Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-06-2016, 02:30 AM   #1
BradZ
I'm still alive

Default What does everyone do for a hobby?

I know we all like Fords but apart from that what does everyone do?
My Falcons aren't my only money pits!

I love riding trails on my Yz450f, which has cost me a bit of money but certainly not my most expensive hobby

I suppose my biggest money pit and the hobby that demands most of my time is being a hunter/shooter.
I hunt rabbits, foxes, pigs, and deer. Working on a roo license.

Here's my tool of the trade, a Tikka T3 .22-250 for those that understand.

It may not look it but it's worth more than my yzf and nearly as much as my Bf Xr6, I'll let you all work that out.

And like my cars I cant leave things stock. The rifle didn't look like that when I purchased it. Expensive but so satisfying. I'm all for the humane kill, not only is it cruel but to me it's a crap shot if the animal doesn't drop stone dead when hit.

Furthest I've shot is a fox at 400m which I'm pretty happy with but im forever trying to improve.

I load my own rounds aswell which isnt a cheap endeavor to get started in

My custom round on the left next to a premium factory round.
I wont bore the non-shooters too much but my round is a lot faster and cheaper than the factory load. Leaves the gun at 4000 feet per second.

So yeah, any other hunters/shooters on here?? Would love to meet a few!

Cheers guys

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-5000k Headlight conversion
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub
-Pioneer Class D Digital 800W Amp

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Build Thread http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11344773

Last edited by BradZ; 13-06-2016 at 02:35 AM.
BradZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2016, 02:44 AM   #2
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 
Default Re: What does everyone do for a hobby?

The last couple of weeks ive gotten back into my RC cars that have been sitting around for over 5 years. Ive got a fair few laying around; Tamiya TT01 and 3Racing F1-09 both with brushless motors and a HPI Truggy with a Force .15 that ive gotten working again. Ive still got a Kyosho Mad Force that needs new servo's, an old Thunder Tiger touring car that has a worn out .12 engine and a GV BV1 chassis that needs an engine and electronics. Ontop of that my brother has a pair of his own TT01's with a whole lot of upgraded bits.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2016, 02:44 AM   #3
drz250

I haven't got into shooting/hunting just because it seems like a real headache to bother about it here in Aus. I have been lucky enough to handle some really nice firearms in my time though, including military firearms (F88 Austeyr, etc) when I was in army cadets as a lad.

That's a fine rifle you have there. I can totally understand how it's cost you so much, I spend a lot of time watching gun channels on YouTube and some of the prices are crazy. I'm trying to work out the caliber by looking at it and it's really hard to tell. The rounds look like 5.56x45mm to me but the rifle itself looks bigger than that so I have no idea...?

I am also into dirt bikes. I'm currently looking for another 250cc trail bike to replace my current Suzuki DR z250 with. I would go for a 450 but the trails I ride are fairly tight and a 250 usually feels more nimble. I have considered 2 stroke but will probably stick with 4 stroke.
drz250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-06-2016, 02:55 AM   #4
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

I'm about to get into hunting/shooting as I have family who are mad for it. So it should be a good way to spend some quality time. Deer will probably be the main target but there's plenty of rabbits here to practice on.
I fires a .375 H&H today. Wow has that got some kick. I did have a shot on a .22-250 a few years back and it's quite impressive with the speed and accuracy of it.
I also have a TM250 EN dirt bike but don't get out much of late as we have a lot going on atm.
I
I'm also into cycling but mostly mtb. It kind of crept up on me. I started doing a little riding to keep fit for dirt bikes and ended up doing a fair bit and spending up big. Now I have 3 carbon fibre bikes with the cheapest one being $2500 before any upgrades. This ones my favourite.
Carbon frame, wheels, cranks, bars, stem and seat post. At one stage it even had carbon brake discs but turned out to be rubbish.

I've recently got into fishing and have spent a bomb lately. All of sudden I have about 16 rods and gear everywhere. But I'm hopeless at catching anything. Doing a cape york trip later in the year so hope to change my luck.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2016, 02:58 AM   #5
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drz250 View Post
I haven't got into shooting/hunting just because it seems like a real headache to bother about it here in Aus. I have been lucky enough to handle some really nice firearms in my time though, including military firearms (F88 Austeyr, etc) when I was in army cadets as a lad.

That's a fine rifle you have there. I can totally understand how it's cost you so much, I spend a lot of time watching gun channels on YouTube and some of the prices are crazy. I'm trying to work out the caliber by looking at it and it's really hard to tell. The rounds look like 5.56x45mm to me but the rifle itself looks bigger than that so I have no idea...?

I am also into dirt bikes. I'm currently looking for another 250cc trail bike to replace my current Suzuki DR z250 with. I would go for a 450 but the trails I ride are fairly tight and a 250 usually feels more nimble. I have considered 2 stroke but will probably stick with 4 stroke.

Interest in a TM250?
Old 13-06-2016, 03:04 AM   #6
BradZ
I'm still alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO View Post
The last couple of weeks ive gotten back into my RC cars that have been sitting around for over 5 years. Ive got a fair few laying around; Tamiya TT01 and 3Racing F1-09 both with brushless motors and a HPI Truggy with a Force .15 that ive gotten working again. Ive still got a Kyosho Mad Force that needs new servo's, an old Thunder Tiger touring car that has a worn out .12 engine and a GV BV1 chassis that needs an engine and electronics. Ontop of that my brother has a pair of his own TT01's with a whole lot of upgraded bits.
I was right into nitro r/c buggies years ago aswell! I still have my GV Dominator buggy in the shed i think.
Such good fun!

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

2 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2016, 03:09 AM   #7
drz250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
Interest in a TM250?
That's an awesome bike and must be a heap of fun but I'm not really looking for a racing bike, just for a trail-bike that I can cover a lot of kilometers on. That's the only reason I want a 4 stroke as well - to carry less fuel with me.
Old 13-06-2016, 03:09 AM   #8
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've also had nitro buggies and still have a nitro helicopter in the shed. The chopper is the hardest thing I've ever tried to do.
Too many toys.
Old 13-06-2016, 03:15 AM   #9
BradZ
I'm still alive

Quote:

I hear you mate, the firearms scene in Aus is in a bad way. But if it ever happens, bolt guns will be the last type of rifles they take.

That being said, that'd be the day I 'dropped it in the river'

Appreciate the kind words mate, most of the dollars are invested in the scope, a German made Carl Zeiss with a price tag to make your eyes water. That, and the Grs stock from Sweden.

The caliber is .22-250. 5.56x45 is a .223 which is a fair bit smaller than this. I picked this out as my 21st birthday present. This was the first gun i ever owned and I needed something that wasn't too violent to learn and build confidence with.

The recoil is non existent but the crack it makes is louder than most due to projectiles leaving the barrel at 4000fps, certainly leaves your ears ringing and your brain wondering who you are haha

Its a great starting caliber, small enough for rabbits although overkill, large enough for bigger animals and it shoots extremely flat which means minimal bullet drop, which means no on-the-fly calculations, just point and shoot for the most part. And factory rounds are half reasonably priced, not that I buy them anymore.

Now we're well acquainted and I confidently take game out past 500m and have hit coke cans at 650m. Just as well we get along because the sentimental value of it is huge so it'll be passed down generations when the time comes.

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Old 13-06-2016, 03:19 AM   #10
BradZ
I'm still alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
I'm about to get into hunting/shooting as I have family who are mad for it. So it should be a good way to spend some quality time. Deer will probably be the main target but there's plenty of rabbits here to practice on.
I fires a .375 H&H today. Wow has that got some kick. I did have a shot on a .22-250 a few years back and it's quite impressive with the speed and accuracy of it.
I also have a TM250 EN dirt bike but don't get out much of late as we have a lot going on atm.
I image
I'm also into cycling but mostly mtb. It kind of crept up on me. I started doing a little riding to keep fit for dirt bikes and ended up doing a fair bit and spending up big. Now I have 3 carbon fibre bikes with the cheapest one being $2500 before any upgrades. This ones my favourite. image
Carbon frame, wheels, cranks, bars, stem and seat post. At one stage it even had carbon brake discs but turned out to be rubbish.

I've recently got into fishing and have spent a bomb lately. All of sudden I have about 16 rods and gear everywhere. But I'm hopeless at catching anything. Doing a cape york trip later in the year so hope to change my luck.
Phew! .375 h&h would definitely let you know you're alive!
Biggest ive shot is a 9.3x62mm, 280gr bullet. No muzzle brake, no recoil pad.

One word, unpleasant! I'd never own one without at least a muzzle brake, jesus christ it hurts. The owner himself buries his head in the ground and sulks for 5 mins after every shot haha

Yep I love my 250, the noise is intimidating but the kick isn't. It helps with long shots are you aren't flinching in anticipation of massive recoil. That being said it has 'scoped' someone after I offered them a turn of it haha whoops.

Next rifle will be a 7mm Rem mag which from all my research I've gathered:
Will shoot past 1000m
Will hurt, a lot

I'm a keen fisherman too, even though I rarely catch anything other than a carp lol. I've only got 2 rods but they're Pflueger baitcasters and they hurt the wallet a little.

How much did the TM set you back? They're great bikes I've heard

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Last edited by BradZ; 13-06-2016 at 03:26 AM.
Old 13-06-2016, 03:20 AM   #11
drz250

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradZ View Post
most of the dollars are invested in the scope, a German made Carl Zeiss with a price tag to make your eyes water.
I totally understand that, I have a camera with Zeiss lenses and suffice to say, the lenses didn't come cheap! Amazing quality though.

I feel that the media is to blame for portraying guns as evil instead of recognising them as the tool that they are but that's just the way it is. I have known many responsible gun owners and to be honest, most of the gun owners I know are the best blokes going.

Edit: I'm not surprised I got caliber wrong, I have no experience haha.
Old 13-06-2016, 03:32 AM   #12
FPV GTHO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Sharing his knowledge of performance exhaust setups for the NA 6 cyc Barra Falcon from BA to FG. 

Quote:
I was right into nitro r/c buggies years ago aswell! I still have my GV Dominator buggy in the shed i think.
Such good fun!

GV was pretty popular when i was last playing with them. My group of friends all had V2's which were basically put together like a buggy anyway with the shaft drive, unlike the BV1 which is belt driven. Cant even find them on eBay anymore as all the cheap **** is HSP. My first one ever i got for my 10th birthday, a Tamiya TA02 Hummer kit that had a thick plastic body as well, not the polycarbonate stuff everything else has. I still have the body and redrilled the body post holes to suit about 2-3 other chassis since.
FPV GTHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2016, 03:32 AM   #13
BradZ
I'm still alive

Quote:
I totally understand that, I have a camera with Zeiss lenses and suffice to say, the lenses didn't come cheap! Amazing quality though.

I feel that the media is to blame for portraying guns as evil instead of recognising them as the tool that they are but that's just the way it is. I have known many responsible gun owners and to be honest, most of the gun owners I know are the best blokes going.

Edit: I'm not surprised I got caliber wrong, I have no experience haha.
That was part of my reasoning. Carl Zeiss are the best in the business in camera lenses so surely they can build scopes right?

Yep, dead right. It cost a lot more than the purchase price of the rifle itself but I regret nothing. Originally had a cheap scope on it and it was awful. Never held zero, **** to look through and not enough zoom. I had trouble non stop with it.

$175 scope mounts and a > $1000 scope and my shooting has improved tenfold. The other scope now lives on my .22wmr.

Yeah the media is nearly 100% to blame for this ****. My only argument is this.
Why tighten the laws? That only effects law abiding shooters like myself. The actual criminals dont obey the law anyway otherwise they wouldnt be criminals!

I half understand the concept behind it but its a massive knee-jerk reaction.
Ill informed journalists bring up the Port Arthur massacre in response to the Adler lever action shotgun coming to Aus.
Okay...but it was a semi-auto AR 223 with a magazine capacity of probably 30+ used in the massacre, not a 7 shot lever action shotgun...

It needs to be harder for criminals to get guns, no harder for licensed shooters.
I'll stand by the saying, if guns kill people then spoons make people fat.

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Last edited by BradZ; 13-06-2016 at 03:40 AM.
Old 13-06-2016, 03:36 AM   #14
BradZ
I'm still alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV GTHO View Post
GV was pretty popular when i was last playing with them. My group of friends all had V2's which were basically put together like a buggy anyway with the shaft drive, unlike the BV1 which is belt driven. Cant even find them on eBay anymore as all the cheap **** is HSP. My first one ever i got for my 10th birthday, a Tamiya TA02 Hummer kit that had a thick plastic body as well, not the polycarbonate stuff everything else has. I still have the body and redrilled the body post holes to suit about 2-3 other chassis since.
We had one hobby shop which was Toyworld so as you can imagine my choices were limited.
From memory it was $500 to buy.

4wd, not belt driven and had a Force .25 motor I THINK.. dont quote me

Straight away i drove it in water accidentally and the servos were never the same again. I fitted a failsafe, thank god I did otherwise I doubt I'd still have it today!

EDIT: You still into them? I've got that Gv buggy and remote in the shed if you want it? Poor thing has been gathering dust for years.

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Last edited by BradZ; 13-06-2016 at 03:41 AM.
Old 13-06-2016, 03:44 AM   #15
drz250

Quote:
Why tighten the laws? That only effects law abiding shooters like myself. The actual criminals dont obey the law anyway otherwise they wouldnt be criminals!
I agree completely. It isn't all about keeping guns from the criminals, it is also about control.

Quote:
Ill informed journalists bring up the Port Arthur massacre in response to the Adler lever action shotgun coming to Aus.
Okay...but it was a semi-auto AR 223 with a magazine capacity of probably 30+ used in the massacre, not a 7 shot lever action shotgun...
Yes, they do bring it up - because they are ill-informed. They are puppets moving to the will of those in control, or maybe they're just cockatoos repeating what their masters told them. Who knows?

Last edited by drz250; 13-06-2016 at 03:49 AM.
Old 13-06-2016, 03:48 AM   #16
BradZ
I'm still alive

Quote:
I agree completely. It isn't all about keeping guns from the criminals, it is also about control.

Yes, they do bring it up - because they are ill-informed. They are puppets moving to the will of those in control, or maybe they just cockatoos repeating what their masters told them. Who knows?
I'd love a civil debate with one of them as they know absolutely nothing.
I remember a report saying they found 22mm and 223mm ammo in someones car.

22mm and 223mm hey? That's anti-aircraft/cannon size you morons. I'd love to see someone shooting something that size lol. Shows not only how much they know about guns but also how well they fact check. Not at all so it seems :/

Not to mention the " Police found 400 rounds of 22mm ammo" comment.

Considering they're $40 for 555 rounds its not uncommon to buy that many for plinking/target ammo.

Scare mongering at its finest! :/

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Old 13-06-2016, 03:52 AM   #17
drz250

Quote:
I'd love a civil debate with one of them as they know absolutely nothing.
I remember a report saying they found 22mm and 223mm ammo in someones car.

22mm and 223mm hey? That's anti-aircraft/cannon size you morons. I'd love to see someone shooting something that size lol. Shows not only how much they know about guns but also how well they fact check. Not at all so it seems :/

Not to mention the " Police found 400 rounds of 22mm ammo" comment.

Some dude just driving around with a flak cannon mounted to his ute...

Quote:
Scare mongering at its finest!
Yep.
Old 13-06-2016, 03:53 AM   #18
BradZ
I'm still alive

Quote:

Yes, they do bring it up - because they are ill-informed. They are puppets moving to the will of those in control, or maybe they're just cockatoos repeating what their masters told them. Who knows?
Not to mention the fact they left the voting of the firearms legislation on the anniversary of the Port Arthur massacre just to convince the sheep guns are bad.

I personally think its poor taste, oh lets broadcast a national tragedy to get people mad at guns then we'll get them to vote on our anti-gun bill.

Am I the only one that see's it happening?

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Old 13-06-2016, 03:54 AM   #19
BradZ
I'm still alive

Quote:
Some dude just driving around with a flak cannon mounted to his ute...

Yep.
Well yeah thats the size they're claiming!
It would literally be a cannon

Then you get the asshats from PETA.
They've obviously never seen what foxes do to farmers and sheep. Nor would they understand how 1080 works seeing as they're pushing so hard for it.

Arghhh, leave me and my bolt guns alone, let me hunt pest animals and I'm happy!

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Old 13-06-2016, 03:55 AM   #20
drz250

Quote:
Not to mention the fact they left the voting of the firearms legislation on the anniversary of the Port Arthur massacre just to convince the sheep guns are bad.

I personally think its poor taste, oh lets broadcast a national tragedy to get people mad at guns then we'll get them to vote on our anti-gun bill.
It is absolutely in poor taste. That's politics for ya.

Quote:
Am I the only one that see's it happening?
Nope.
Old 13-06-2016, 03:59 AM   #21
BradZ
I'm still alive

Quote:
It is absolutely in poor taste. That's politics for ya.

Nope.
They think the 7 shot shotgun is a rapid fire weapon..
Okay, its reasonably fast just like all the other lever action guns.. which they're trying to get restricted too mind you.

But, if you tested who could fire 10 rounds off fastest between an under/over and the Adler I guarantee it'll be the under/over. Adler would be faster for the first 5 until it needs to be reloaded.

A member of a political party did a video showing exactly that, next minute he's in the news for 'going too far' and 'crossing the line' for legally shooting his legally owned gun on legal private property...

The level of incompetence absolutely baffles me :/

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Old 13-06-2016, 04:03 AM   #22
BradZ
I'm still alive

On a lighter note, heres an old photo before I put a new stock on my 250.
Red rifle is my $400 special, .22wmr and the far right is an old Remington. 22 I paid $100 for.

