread amongst the family and friends.

we had a ball, 3 kid's, well 4 actually counting me, we had flour everywhere, a vegetable peel fight as well as a "largest' pasty competition, where the largest pasty capable of being baked, without splitting, won the day........ice cream was the prize, grandson 4.5 won.

we had smily face competitions for the best "impression" left on the top of the pasty after baking.

then the best part.....an "eatathon" who could eat the most pasty's.

given kids, and particularly littly's, won't eat vegetables I think this is a huge achievement..........

over all an exceptional weekend that I would recommend every grandparent, parent, significant other get into simply to enjoy the kids.

my gripe for today........sorry haven't got one!...........too nice a day to whinge, but I will find one before the weeks over, somebody will stuff it up for me.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #1292
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaya View Post
Grrrr. I just can't believe this. I parrallel parked in town last night. Had 2 beers at my watering hole. Headed back across the road to the car. Was somewhat distracted by a dressed up dude who stands outside a restaurant and also, sitting just up the way, a young back packer girl. Hopped in the ute, had to reverse back a couple of meters so as to make clearance to swing out into the road and backed straight into a hire car Camry.
For Pete's sake, totally did not even notice the Camry parked behind me. Total blank on it's presence. First I knew was the clang. Darn. Just a few dents on the bonnet and a cracked headlight, but here goes a few hard earned dollars. If bad, insurance will cover.
Thus ends my gripe. Could be worse, learnt from it, but damn.
Cheers Poppa. You can always get the D.A. dvd or find it on the Net.
You didn't see the Camry because you saw this:

"and also, sitting just up the way, a young back packer girl"...!!!!!!!!!
Old 26-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #1293
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
HATE them......they are the air that I breathe..........no reason for life without those little buggers.

my wife works as an in home care provider for a couple of large organisations.

she took a couple of my pasties out to a couple of clients to try (full sheet of Pampa's puff pastry per pasty, so on the large side)......I knew one of the clients love's pepper so I "overdosed" one especially for him.

his daughter tried a piece and immediately placed an order for a couple of dozen of them and spread the word, within a day I had orders for 20 dozen.

given the exercise is simply a "weekend project" for my fantastic grand kiddies and myself to spend some "quality time together, I am very heartened that the produce that ensued is enjoyed by so many others.

ended up with 30 pasties.....spread amongst the family and friends.

we had a ball, 3 kid's, well 4 actually counting me, we had flour everywhere, a vegetable peel fight as well as a "largest' pasty competition, where the largest pasty capable of being baked, without splitting, won the day........ice cream was the prize, grandson 4.5 won.

we had smily face competitions for the best "impression" left on the top of the pasty after baking.

then the best part.....an "eatathon" who could eat the most pasty's.

given kids, and particularly littly's, won't eat vegetables I think this is a huge achievement..........

over all an exceptional weekend that I would recommend every grandparent, parent, significant other get into simply to enjoy the kids.

my gripe for today........sorry haven't got one!...........too nice a day to whinge, but I will find one before the weeks over, somebody will stuff it up for me.
That post is just SO full of awesomeness!
Thanks Poppa.. Bloody legend you is!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-08-2014, 09:17 PM   #1294
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks mate......gotta enjoy, and play, with the little ones now while they are little.......they grow up too damn fast........eldest is 6 now......where the hell did that time go?

parents have little time, me, I'm time rich but kid poor.......so I steal them when I can.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
Old 26-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #1295
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
thanks mate......gotta enjoy, and play, with the little ones now while they are little.......they grow up too damn fast........eldest is 6 now......where the hell did that time go?

parents have little time, me, I'm time rich but kid poor.......so I steal them when I can.
Yep, like I said to my son (about his son) a while ago "have fun with him while you can. He's only going to be a 10yo once "
Old 27-08-2014, 05:12 PM   #1296
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Chasing my tail with constant repairs on cars when you just get them.

Had to pull the C4 out, (as it was dead) and the exhaust ran under it. No movement in the slip joint....so I cut the sucker.

A bit more than a week and the gearbag is in. Test running the engine the other day gave an intermittent misfire....dizzy was modded to hall effect style in its past life, and its hitting the reluctor wheel.....on the inner on one side, and outer on the opposite side. Tells me a shaft bend, and possible worn bush....but the vacuum advance plate is worn, and gummed up.....and I cant get new rotor button to the above mods.....so easy answer is a new distributor. (if anyone knows where to get me a cheap MSD for the clevo it would be much appreciated).

Got flange plates and plumbed up the exhaust nicely.

While doing the exhaust, I saw a brake line leak-tighten equals split joiner.
Left exhaust piece off as its easier to access the leaking mongrel joiner. Mates were over the other night, and helped fit a new master cylinder that I had, but due the same joiner that defied all efforts to fix it, said vehicle left as it was.

Basically today I just cut the old line out, and put another one in (that didn't run under the exhaust).
Repairing a vehicle modded in the past is great fun.

Still haven't test driven the C4 yet. Ran on stands ok

I am waiting for the next 'I hate that' thing to pop up to deny me my enjoyment of said 'toy' that I don't get to drive.

Last edited by my_gxl; 27-08-2014 at 05:21 PM.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2014, 06:40 PM   #1297
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Here go's -

Moronic drivers in huge dual cab utes who think they are above the law, ducking and weaving whilst speeding through traffic and nearly cause an accident.

Moronic drivers who turn from the centre of the road slowing up the flow of traffic.

Rude customers who believe its their god given right to receive discount on product.

Customers who undermine my age and experience.

Reoccurring health issues that no one knows what it is or therefore how to treat it.

Workman who don't show up when they say they will. Is a call to say "I cant make it today" too much to ask.

Running around like a blue *** fly doing to the workload of 4 people.

JUST had to vent
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #1298
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

WTF is with people turning left or right at an intersection feeling the need to swing out of their ******* lane in their ******* Micra's, Corolla,s and EVEN 4WD with damn soccer mums!!! If you're in a car I'm going to say 98% of the time you have no need to swing into someone else's lane because you got your drivers license online you MUPPET!! ARghhh so sick of Melbourne drivers and people who can't judge their cars to slot between others...I mean **** I fit my falcon everywhere just today I was slipping between one parked car and one in my lane to get into the turning lane, it was a squeeze but I had at least a foot each side then I see this asian in a honda jazz just sitting there blocking everyone!!

Or even people in the right lane who leave room to fit a truck between them and the car in front so you can't get into your turning lane because their fat asses are hanging out!!

Can we bring in a new grading stickers on cars? Like A - F, where as A is a true and trusted driver, and F is the bogan with this 7 kids in the back of his commodore without seatbelts!!!

Argh so damn sick of sharing the roads with people who can't even tie their shoelaces...

Rant over!

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-08-2014, 09:25 AM   #1299
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tut0r View Post
WTF is with people turning left or right at an intersection feeling the need to swing out of their ******* lane in their ******* Micra's, Corolla,s
As we like to call it the Sherman Tank syndrome. Couldn't fit a micro car in a 6x6 garage.
Old 28-08-2014, 11:28 AM   #1300
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what is it with silastic.......a blokes gotta stick his grubby great finger in it to make sure it's "smooth" even though it went on even in the first place.

then a feller has "sticky finger" syndrome all day long......reminds me of something long ago.....oh! no hang on, wrong again, I remember now, that was "stink finger".

Geez! I really I hate bad back's.

Old 29-08-2014, 12:00 AM   #1301
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_gxl View Post
Chasing my tail with constant repairs on cars when you just get them.

new master cylinder

I am waiting for the next 'I hate that' thing to pop up to deny me my enjoyment of said 'toy' that I don't get to drive.
New master cylinder leaks out the proportioning valve cap on the back of it.
Seller asked how I bled it, and if I replaced the o-ring fitted behind the master (which it doesn't have), both of which have nothing to do with it leaking.

I did get what I was waiting for I guess...
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2014, 07:28 PM   #1302
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looking on eBay for XB Fords for sale.
32 results found.
8 are actually XBs,the rest are not.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:20 PM   #1303
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

...... When you download an old game online (Steam) and it wont work on Win 7.

But when you try to contact the company you just get on the merry go round and cant find an email address to complain to.

(It's only $10, but I'd still like a refund!)
Old 03-09-2014, 09:38 PM   #1304
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Hey Gaso, have you tried running it under the XP compatibility mode? Just go to it's install folder and find the .exe file, then right click in it and go to properties. Find the compatibility tab and I'm sure you'll work it out from there.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #1305
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Yep, tried just about most of the 'solutions' offered by the Steam forums, still zilch!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:00 PM   #1306
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are you running 32 or 64bit windows? I have a great program, James Cameron's Titanic Explorer designed for Windows 95 onwards but it will not run on Windows 7 64bit version.

Just a thought!!

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-09-2014, 11:32 PM   #1307
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

64bit.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:41 PM   #1308
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
...... When you download an old game online (Steam) and it wont work on Win 7.

But when you try to contact the company you just get on the merry go round and cant find an email address to complain to.

