Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-09-2019, 01:40 AM   #1
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Cool or Cheap? - Vehicles painted with 'bed liner' texture

As per the title: What do you think of vehicles sprayed in 'bed liner' material?

Rather than spending maybe $6k or more on a full re-spray of an older vehicle, an alternative that I think looks rather cool (depending on color choice and which vehicle of course) is to go with the product originally used as 'bed liner'. Many now 'splatter' this product onto their project 4WD or even sedans etc.
The cost of the material is approx. $1000 for enough bottles to do an entire vehicle. DIY result can be very good, since it is a much rougher finish than automotive paint. Surface prep is much quicker for this product than for painting. It is best to repair dents first, but it will hide some small imperfections.

The product is 2-pack, mix the hardener into the main bottle before spraying.
The product can be tinted to all sorts of colors, such as green, blue, grey etc.

Here is a link with images of people's projects:
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...3D005C5CA2D803

Personally I think some of the blue ones looks coolest, followed by some of the green ones. I'm not so sure about grey or black, looks less stylish, or almost someone driving around in their primer..

I asked the guys at the local automotive paint shop about the product. I was told it's really easy to do DIY, and they had different types in stock, 'medium' and 'course' type.

Cheers,
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: