Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #31
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: OBD II reader and Forscan program.

Cool! Thanks!
Old 02-01-2014, 10:12 PM   #32
Strattos

I recently hooked my obdII reader up to check on some readings and out of curiosity selected the camshaft position sensor status as one of the outputs in the live data streaming.

In the 'value' column of the 'table' section in the live data streaming it came up with a value of 'yes fault' for the camshaft position sensor status.

There was no DTC related to the camshaft position sensor - should I be worried about it apparently picking up a fault?

Past: 1984 XE Falcon sedan 4.1L.
Strattos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 09:10 AM   #33
dgrover
Starter Motor

Can someone post a ebay link to an OBD reader that will work with a 1999 Falcon AU S1.
I have bought 2 from ebay and both dont work, so a confirmed link would be great.

Thanks !
dgrover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 09:47 AM   #34
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrover View Post
Can someone post a ebay link to an OBD reader that will work with a 1999 Falcon AU S1.
I have bought 2 from ebay and both dont work, so a confirmed link would be great.

Thanks !
This is the one I purchased. Has worked on my series 1 sedan and series 2 wagon

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/290618613...84.m1497.l2649

I did need to update the driver from the following link though.

http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/s...-obd2-software

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #35
dgrover
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I did need to update the driver from the following link though.

[URL="http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/s...-obd2-software"
http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/s...-obd2-software[/URL]
Thank's have just ordered it, but link to win7 driver is a 404 and must have been taken down.
Do you have a copy of driver ?.
Regards Don

dgrover@assoft.com.au
Old 03-01-2014, 01:10 PM   #36
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrover View Post
Thank's have just ordered it, but link to win7 driver is a 404 and must have been taken down.
Do you have a copy of driver ?.
Regards Don

dgrover@assoft.com.au
Email has been sent Don with what should be the correct driver

Didn't work using Gmail...fingers crossed hotmail it has worked with...

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 12:48 AM   #37
Daniel B

Hey dgrover I bought this one http://m.ebay.com.au/itm?itemId=190517488905 just over a year ago. Finally plugged it in today, connected via Bluetooth using an old Asus n10e netbook with only 2 GB of ram running Windows 7 ultimate. I did need to connect the computer to the device first via the Bluetooth and it automatically installed the drivers and then allowed me to connect in forscan.

On a side note I connected it to my dad's territory and it came up as a 2006 model although the car is an 09. And has quite a few error codes? Can someone point me in the right direction for getting more info.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Daniel B is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2014, 10:55 AM   #38
dgrover
Starter Motor

Thanks For Everyones help, have ordered unit and have enough drivers and software to hopefully get some readings.
Will report back when I recieve it and get it going.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:48 PM   #39
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

DTCs Here on this very site.

http://fordforums.com.au/dtc/dtc.php

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2014, 07:44 PM   #40
robertjp

I cant get real time codes from mine, butg it shows the KOEO codes but cant clear the codes. It keeps saying that test interrupted, any ideas.....
robertjp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #41
hales231271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strattos View Post
I recently hooked my obdII reader up to check on some readings and out of curiosity selected the camshaft position sensor status as one of the outputs in the live data streaming.

In the 'value' column of the 'table' section in the live data streaming it came up with a value of 'yes fault' for the camshaft position sensor status.

There was no DTC related to the camshaft position sensor - should I be worried about it apparently picking up a fault?
I get the same result for the camshaft position sensor.
Have another laying around I will swap out and run test again to see what values I get.

Would be nice if others using the reader could also check what values they get for the camshaft position sensor.

Cheers
Dazza
hales231271 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2014, 02:29 AM   #42
BHDOGS
Banned

my au fairmont v8 will work fine with this program i can even run the engine tests on it but the tests wont run on my friends au1 xr6
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #43
dwnsnow

Hi guys i also had the cam shaft position sensor fault value of yes any more info on this
dwnsnow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2014, 09:35 PM   #44
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnsnow View Post
Hi guys i also had the cam shaft position sensor fault value of yes any more info on this
Hi dwnsnow.

