Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 10-12-2018, 10:20 AM   #1
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default First-ever Ford Focus Active

The first Ford Focus Active model will be introduced in 2019, and combines rugged SUV-inspired styling and true Ford driving dynamics as part of the most comprehensive Focus line-up ever offered to Australian customers

Focus Active is built upon the Focus’ new-generation platform, manufactured in Germany to offer a stylish new exterior, human-centric interior design, with Driver Assist Technology including Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) as standard

All-new Focus Active owners stand to benefit from a factory-backed five-year, unlimited kilometre warranty from participating Ford dealers across the country for peace-of-mind motoring and vehicle ownership

The Ford Focus Active will go on sale in 2019 to give Australians the most comprehensive Ford Focus line-up ever offered in this country. The Active will join the first ever Focus ST-Line, as well as new generation Focus Trend, which go on sale in Australia this December.
“The Focus Active is a strong addition to the line-up and is a great match to the active lives of Australians,” said Kay Hart, President and CEO of Ford Australia and New Zealand. “The German-sourced Focus range now offers new variants including the ST-Line hatch, ST-Line wagon and Active hatch, all designed to offer greater versatility and adaptability.”
Sourced exclusively from Germany, the all-new Ford Focus is the first vehicle to be built on Ford’s clean-sheet C2 global platform, which has given the Focus a sophisticated new chassis and advanced driving technologies with the goal of providing an energetic, engaging and rewarding fun-to-drive experience with impressive cabin refinement.

Focus Active: Designed for adventure
The first-ever Focus Active comes to market with a host of technology, features, safety and style. The Focus Active combines rugged SUV-inspired styling and driving dynamics in a versatile five-door hatchback from $29,990 (Manufacturers List Price, or MLP).
Instantly recognisable thanks to its elevated stance, Focus Active brings distinctive design, features and persona to the Focus line-up, which sees a clear differentiation between models lines that reflect the individuality of each.
Focus Active provides as much as 34mm additional ground clearance on its 17-inch alloy wheels to bring both an elevated driving position as well as greater versatility when tackling rough terrain.
Front and rear skid plates with inserts finished in contrasting silver further enhance the Focus Active’s visual identity, bolstered by a unique front bumper with LED adaptive cornering fog lamps, a honeycomb grille and LED Daytime Running Lights. In profile, a black beltline sees wheel-arch treatments adding to Focus Active’s rugged demeanor, while at the rear, twin chrome tail-pipes and an Active-specific bumper complete a strong visual theme. An optional Design Pack specific to Focus Active includes unique 18-inch alloy wheels, Adaptive LED headlighting with auto high-beam control, as well as privacy glass.

Focus Active: technology-laden for adventure and assurance
Focus Active comes with a comprehensive suite of Driver Assist Technology and safety features as standard. From its standard key-less entry and push-button start, Focus Active brings extensive air-bag coverage including driver, front passenger, seat-mounted front as well as curtain air-bags as standard. Seat-belt monitors front and rear cover all occupants, while child seats can be easily and confidently fitted using the standard ISOFIX mounting points.
Focus Active’s programmable MyKey™ allows owners to program a key for younger drivers that can inhibit incoming phone calls; restrict top speed; prevent deactivation of driver assistance and safety features; reduce audio system maximum volume, and disable the audio system altogether if occupants are not using seatbelts.
In addition, Focus Active’s standard SYNC 3™ system brings Emergency Assistance as standard. Emergency Assistance, when paired to a compatible smart-phone and within range, can automatically dial emergency services in the event of a serious accident.
Also part of SYNC 3™’s extensive capabilities, Focus Active features a full colour 180-degree split-view reversing camera, which offers a 180 degree view to the rear of the vehicle for improved visibility when reversing from difficult parking spaces or driveways.
Focus Active comes with Autonomous Emergency Braking with Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection as part of its suite of standard Driver Assist Technology. The Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection system includes Forward Collision Warning, Dynamic Brake Support and Emergency Brake Light Flashing, which can detect people in or near the road ahead, or who may cross the vehicle’s path. The system is able to automatically apply the brakes if it detects a potential collision and the driver does not respond to warnings, while it can also detect cyclists.
Lane Keeping Aid with Land Departure Warning is also standard on Focus Active, as well as an adjustable Speed Limiter that enables the driver to limit vehicle speed to help ensure that the vehicle is being driven to the conditions.
Optional Driver Assist Technology for Focus Active includes Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Stop & Go, as well as Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCA) and Active Braking. ACC with Stop & Go and Lane-Centring designed to help the vehicle maintain a comfortable driving distance from vehicles ahead, support an automated re-launch after the vehicle has stopped for a short time and help reduce stress during long road trips by helping keep the vehicle centred in its lane.
BLIS with RCA, which warns drivers reversing out of a parking space of vehicles detected that may soon be crossing behind them, can apply the brakes to avoid or mitigate the effects of collisions if drivers do not respond to warnings.

Interior design: Focus on innovation
Inside, the new Focus Active follows a fresh human-centric design philosophy, with greater passenger space and comfort than the previous Focus. A smart, de-cluttered dash layout sees a clean, well organised and space efficient console, while steering-wheel mounted shift paddles and voice-activated Sat-Nav on Focus Active ensure form and function for the most rugged Focus to date.
Also helping drivers stay connected on the move and wave goodbye to a tangle of cables in the centre console, a new wireless charging pad beneath the instrument panel enables occupants to easily charge compatible smart-phones. The pad automatically detects compatible devices to initiate charging.
Devices can remain connected via Bluetooth to Ford’s SYNC 3™. communications and entertainment system while using wireless charging. Supported by an 8.0-inch colour touch-screen that can be operated using pinch and swipe gestures, and compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto™, SYNC 3™iv allows drivers to control audio, navigation and connected smart-phones using simple voice commands.
[/COLOR]The Focus Active’s standard seat trim includes unique embroidery and more rugged, versatile cloth trim to complement more textured cabin materials and surfaces. There’s Active scuff plates to welcome occupants, while additional detailing includes Nordic Blue seat stitching also used on the steering wheel, dashboard and doors.
Cabin comfort is enhanced with dual-zone climate control as standard on Focus Active, while a narrower centre console – enabled by relocating switches and controls to the touchscreen – features soft knee pads for more comfort.

Focus: Dynamic to look at. Dynamic to drive
The Focus Active is powered exclusively by a new-generation 1.5L EcoBoost power-train, with a 134kW/240Nmv and eight-speed paddle-shift automatic as standard. A combined fuel economy figure of 6.4L/100km is achieved, with auto stop/start as a standard feature.
Focus Active also builds on the new 2019 Focus’ versatility with two additional, unique Drive Modes. In addition to the three standard modes offered in Focus – Normal, Eco and Sport – Active brings new Slippery and Trail Modes. Slippery Mode is designed to bring increased confidence on surfaces with reduced grip such as snow and ice. Trail Mode is intended to help maintain momentum on soft, deformable surfaces like a sandy beach or powdery dirt roadviii.
Focus Active’s driving dynamics also benefit from the advances delivered by Focus’ all-new C2 architecture that – combined with an all-new body structure – enabled engineers to enhance stiffness for greater responsiveness. Torsional rigidity is improved by 20 per cent compared with the previous generation Focus, and the stiffness of individual suspension attachment points is increased by up to 50 per cent, reducing flex for better body control.
The Ford Focus Active goes on sale in Australia in 2019 with an MLP of $29,990.

[

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 02-02-2019 at 08:28 AM.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2021, 05:07 PM   #2
Paul22

Default Re: First-ever Ford Focus Active

Upon reading the latest brochure (downloaded today) I see it still states the Active has paddle shifters.

Well, the 09/20 build (11/20 plated) doesn't have them despite the current brochure.

