Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club

ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club The one and only place for the ORSM Ford Cruise Car Club members Forums

Old 04-12-2007, 08:29 PM   #1
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Matt's valued contributions in the technical area associated with AU/BA/BF & Terri instrument clusters & ICC's is considered the authoritative guide to work by members in this are of expertise. His contributions stand alone in the forum in this technical  
Default Standardised Show Spec Sheets

One thing I noticed that we were missing (other than myself, gordz and Tristan) was the fact that none of our cars displays a spec sheet about what is modified or special about our cars.

I think we need to generate a template that all members can use and display on their cars. This also means a way of holding the sheets in place also.

If any one has ideas please bring them up. I have a very basic one that I did for my self and Gordz for Numurkah.

I can also print these on a Colour Laser and also laminate them if required.

Matt

Contact me for all your Cluster Programming/Repairs & Window switch/ICC colour change for BA/BF/FG Falcons & Territory. Visit my SITE for info.

I Use and Recommend :
Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
auMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 09:00 PM   #2
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is a very good idea, makes people aware of the cars that are in the club and also helps to let people know whats different or been done to your car. I have a couple of ideas for a stand, similar to the one we use currently, but that will be able to be dismantled for easier transportation (the one we have now is a pain to take to the show, just lucky we have the wagon that often goes to shows too)
Would be good to see all cars in the club have these at future shows
XR-ENVI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #3
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Mine

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2007, 10:19 PM   #4
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

Yes this was disussed along time ago and it is a fabulous idea matt....I did one and put it out 4 every 1 to see,with not much interest

will u charge a fee so ur not outa pocket????
Cos i'll put my hand up for 1
Old 04-12-2007, 10:41 PM   #5
ORSMEB
Steve

This is a must. The look of the display will surely be credited by these stands..

I don't mind Tristans one.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:49 PM   #6
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

but can u pick the floor in it though
Old 04-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #7
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

something that everyone is able to print out themselves would be good and that did not mean you needed a high tech printer for, espeically if you are like us and make changes all the time. Something that is not model specific also of course and maybe with the club logo and of course a Ford Logo and maybe the option for a picture although a picture isnt too important as the car would be right there next to the spec sheet!!!
Old 05-12-2007, 12:54 AM   #8
ORSMF6
ORSM Ford Cruisers

yes as we discussed at the club meeting we are trying to find a way to make a compact fold away one that wont get scratched easy and so on ..
tristans one is nice but just to hard to cart around so shows for every one ..
i am looking at trying to get ones made to fit into a brief case or something so the glass doesnt get scratch and the paint aswell ...
the more people looking at ideas the better..
the stands need to come apart from the base plate .. so it can be stored flat..
but that will have to be strong fitting as if someone touches it i wouldnt want it falling onto my car or a club members ..
i think it will have to break down into 3 or so bits to make it easy to transport...

Orsm Ford Cruisers
ORSMF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 10:04 AM   #9
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

I might have a play around and try to bring some sort of stand to the next meeting.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 11:52 AM   #10
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

I really like tristans, but at a glance it doesn't look 'custom'. sure it's got the ORSM logo on it but just looking at it, it looks like an advertisement from ford. I Liked the way Matt put a large picture of the cars rego up top... instantly shows that the spec sheet is personalised and draws more attention IMO. merge the two designs / ideas and I reckon it's a winner

tristan, is that a .PSD?

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #11
BLKPHN
ORSM FORD CRUSIERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDZ
I really like tristans, but at a glance it doesn't look 'custom'. sure it's got the ORSM logo on it but just looking at it, it looks like an advertisement from ford. I Liked the way Matt put a large picture of the cars rego up top... instantly shows that the spec sheet is personalised and draws more attention IMO. merge the two designs / ideas and I reckon it's a winner

tristan, is that a .PSD?

Haha well i have achived what I wanted to make it look like it was straight from FPV, but personalized to my car.

Gordz yeah .PSD i'll send you a copy bit big via e-mail but msn might be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSM5LTR
but can u pick the floor in it though
yes you can !! AUTO as soon as i have some pic's im happy with they will go on the spec sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSMF6
tristans one is nice but just to hard to cart around so shows for every one ..
The stand i had fits in my boot with out a worry and i can still fit in piles of Alex's "stuff" , esky, Tub of cleaning products, camera etc etc and being the shape it id it fits in with the contours of the boot as well. Its as if it were made for ford????

Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

-[BLKPHN] (VIC) PLATES FOR SALE $495.00-
BLKPHN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2007, 03:11 PM   #12
XR-ENVI
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

jamie has some ideas floating round his head for a stand that he wanted to make for our cars.....depending on the amount of work involved in making it then he may be able to make more than one.

Our spec sheet is attached, pretty simple but perhaps an ORSM and maybe even FORD (dependant on legal stuff) LOGO could be put on. At Wagga we had the Cars number plate on the top and ford logo on the bottom. PIck away at them everyone, amnd hopefully we can come up with something that suits evry type of car. Also at the shows where it was impossible to take the stand as it doesnt fit in the boot due to the other stuff we put laminated, cut to shape, spec sheets on the rear quarter windows which was a good substitute