Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 12-01-2005, 01:47 PM   #1
Haza
Got My Eyez On U

Default Buying a Ford Focus

Hey guys. A friend of mine is looking at buyin a brand new Focus, and i was just wondering you reckon she should wait for the 05 model to come out or if she should just get the 04 model.

Another question here for all you focus owners. Are your happy with the car and what advice could you give.

thanx guys.
Haza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2005, 02:16 PM   #2
rob_o

The 05 model looks like it will be a ripper, I'd hang out and wait for it. Even if you choose to get the 04 model, im sure they will discount before the launch of the new one.
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2005, 02:25 PM   #3
SVOPete

My Sister in law ended up buying a focus, and she couldn't be happier (we tried lots of similar cars). New model usually means some run out bargains on the old ones, so the waiting is up to you.
SVOPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2005, 03:34 PM   #4
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

all comes down to cash really.

She could get a good deal on a run-out model. Or she spends up and gets the new one. As mentioned before the new model looks impressive.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2005, 09:31 PM   #5
Barry_v
rocknrolla

never ever buy the latest model. buy the 04 model on the runout, they will have ironed out all the bugs on that one.
Barry_v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2005, 09:53 PM   #6
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Wait for the all new model, its worth it just for the engine alone. The current ones are gutless but the new model uses Mazda engines with a heap of extra power, plus the interior is massively improved and the whole car is roomier.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2005, 09:56 PM   #7
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry_v
never ever buy the latest model. buy the 04 model on the runout, they will have ironed out all the bugs on that one.
The Focus doesn't really have many problems at all. It probably has the highest quality and reliability in the Ford range. The new model has been on sale in Europe for a few months now so any problems they might have had on release will have been fixed by the time they go on sale here.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 12:06 AM   #8
XRated
Shoot.

Mum has had her Focus for about six months now. It's a 2.0L auto, but it goes pretty hard off the line much to my amazement. It's very comfortable too (absorbs the road beautifully).

She loves it to bits and couldn't be happier, although the air con isn't blowing out cool air - it's going back to Ford Saturday. It's about 10,000kms young.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 09:23 AM   #9
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
The new model has been on sale in Europe for a few months now so any problems they might have had on release will have been fixed by the time they go on sale here.
Official Launch date was 09 January, so they've been on sale a few days, not months.
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 09:46 AM   #10
whippet_zetec
Supes

if you are buying the current model make sure you get the 2.0L engine (auto accross the range or a Zetec for the manual)....

as stated above if you go for the current model/shape you should be able to source a few good deals out there, plus its still a new car so you still get all the warranties.

personally I am looking forward to seeing and driving the new model but wont be updating my focus as even though its six months old I've still only got 6,000kms on the clock
Old 13-01-2005, 02:46 PM   #11
Kymera

not sure i'd say the new engines have "heaps" more power. and extra 10kw average across the range isn't a huge improvement. but agreed, i'd at least wait until the new model comes out so at least you can drive both and make an informed decision and not worry about regretting your decision later
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 03:21 AM   #12
batbo6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
Mum has had her Focus for about six months now. It's a 2.0L auto, but it goes pretty hard off the line much to my amazement. It's very comfortable too (absorbs the road beautifully).

She loves it to bits and couldn't be happier, although the air con isn't blowing out cool air - it's going back to Ford Saturday. It's about 10,000kms young.
I bought one about 3 weeks ago for the wife (2.0L auto hatch) and I am stoked with it and so is she. I agree with xrated. We never even drove one before I bought it, just relied on all the good press and comments from others that have one.
Awsome little beast!! Highly recommended :eclipsee_
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2005, 08:03 PM   #13
zetec
Zoom Zoom

10kw extra it might have, but I estimate a healthy 50-100kg extra also..... so howa bout that guys n gals? But a current model, give it 10kw extra, same power, less weight... KABAM!! Pocket Rocket.

I can't wait for it to come out though, will have the PHAT looks being a bigger, wider car and with big rims (18's) and a body kit it will blitz the current model, but there'll always be a huge sweet spot in my heart for my first Focus.