(It's only $10, but I'd still like a refund!)
What game is it? Usually stuff on Steam has been patched and is all good?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2014, 12:09 AM   #1309
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
64bit.
Wonder if it could be the same as my old game - other users have said that the Titanic explorer will run on 32bit windows 7 but it won't even load up on my machine - Web site forums have no answer to making run either.

Does the Help desk say anything about 32 or 64 bit windows?? As I said before, I'll confess to not knowing a lot about Windows but I now know that some old games just won't work with 64bit windows.

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2014, 10:41 AM   #1310
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
What game is it? Usually stuff on Steam has been patched and is all good?
Act of War. circa 2005 by Atari.

I was looking for a game similar to the Command and Conquer/Red Alert series and this one seemed to fit the bill.

The Steam site says not Win8 compatible but no mention of Win7
Old 05-09-2014, 01:45 PM   #1311
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Car radios where you need to hold the on/off button down for 4-5 seconds to turn them off.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #1312
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Finally got Act of War to run.........used some of the fixes from the Steam forums.

One (or more ) must have worked.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:21 AM   #1313
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got one

Swine Flu
i had swine flu a couple of years ago, at that time never in my life had i been closer to death, no joking around, i would have written my will out had i had the energy
i was expecting my ticker to stop at any moment when it was at its worst, the bloody illness just took hold and day after day it just grinds you down, week after week it just kept right on going, massive difficulty breathing + the usual symptoms of flu, constant nose wiping, full in the head and lungs,every bone and muscle in your body aches, and zero energy to move,
it probably went for about 6 weeks in my case, what reminded me of this this is i currently have the good old normal flu(rolls eyes) .......... still not much fun but not quite as bad,
So i think it worthy of a jeez i hate that !
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2014, 12:34 AM   #1314
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Finally got Act of War to run.........used some of the fixes from the Steam forums.

One (or more ) must have worked.
you have done well grasshopper ;)

i have quite a few games on steam that no longer run, my brother the techy keeps upgrading my bloody computer, if i had my way i would still be on windoze .......95,.......... i liked 95, i knew how to use it ...... it worked well for me, XP like wise, i liked it, ...........i had it for years, it worked well for me .............. again with the god damned brother lol...... eek , although i must confess i like the liquid cooling ;)(thank you bro ).

half life multi player was one of my faves, day of defeat, battlefield 2 i really liked, the later battlefield not so much.
team fortress, and 2 forts where a bit of fun.

So i have another jeez i hate that, changing computer and game software !
Old 06-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #1315
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

^^ +1 for Win95 and XP.

Oh, and I should've added 'Works most times'
Old 07-09-2014, 08:49 AM   #1316
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Thieves. Worthless scum!! My sons ute was broken into last night, all his power tools and a bag full of hand tools taken. A big hit for an apprentice builder. Ute was parked on our front lawn behind a low hedge in an out of the way court where all the neighbours are pretty vigilant. Good quiet area where there's never any trouble. The ute has an ARB canopy which was locked, the scum forced the locks to get it open.

Waiting for the police to attend. Looks like a security upgrade effective immediately. Those scumbags will be back for the replacement gear. They just may meet a very angry Bearman instead.

God damn oxygen thieving scum. Geez I hate them!

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #1317
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bugger, dirty rotten mongrels, yes it makes you want to wait up with the shotty for the next few nights, been there done that......... got no satisfaction, with a bit of luck maybe the boys in blue might get the gear back..... fingers crossed.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:36 AM   #1318
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

any updates Bearman???
Old 09-09-2014, 08:44 AM   #1319
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

In such a quiet spot you have to suspect it was someone who knew the tools were there, which makes it even worse IMO, because now you start to second guessing yourself and spending weeks brooding over suspecting whether your mates might be involved.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #1320
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

The police report there has been a spate of theft from cars in my general area. They also report there has been a big spike across Melbourne generally of tradies vehicles being targeted and taking tools. They're taking this fairly seriously and putting resources into it as this isn't an isolated case.

I reckon its opportunists. Probably saw my son's ute and followed it to our address, come around at a later time for a look to see whats there then return again to do the burg.

What galls me is that we heard some activity at the end of our driveway, I was still up and our dog barked. It sounded like someone turning around at the end of our court. I went out for a look and saw nothing amiss. The more I think about it the more I believe this was their reconnisance, noting which lights were on, response time to noise etc. I reckon they returned much later and would have noticed no lights etc. They were quick as they grabbed only what could be easily extracted and carried, it wasnt a clean out.

It really craps me off to think I only just missed the feckers doing their reconnisance. Hopefully the money they get buys the drugs they OD on. Dirty scum!!!

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post