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Old 13-06-2016, 04:05 AM   #23
BradZ
I'm still alive

Big, heavy, loud long range rig and my small,cheap,light bunny rifle

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Old 13-06-2016, 05:13 AM   #24
drz250

Mate must be a lot of fun hunting with those rifles. I'm a tad jealous.

atm I'm camping out somewhere near a river and weather has just turned foul :/
Old 13-06-2016, 07:06 AM   #25
BradZ
I'm still alive

Quote:
Mate must be a lot of fun hunting with those rifles. I'm a tad jealous.

atm I'm camping out somewhere near a river and weather has just turned foul :/
It certainly is! The .22wmr is the fun gun, and never gets shot over 80-100m.I shoot targets, cans, bottles, rabbits etc with it. The big rifle is what I use when I need things dead from 200m+, I spend a lot of time making bullets for it to assure 100% accuracy.

4 shots at 250m

Its fun shooting my Tikka, not so much carrying it :/

Thats no good about the weather mate, nothing worse than when it happens out camping! Sounds like weather in the high country, unpredictable and has a go at all seasons in a day lol.

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Old 13-06-2016, 07:54 AM   #26
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Yeah the media is nearly 100% to blame for this ****. My only argument is this.

I half understand the concept behind it but its a massive knee-jerk reaction.

It needs to be harder for criminals to get guns, no harder for licensed shooters.
I'll stand by the saying, if guns kill people then spoons make people fat.

what gun laws are they looking at tightening?
I'm happy with our gun laws, criminals will always be able to get guns no matter how hard they make it, the good thing is is that criminal gangs don't generally kill innocent people or let kids get ahold of the guns,

what our gun laws do do is to stop people who are crazy or have little understanding that they are not a toy (children) getting ahold of them. just look at the latest shooting in the states, 50 killed and 50 injured, thank god we don't have semi autos or autos, can't really have a massacre with a bolt action or two shot 12g.

these views are not coming from some anti gun activist. i am fully licensed and own guns. i just like that i can walk down a street in australia and know no one is carrying a gun.
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2016, 07:55 AM   #27
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:

that is a fantastic looking rifle. i want to add something with flair like that to my safe
Old 13-06-2016, 08:15 AM   #28
BradZ
I'm still alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
what gun laws are they looking at tightening?
I'm happy with our gun laws, criminals will always be able to get guns no matter how hard they make it, the good thing is is that criminal gangs don't generally kill innocent people or let kids get ahold of the guns,

what our gun laws do do is to stop people who are crazy or have little understanding that they are not a toy (children) getting ahold of them. just look at the latest shooting in the states, 50 killed and 50 injured, thank god we don't have semi autos or autos, can't really have a massacre with a bolt action or two shot 12g.

these views are not coming from some anti gun activist. i am fully licensed and own guns. i just like that i can walk down a street in australia and know no one is carrying a gun.
Well my understanding is that as the Adler has struck fear into their hearts they want it in category c or d with pump action shotguns.

Then we said " how is it any different to the Cat A lever rifles we've had for years without incident?"

They said " oh dear thats terrible, lets make ALL lever actions cat c or d"

When in all fairness they should bring pump action down a category..

Honestly if they just left things alone I'd be happy. I want an under/over 12ga and a few more bolt rifles and that'll do me. I dont need semi-autos.

And i couldn't agree more about the US's gun laws. Absolutely ludicrous. Why do you NEED to open carry an assault rifle in public??? Thats just asking for someone to snap and open fire..again....again..

Yet due to one if their amendments they know they can not get there guns taken as it's their god given right. :/

Visual
-Lowered on SSSL's
-DJR Bobtail
-Darkest legal tint
-Tinted taillights

Audio
-Ford Premium Sound
-Pioneer 1000W 12'' Sub

Performance
-Custom Cold Air Intake

Old 13-06-2016, 08:27 AM   #29
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

ah fair enough, i want a lever action after watching 'hell on wheels'

i always figure if you need a semi auto or auto to hit a target you can't shoot
Old 13-06-2016, 08:33 AM   #30
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My major money sink hobby has been photography.

Took my Dad's old SLR away with me to uni and had a flatmate who was into it. We joined the local camera club, and I slowly got better.

Few years back I went back to uni and was working and studying full time, had no time to take photos and I haven't gotten back into it at the same level. Won a few awards at club and state level, and used to do weddings and events a lot.

Now I want to go take photos of the stars, but my gear isn't really up to it, so I don't do much at all.

Spending more money on music these days. Have a decent acoustic guitar, now also have a cheap electric, two ukuleles, a mandolin, harmonica and melodica. I really need to pick one and stick to it!
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post