Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-07-2016, 08:33 PM   #31
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: How pathetic can people be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Bullet View Post
Be prepared for a visit from Mr Plod.

This reeks of someone knocking off yours to commit a crime. If the database isn't updated they might just come knocking on your door.
Don't know about that. If I read the OP correctly, it will be the seller who didn't transfer ownership who will be getting the visit won't it?

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2016, 08:52 PM   #32
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst2000 View Post
I personally don't bother with notifying VicRoads.

As i always keep a copy of the transfer papers & licence details anyway (simple to do with a mobile phone) if this scenario was to occur.
That is ok, if you do happen to experience this you just might find just how unpleasant & time consuming it can be, you will be the one chasing things up in your time to get all the B.S. sorted out as the authorities don't really give a **** about you.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2016, 08:59 PM   #33
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I personally don't bother with notifying VicRoads.

As i always keep a copy of the transfer papers & licence details anyway (simple to do with a mobile phone) if this scenario was to occur.
I actually fail to understand your lack of intelligence with this statement.If the vehicle has been transferred by the seller Vicroads have it on record.If you have sold a vehicle without transferring you are responsible for any penalties.Whatever you have on your phone matters not a rats ort to the authorities
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2016, 09:23 PM   #34
rst2000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
I actually fail to understand your lack of intelligence with this statement.If the vehicle has been transferred by the seller Vicroads have it on record.If you have sold a vehicle without transferring you are responsible for any penalties.Whatever you have on your phone matters not a rats ort to the authorities
you are from Tassie after all..

Before questioning one's intelligence, maybe you should be aware of the "sellers" VicRoads requirements as set out :

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/regi...stered-vehicle

NOTE :

The buyer is responsible for submitting the application for transfer of registration form and Certificate of Roadworthiness to VicRoads.

Last edited by rst2000; 30-07-2016 at 09:32 PM.
rst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2016, 01:35 AM   #35
xr6-FTW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My rego is due next month so it turned out alright now that I should be receiving a letter soon for the payment, I guess a learning curve of this is don't trust a car yard to transfer the car into your name, because as I was told where I work at bmw by the finance bloke, the seller would of been in trouble. To be a licensed car trader and not have the transfership done properly is very unprofessional he went on to say. All hell would of broken loose if lets say the car yard shut down due to bankruptcy etc because the bank would of came looking for the car because it was still listed under them, and not me which would of turned into a big legal battle I was told.
xr6-FTW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-07-2016, 04:17 PM   #36
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXRII View Post
Not the doughnut boys driving by that they've got to worry about. It's the vehicle plate detection cameras which would not have picked up the crime had you not reported it. Cop work today is fully automated.
Yeah fully automated, they dont need to attend domestics or assaults, the automation does it for them.
Old 31-07-2016, 04:22 PM   #37
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6-FTW View Post
My rego is due next month so it turned out alright now that I should be receiving a letter soon for the payment, I guess a learning curve of this is don't trust a car yard to transfer the car into your name, because as I was told where I work at bmw by the finance bloke, the seller would of been in trouble. To be a licensed car trader and not have the transfership done properly is very unprofessional he went on to say. All hell would of broken loose if lets say the car yard shut down due to bankruptcy etc because the bank would of came looking for the car because it was still listed under them, and not me which would of turned into a big legal battle I was told.
You would have been ok, rego's not proof of ownership, bill of sale or contract or money transfer docs is what you need
Blue Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2016, 04:31 PM   #38
Matty4
Banana

Quote:
you are from Tassie after all..

Before questioning one's intelligence, maybe you should be aware of the "sellers" VicRoads requirements as set out :

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/regi...stered-vehicle

NOTE :

The buyer is responsible for submitting the application for transfer of registration form and Certificate of Roadworthiness to VicRoads.
Be very careful with this!!!!!
I sold a car a couple of years ago and the purchaser agreed to attend Vicroads and do all the paperwork. Only after I started getting fines in the mail from speed cameras and Eastlink tolls that I contacted Vicroads about it to find he hadn't bothered. Every single notice I received I had to complete the nomination on the back of the new owner (not just once, every single time) and then I finally had to go into Vicroads myself to notify them of the sale and date of disposal.
Royal PITA.....
This user likes this post: