Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-07-2016, 07:52 PM   #1
UKFPV

Default Islamic State (so called)

Thought you guys may want to take a look

http://youtu.be/WIKg3Qexn7U
UKFPV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2016, 08:28 PM   #2
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Islamic State (so called)

Definitely puts the horse before the cart. The Kalashnikov is waved in the air like a rebels flag. The 'rebels' didn't invent it, and they carry it because it is a forgiving mechanical piece. Dirt, water, poor service, it will still work. Hence it's popularity with idiots.
Similar analogy here with some idiots and modern cars. Many powerful enough to get you or somebody else into trouble.
Errgh, enough of this.
Still, nice to hear Andrew Neil's message.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2016, 09:03 PM   #3
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I have heard that an AK can be manufactured for as little as $30 USD. They can also be made by hand due to their simple design. The AK pattern rifle only has 8 moving parts and wide tolerances, this is why it is so ruggedly reliable. It's a hell of a lot easier to make an AK-74 than it is to make an AR-15. The rifle isn't evil, it's just associated with evil because it's virtues align it with guerilla warfare.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2016, 09:24 PM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

There was a very interesting video on YouTube regarding the manufacturer of guns in Pakistans tribal regions. Mostly done by hand with primitive hand tools and sold for what we would consider peanuts.

Soon after it was posted the government cleared out the whole area (apparently).

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2016, 10:43 AM   #5
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
The AK pattern rifle only has 8 moving parts and wide tolerances
Just like an LS1
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2016, 11:52 AM   #6
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L View Post
Just like an LS1
Both are tarnished by the bad people that have owned them too!
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 21-07-2016, 11:50 PM   #7
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
I have heard that an AK can be manufactured for as little as $30 USD. They can also be made by hand due to their simple design. The AK pattern rifle only has 8 moving parts and wide tolerances, this is why it is so ruggedly reliable. It's a hell of a lot easier to make an AK-74 than it is to make an AR-15. The rifle isn't evil, it's just associated with evil because it's virtues align it with guerilla warfare.
the ak did better in Vietnam than the Jammin Jimmy of the Yanks.
Falcons have been tarnished quite a bit on this forum.... sheesh.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2016, 10:24 AM   #8
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX View Post
Falcons have been tarnished quite a bit on this forum.... sheesh.
And so have the Yanks
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2016, 11:45 PM   #9
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a delusional man if he thinks these attacks have no impact on the societies they take place in. Head in the sand type attitude is so utterly dangerous...
When the European nations get sick of the refugee crisis that has taken over their countries and vote in a right wing political party that has promised to remove the millions of refugees do people really think the refugees will willingly leave?
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
ford man xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-07-2016, 02:22 PM   #10
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford man xf View Post
What a delusional man if he thinks these attacks have no impact on the societies they take place in. Head in the sand type attitude is so utterly dangerous...
When the European nations get sick of the refugee crisis that has taken over their countries and vote in a right wing political party that has promised to remove the millions of refugees do people really think the refugees will willingly leave?
Never seen any country that has removed refugees it has eccepted, I think you live in La La land.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2016, 06:14 PM   #11
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
Never seen any country that has removed refugees it has eccepted, I think you live in La La land.
Which countries in the past have accepted so many in such a short amount of time? There is a lot of unrest by citizens in many of the European countries that accepted them, this is evident in the protest movements, there is also the silent majority which will happily vote for a political party that will put an end to the immigration.
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
ford man xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2016, 09:00 PM   #12
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Which countries in the past have accepted so many in such a short amount of time? There is a lot of unrest by citizens in many of the European countries that accepted them, this is evident in the protest movements, there is also the silent majority which will happily vote for a political party that will put an end to the immigration.
There has been plenty of countries that has accepted high number of refugees which has been going on since the end of WW2, as I said never seen refugees removed after acceptance & I doubt very much you would see it happening, you might see countries not accepting or reduce intake but not deporting any en masse
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2016, 11:26 PM   #13
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford man xf
the silent majority
Everytime someone says this, the <namesake> have a collective earth-shattering orgasm
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2016, 11:45 PM   #14
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L View Post
Everytime someone says this, the <namesake> have a collective earth-shattering orgasm
Not that I'm in the know, but errorism (no typo) is all about scare tactics, that can escalate. When my 6 year old won't get up and move (get dressed or whatever) because he is playing on his samsung tablet, I say I will put it in the bin. On times it gets confiscated for the day and he does what is asked. If I did bin it my house would turn into world war 3. I never will do it, but it works. Errorism is in my opinion like that but society is the tablet. People get scared by the tactics (fair enough) and the small (large really, but comparing things to the total population) occurrences that have happened over the years give those people power which is unjustified, as they have a left field beliedf in something which makes them forget about self preservation. How would you be if the 100 virgins were all men? That would be hell in my book
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2016, 11:54 PM   #15
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Stop throwing tablets in your kids face and packing their lunch-boxes with processed food.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2016, 12:08 AM   #16
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Stop throwing tablets in your kids face and packing their lunch-boxes with processed food.
Nice, on the light hearted side of things, I hope the fact he has asthma doesn't lead him from using a puffer to smoking cigars. No shots fired, I liked your post
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2016, 12:05 PM   #17
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
There has been plenty of countries that has accepted high number of refugees which has been going on since the end of WW2
Including us. eg. hundreds of thousands post-WW2 to work on schemes such as Snowy Hydro. And that is the difference, they were brought here for specific reasons and they knew it. They came, they were put to work, and they made a life here.

Europe cant employ the people that were born there, what hope for the multitudes of refugees? Everyone just ends up on welfare. Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia and UAE evade any criticism whatsoever for taking no refugees... seems its acceptable for Muslim nations to not have to take in refugees that are the wrong flavor of Islam, but Europe is guilt-tripped into taking far more than they should be....
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-07-2016, 08:41 PM   #18
Pis-ton broke
Banned

that link took me to a bbc news presenter, didn,t see guns?
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2016, 02:40 PM   #19
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
May as well vote in a hard left wing government and they just all happen to just disappear, under political correctness no one will dare say boo ! history has proven it's a fact.

Right wing mainly don't want the dregs but the left wing don't comprehend that to discriminate can be a healthy point to do with intelligence.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post