I hope that I am reading your poorly structured question correctly? Not sure of a value of Yes, but you may be looking for a detailed analysis of your DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code).

Look here
http://fordforums.com.au/dtc/dtc.php

Hint: Punctuation has a purpose and goes a long way. We are using a written media, so please utilise some of those skills you learnt at school.

Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

2 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2014, 09:54 PM   #45
Strattos

Hi Stu, he's referring to a response to my question at post number 32.

As mentioned in my post, there was no DTC listed.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:04 PM   #46
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Thanks Strattos.

It is hard sometimes to keep track of what sometimes appears to be random posts. That is why we have the "Quote" facility to keep the thread on track. Posting 10 posts later, 10 days later without reference can get a little confusing.

Thanks for clarifying.

Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 12-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #47
Strattos

All good, know where you're coming from. Congrats on getting the big girl back on the road again by the way.

Old 22-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #48
Strattos

Still messing around with my scanner and came across the following site, which provides additional information relating to DTCs:

http://www.fordobdcode.com/

While the DTC tool on our forums here works a treat, this site is also a help, providing a bit more info if needed.

You just enter your code in the search bar in the upper right of the main page and go from there.

3 users like this post:
Old 22-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #49
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Hi guys.
I posted a question about forscan and O2 sensors amplitude in the ecu section but i have no replies as yet, so i will try here

Other post:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...81&postcount=1

I also managed to get the engine running test to work once and it showed dtc po116 (ect) even though forscan shows 87deg and gauge is normal.
I also found one table under fuelsys shows error in cmp(cam pos sensor) while the engine is running.

There are no dtcs when i first connect to the car.
Has anyone else come across these issues?

Cheers, Andrew
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #50
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mif73 View Post
Hi guys.
I posted a question about forscan and O2 sensors amplitude in the ecu section but i have no replies as yet, so i will try here

Other post:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...81&postcount=1

I also managed to get the engine running test to work once and it showed dtc po116 (ect) even though forscan shows 87deg and gauge is normal.
I also found one table under fuelsys shows error in cmp(cam pos sensor) while the engine is running.

There are no dtcs when i first connect to the car.
Has anyone else come across these issues?

Cheers, Andrew
I made an error. There are two fuelsys pids, one says closed as in closed loop, the other
Says error.
The other ones are cmp_f =yes fault, the other is cmp level=LOW.

I didnt get any other faults in engine running test or dtc .

I did unplug an O2 sensor while engine running with no dtc and measured with a meter. It was sitting at 0.5v unplugged from car.

I still wonder why forscan displays over 2v for o2 sensors?
Weekend Toy: S1 AU Fairlane V8 with LTD bits, Tickford 17" wheels, front and rear chin spoilers, series 2 front brake conversion with Super pro bushes, Pacemaker headers, rear muffler removed, Kings/Pedders lowered suspension, Koni adj rears, painted headlight bezels, HR 2300kg hitch, 2 stage shift kit, trans cooler, reverse cam and media player.

Wife unit's : 2010 update FG XR6, reverse cam, HR 2300kg Hitch, German Maestro speakers, parcel shelf sub, trimmed mudflaps, batman stickers.

Last edited by mif73; 22-02-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 22-02-2014, 06:53 PM   #51
needaXYGT
AU II XR8

Is there a certain part number I need for my car? It's a series 2 xr8 ute.
Thanks.
needaXYGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2014, 10:17 PM   #52
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
I made an error. There are two fuelsys pids, one says closed as in closed loop, the other
Says error.
The other ones are cmp_f =yes fault, the other is cmp level=LOW.

I didnt get any other faults in engine running test or dtc .

I did unplug an O2 sensor while engine running with no dtc and measured with a meter. It was sitting at 0.5v unplugged from car.

I still wonder why forscan displays over 2v for o2 sensors?

Why does this car mock me?