Further, I notice the centre button on the rotary selector now says 'L' rather than 'M'. Dunno what that means...

Its an odd feeling not being able to have any control over the transmission at all as I mainly use it for downshifting.

The version I drove today also had the Driver Assistance Package which may have something to do with it....

Even the sales team weren't aware of the deletion.
Paul22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2021, 08:16 PM   #3
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The "M" is for manual mode. I have it in my 19.75 build (June 2019) Trend, and it enables more control over the gears (holds them longer if desired). I have the Driver Assist Package AND paddle-shifts in the Trend.

I believe the "L" stands for lower gears (not sure how many that is), which is what my Mrs has on the Puma (no paddle shifters).

So it sounds like Ford have, indeed, "de-contented" the newest models. Be interesting to find out what (if anything) might have got added.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2021, 08:59 PM   #4
Paul22

Ok thanks for that regarding 'L'.

It only lowers by one gear and that's it and from what I can see it's an American thing - apparently the seppos are not sure how to operate an auto manually and with Ford's attitude to Australia we get what we're given and just suck it up!

From my drive I found it to be a very involving car which handles very well and is a comfortable ride to boot.

And there-in lies the rub they make a car that suits people with ride and qualities but deny you any control over the trans. Further, to select the lower gear requires you to feel for the knob and then press the centre totally and utterly ergonomically stupid.

Finally as I stated in my previous post there is no reference anywhere that the SelectShift is no longer included and it still appears in their current brochure (dated Feb 2021).

And yes I am aware of the right of the factory to change specs etc without notice but given the car was built in Sept '20 they've had reasonable time to change the spec sheet.

Car manufacturers are like the airlines: customers? they're a bloody nuisance!
Paul22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2022, 06:12 PM   #5
martyal44
2010 G6E

Hi can someone assist? I an looking at a 2019 Focus Active and the fuel flap has an E10 suitable sticker with a 95 RON required sticker. As E10 in Aust.is 94 RON what would be the recommendation from anyone's experience? Thanks.
martyal44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2022, 08:53 AM   #6
martyal44
2010 G6E

Well I got a white one, a 2019 Active from Booths Ford Gosford with 20k km and it drives so well, and 2 yrs warranty left. Can anyone help with questions?
* how do you tell if it's YM 19.25 or 19.75?
* does the park brake come on whenever you turn the dial to P and /or engine off?
* is e10 94 octane a bad idea for regular fuel use?
* what is the wiper stalk position for auto wiping?
Thanks in advance....
Old 22-06-2022, 11:58 AM   #7
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

I don't see why it would be any different to any other focus. E10 has been fine for years in all the focus' we've ever had

the VIN sticker in the door frame should have build date
no I don't believe so. Trans locks in P but if you listen, I don't think you can her the EPB engage. It's quite obvious when it does
one up (or down?) sensitivity set by the dial on the stalk
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-06-2022, 06:22 PM   #8
martyal44
2010 G6E

Thanks for that, I do have the manuals but also...

*does it have a pollen/cabin filter; looked behind glovebox already.
*if you come to a stop and the auto stop kills the engine and you press the start/stop button because you've parked, does that shut you down to walk off and lock?
Old 24-06-2022, 09:25 AM   #9
simon varley
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Bringing sanity to the Everest threads. 

when s/s activates the ignition is still on so yes, you have to hit the button to turn the car fully off. You may in fact find that if you don't, the engine will restart when you open the door. I think that might be deliberate as a sort of reminder
simon varley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-06-2022, 04:34 PM   #10
martyal44
2010 G6E

Thanks, I found I can stop but not brake so hard as to activate the system... but tell me
please if there is only a LHS reverse lamp as my neighbour was keen to tell me today that my RHS reverse light was out of action, the stop lamp, rear fog and parkers still work on RHS or driver's side. Lamp is hard to get off too so I was glad to leave it.
Old 28-02-2023, 05:22 PM   #11
martyal44
2010 G6E

RHS rear lamp is for fog light.