Last edited by mif73; 22-02-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 23-02-2014, 10:44 AM   #53
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by needaXYGT View Post
Is there a certain part number I need for my car? It's a series 2 xr8 ute.
Thanks.
When you say part number, i assume you are talking about the equipment needed for diagnosis?
In this case we are talking about an elm327 with obd2 connector or clone from ebay etc and free forscan software.
The usb version is a bit more compatible.

Old 30-04-2014, 12:54 AM   #54
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

need help i've tried all day today to get the forscan to work it aint i have installed all types of driver's nothing seems to work i just get a pop up window saying make sure ignition is turned on. all i want to know is what driver do you guys run for it to work before i go nuts. b uy the way i brought this usb-obd2 cable, i've downloaded the driver still no luck

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300906920...84.m1439.l2649

cheers dean
BLU-220 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2014, 10:45 PM   #55
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2GHIA View Post
need help i've tried all day today to get the forscan to work it aint i have installed all types of driver's nothing seems to work i just get a pop up window saying make sure ignition is turned on. all i want to know is what driver do you guys run for it to work before i go nuts. b uy the way i brought this usb-obd2 cable, i've downloaded the driver still no luck

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/300906920...84.m1439.l2649

cheers dean
Hello Dean,
It seems the drivers are working if it sees the obd reader as a com device and it knows if the car is on or not.
Mine is similar to yours, its a usb v1.5a that i bought late last year.
Mine is using the driver disc that came with it and i set it up for win xp pro.

My driver is for silicon labs cp210x usb to uart bridge.

Driver files:
Silabenm.sys
Silabser.sys
Wdfcoinstaller.sys

My baud rate for this port is 9600,8 data bits, no parity,1 stop bit. No flow control.

Forscan is setup as auto in all fields for comms under general.

Let us know how it goes.

Last edited by mif73; 30-04-2014 at 10:56 PM.
Old 30-04-2014, 11:23 PM   #56
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

yes that's drivers i have installed same as you still nothing i'm getting sick of trying it to work i spent the last 2 days trying

ps.. do you want to try and get it to work on my laptop???
Old 01-05-2014, 12:15 AM   #57
mif73
CNC fixer guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU2GHIA View Post
yes that's drivers i have installed same as you still nothing i'm getting sick of trying it to work i spent the last 2 days trying

ps.. do you want to try and get it to work on my laptop???
Haha. Yes technology can test you big time.
It taunts me every day.

Fancy a drive over to the se suburbs on the weekend ?
We can check your pc with my obd and vice versa.

-Andrew.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:44 AM   #58
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

Quote:
Haha. Yes technology can test you big time.
It taunts me every day.
tell me about it, you don't know how many times i've punched the keyboard on the laptop just in frustration and anger i was all excited when i got the laptop & the usb - obd2 cable and to have all this trouble bloody it gets me very angry.

cheers dean
Old 01-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #59
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

I'm being a tad off topic as my question/s relate to an XH which is not OBD2 compliant - this just seems the logical place to ask.

I bought a ELM327/bluetooth without doing any homework, just assumed "she'll be right" - wrong! Worked fine on a BA, but obviously not on my XH - they're what I now believe are OBD1. More the fool me.

I clicked on a link in bartsau post (#34 in this thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...6&postcount=34) that took me to http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/toad/ and after having a read through it appears they have software support for OBD1 via USB to laptop from the diagnostic connector for the earlier Falcons for $US97, the cable adaptor links seem a tad iffy - I'll have a closer look at them later to see if one will suit the XH/EL.

Has any of you used this software or cabling before for OBD1? There's a post on the AFF about bridging the pinouts from the connector to get the fault codes to flash up on one of the idiot lights on the dash - I'm lazy and cbf going down that path if I can get around it. Just would like to read and reset fault codes, not interested in reprogramming the ECU which the TOAD software allegedly purports to do.

Thanks for any input lads.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2014, 04:00 PM   #60
Dall13
Starter Motor

Bought one today ($10.67) on the reports given so far. Am now waiting the 4 to 6 weeks delivery......
Dall13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post